ADVERTISEMENT

Green Decision.....

Green has 2 years of eligibility. I am not sure if he can redshirt or not. So we have him at least this year and next year.

Given his height, he could easily play DE. If he can redshirt, he could just play a few games then sit and he could wind up being our NT or a starting DE for '20 and '21.

Green has 2 years of eligibility. I am not sure if he can redshirt or not. So we have him at least this year and next year.

Given his height, he could easily play DE. If he can redshirt, he could just play a few games then sit and he could wind up being our NT or a starting DE for '20 and '21.

You sure, kind of tall???????

Reactions: bigboxes
given our D line strength and LB numbers I have to believe we are going to be in 4 man fronts more than 3 this year

can anyone who can speak to this in the context of Chin's scheme?

I’m pretty sure they said he has 3 to play 2 (but ‘could’ be wrong). I think given our depth the wise move is to have him play his 4 games and keep him two more years.

But if he comes in and can unseat our experienced guys, then so be it.

given our D line strength and LB numbers I have to believe we are going to be in 4 man fronts more than 3 this year

can anyone who can speak to this in the context of Chin's scheme?

I am not sure the LB numbers are that bad. The talent level and/ or experience may not be there, but I think there are 5 or 6 deep at both LB positions. That is a 2 deep. I believe you will see some 4 man fronts, but when you do, it will be with 5 DBs not 3 LBs

Edit - and it will be based on the opponent's offense not on our depth at LB. If that makes sense

giphy.gif

That's probably right. Also @Tuco Salamanca , I just looked it up and him being 6'4" puts him in line to be a NT if he really wanted to be. I thought he was taller than that, and when you are over 6'5"-6'6" that becomes kind of hard to play unless you are also like 400 pounds.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I am not sure the LB numbers are that bad. The talent level and/ or experience may not be there, but I think there are 5 or 6 deep at both LB positions. That is a 2 deep. I believe you will see some 4 man fronts, but when you do, it will be with 5 DBs not 3 LBs

Edit - and it will be based on the opponent's offense not on our depth at LB. If that makes sense
makes sense to me

Man they have some toys on the DL to play with all of a sudden with Darrion and this kid adding to the depth.

Dare I dream of playing Wisconsin and not looking whipped up front by Midway through the third?

Yes! Having a potentially deep DL rotation could be huge against the stout run teams.

You sure, kind of tall???????

Leverage is a real thing. 76" isn't ideal.
In the B1G we will have have 5 CBS and 3 lbs, when we play a four man front, right? Seems legit.

We have a solid two deep at linebacker, right? Tell me about those backers.

In the B1G we will have have 5 CBS and 3 lbs, when we play a four man front, right? Seems legit.

If we have a 4 man front, +3 linebackers and 5 CBs, I’m thinking we’ll get flagged every play with this lineup until we get down to 11 men on the field...

If we have a 4 man front, +3 linebackers and 5 CBs, I’m thinking we’ll get flagged every play with this lineup until we get down to 11 men on the field...

Oh yes, 2 linebackers. My fault, but that is even better. I wasn't thinking about numbers. I was thinking about our linebackers.

Are you like Tuco and a big believer in our two deep at linebacker? Who are the five dbs ? You can add. What else you got?

Oh yes, 2 linebackers. My fault, but that is even better. I wasn't thinking about numbers. I was thinking about our linebackers.

Are you like Tuco and a big believer in our two deep at linebacker? Who are the five dbs ? You can add. What else you got?

If Nebraska plays Nickel it will be the following:

L Jax - CB
Bootle - CB
Dismuke - SS
Deontai- FS
Cam Taylor - Nickel

Being a shorter defensive lineman can have its advantages and disadvantages. A taller lineman with good technique will do just fine assuming they also have excellent power coming from their core and lower body.

Why would we go to a 5 DB look with 4 down linemen? We have had a hard time stopping the run in the past, even with the “peso” back when Bobo was running this.

Nebraska stopped the run with dejon Gomes playing LB. Probably had something to do with the other ten guys.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Michigan runs a 4-2-5 and is able to stop the run.
I think with the depth NU has at DL, at the very least teams would have trouble running the ball. And I have a good idea of the guys who would play the back five positions. But who gets the snaps at LB? Would think Mo Barry would certainly stay on the field. But what about the other LB spot?

ADVERTISEMENT