ADVERTISEMENT

Graham Harrell?

At this point all the names mesh together for me. They all sound like the difference between Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman to me
Literally just listened a couple days ago to Pullman on a podcast talking about this phenomenon.

Also, among the greatest movie quotes ever: "You two donkey-dicks couldn't get laid in a morgue!"

• Haha
Reactions: pharvey0829
At this point all the names mesh together for me. They all sound like the difference between Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman to me

tumblr_mm8i3ckDJi1rhlncqo1_400.gif

So we get a pass-happy Mike Leach disciple, or a guy who's run triple option exclusively at Georgia Southern and Army. Sounds like we don't really have a handle on what Frost is going to do. Let's hope he does.

We'll run the Air Raid with Rattler until we get to the Red Zone, then bring in Smothers to run the triple option. What could go wrong 😄?

I agree neither hire makes sense. Implementing the air raid might not be too difficult though as it’s a variation of the spread offense, but you need a reliable QB. Triple option doesn’t make sense either, why didn’t Trev just hire Monken then? You could easily pay him 2-2.5 million to get him to Lincoln.

Air Raid puts up points. We need to put up points. I'd love the hire and it'll attract top QB talent.

Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Johnny Manziel
Jason White
Sam Bradford
RG3
Jared Goff
Tim Couch

were all Air Raid guys that either won a heisman or went #1 overall. I'd be really excited if the Air Raid came to Lincoln.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I didn't think it made sense until the Mikey Joseph hire. MJ has the ability to bring in big time WR talent and coach them up. Would need to get a QB in the portal to make it work.

I agree neither hire makes sense. Implementing the air raid might not be too difficult though as it’s a variation of the spread offense, but you need a reliable QB. Triple option doesn’t make sense either, why didn’t Trev just hire Monken then? You could easily pay him 2-2.5 million to get him to Lincoln.
Things no fans care about: Walk ons and money

Things Husker fans obsess over: Walk ons and money

So we get a pass-happy Mike Leach disciple, or a guy who's run triple option exclusively at Georgia Southern and Army. Sounds like we don't really have a handle on what Frost is going to do. Let's hope he does.
Harrell wouldn't be my first choice but I would rather have him than Davis. People forget how well TTech ran the ball with Leech's air raid offense.

I'll add that Harrell as the OC would make a lot more sense with Haarberg and our incoming freshman PLUS the pro-style QB we just offered a couple of weeks ago. Hell Masker could be effective in that offense IMO.

Air Raid puts up points. We need to put up points. I'd love the hire and it'll attract top QB talent.

Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Johnny Manziel
Jason White
Sam Bradford
RG3
Jared Goff
Tim Couch

were all Air Raid guys that either won a heisman or went #1 overall. I'd be really excited if the Air Raid came to Lincoln.

Graham Harrell is no Lincoln Riley or Sonny Dykes. USC's QB (Slovis) has regressed under Harrell after a great freshman season that hyped him as a future Heisman candidate (sounds a lot like Martinez).

Graham Harrell is no Lincoln Riley or Sonny Dykes. USC's QB (Slovis) has regressed under Harrell after a great freshman season that hyped him as a future Heisman candidate (sounds a lot like Martinez).
USC was a team with no head coach. Worse yet they had our former DB coach as their interim head coach. I wouldn't put too much in to what their QB did this year. They're a mess and I hardly would blame that on Harrell.

Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Johnny Manziel
Jason White
Sam Bradford
RG3
Jared Goff
Tim Couch

How many of them guys won a national championship....

Frost started recruiting pro style QB's a couple of years ago

Great get in MJ for WR coach..

Now you need an OC who is a master at the passing game too.

It looks to me like that is where we were headed anyways.

Ok, so who will be our new head coach in 2022 then? That is where that will end up at.
we don't know that for certain, but yeah, unless Frost pulls a rabbit out of the hat, then he's going to be fired, and then Trev can decide where he wants to go from there. At this point, I trust Trev more than I do Scott.

all i know is they could never win the big one and we could never beat them

One of my least favorite Husker game experiences was the Tech game in '09 (Suh's final season).

Tech beat us with their backup QB.

Why does everyone say he would bring the air raid. USC offense was 51/49 pass run the last three games. 56/44 for the year.

Reactions: headcard
Graham Harrell is trying to get the Colorado State head coaching job

Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Johnny Manziel
Jason White
Sam Bradford
RG3
Jared Goff
Tim Couch

Do we have the personnel for it? In 1 year ?

Graham Harrell comes in (doesn’t run the air raid btw). Jaxson Dart enters the portal because USC has a ton of qb options now, follows Harrell who recruited him to USC, Mickey Joseph develops the receiving core. Does it work? I don’t know but it becomes a lot more interesting next year. If it doesn’t work Frost is gone and we can move on from this chapter.

Do we have the personnel for it? In 1 year ?
Air Raid is base 10 personnel. Although some of the younger coaches throw 11 personnel in. We've got Betts and Manning that we can get on the field and Mickey can get us some guys in the portal. OL you need massive lineman. Which we have. You need a very smart QB but he doesnt have to be Patrick Mahomes (that does help though) I am an Air Raid coach so I'd be thrilled if we went to it. It's an incredibly simple offense I've run it with 11 year olds and had pretty good success with it. You do need a smart capable Qb though. Its a very Quarterback dependent offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT