ADVERTISEMENT

Great article I missed...

gunNrun

Junior
Dec 16, 2007
Lincoln, Nebraska
Found this hidden on the front page, from a few weeks ago.
This article will be referenced in future threads.
Great read by Steve Rosen! Very informative.
Husker Baseball finances compared nationally and with the conference.
Also goes into comparative coaches salaries.

Already logged out to make sure it's publicly available, so all can enjoy.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/big-red-business-baseball-s-financial-scorecard

Reactions: saluno22
Thanks for posting!

Interesting in the middle of the article: "Illinois does not charge for tickets to Illini baseball games."

Also at the end, even Big 12 coaches at bottom-feeder schools earn more than Bolt will earn at NU.

I did that post a couple years back about B1G venues...
If I remember correctly, I thought Illinois's mid week games were free for all, but their weekend series were free just for students. But I could be wrong.
Get the fans to the ballpark however you can.

Bolt's annual salary is low. But he still has to prove himself.
Which was my original fear... once Bolt and his staff do prove themselves, will Nebraska be competitive against potential suitors?
With Moos around, I'm confident Nebraska will be.
Besides, if K-State can pay more, then Nebraska should be able to ante up.

What strikes me kind of odd, was the rumor of Iowa's Rick Heller wanting the Nebraska job, when he already makes more coaching the Hawkeyes Eek

I did that post a couple years back about B1G venues...
If I remember correctly, I thought Illinois's mid week games were free for all, but their weekend series were free just for students. But I could be wrong.
Get the fans to the ballpark however you can.

Bolt's annual salary is low. But he still has to prove himself.
Which was my original fear... once Bolt and his staff do prove themselves, will Nebraska be competitive against potential suitors?
With Moos around, I'm confident Nebraska will be.
Besides, if K-State can pay more, then Nebraska should be able to ante up.

What strikes me kind of odd, was the rumor of Iowa's Rick Heller wanting the Nebraska job, when he already makes more coaching the Hawkeyes Eek
Heller would of been paid more than Bolt. They were willing to pay the money depending on the coach and their experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT