ADVERTISEMENT

Grass coming to Memorial Stadium after 2025 season

I’ve smelled grass there more recently
Joint Cheech And Chong GIF

Reactions: GaRed
This is way overdue. I am so excited to hear this. I just hope they do it for the 2025 season and not after. The sooner the better. And I do not care what Tom Osborne says about injuries being the same on natural turf and artificial. From what I have read players far and away prefer to play on natural grass. That tells me that they know it is better for their bodies and is a more comfortable surface.

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
My understanding is their going to start with the practice field and after the 2025 season put in neutral grass..

Makes me wonder if they'll continue to have state fb championship games there. Will grass hold up for that many games and then black Friday
An issue every other year I guess for the Black Friday game, but no matter the amount heat or moisture it’s artificially provided, the condition in November will be nothing like it was just 8 weeks prior.

This is way overdue. I am so excited to hear this. I just hope they do it for the 2025 season and not after. The sooner the better. And I do not care what Tom Osborne says about injuries being the same on natural turf and artificial. From what I have read players far and away prefer to play on natural grass. That tells me that they know it is better for their bodies and is a more comfortable surface.
Anybody that’s played on artificial turf knows it’s just not the same. Really easy to roll an ankle for some reason and never experienced that on natural turf. Obviously, a lot worse injuries happen—I suspect a higher incidence of ACL tears, etc. too, but I can’t prove that.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The Carolina Panthers switched from natural grass to artificial turf in Rhule’s second and final season as coach… maybe the AD took this into account (of course not).

Can't wait for the horrible gifts..."Honey, here is a piece of the old turf, you can hang it in your man cave"

"Have you pretty much stopped trying in your marriage, does the thought of having to put in some thought for your "best friend" push you close to suicide...let us help you...For the Husker fan that already has a Husker golf bag, husker tees, husker putter cover, husker iron covers, husker golf glove...comes the Husker Field Turf!"

Attended the game at South Bend, I didn’t notice the grass field or didn’t think too much about it.. What fascinated me more was all the red in that studuim and how the ND fan’s sold their tickets for a pretty penny. I believe we paid $110 a ticket and there was 4 of us..

Have a picture in my living room of the stadium in the end zone looking toward Touchdown Jesus in the back round..

"Have you pretty much stopped trying in your marriage, does the thought of having to put in some thought for your "best friend" push you close to suicide...let us help you...For the Husker fan that already has a Husker golf bag, husker tees, husker putter cover, husker iron covers, husker golf glove...comes the Husker Field Turf!"
Actually not sure they can sell field turf like the old rugs

I have seen it sliced up before, I would imagine you can sell it.

A lot of times they will donate it to a school
Might be worth doing if we can have great success on the field these next two seasons.

I have seen it sliced up before, I would imagine you can sell it.

A lot of times they will donate it to a school
That makes more sense. Unlike a worn out rug, it should be able to be reusable but takes sand and tires

Reactions: saluno22
I think they should see how serving alcohol goes before they do this. One step at a time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT