ADVERTISEMENT

Got my vaccination today....

That's inaccurate and biased. We all know what you are getting at. Maybe you should look up what a vaccine is.
Not biased, and the information is accurate. A vaccine is to prevent from contracting an illness. This "vaccine" is intended to help prevent some of the symptoms, not the actual condition.
I did my research. The best of these "vaccines" is 94% affective

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Trainer? Meh. Doesn't much matter anymore anyway. :( Ahhh to be young again.
Sounds like you need some extra T....😉

16e4ce08b9aade3014035c953a453520.gif

By the way, I’ve read that there are a number of people who aren’t returning for their second dose. I wonder what that’s all about. I’m sure it has something to do with Biden and the Democrats though

I got my second shot last Saturday. Felt a little off but not enough to not go skiing Sunday and Monday. That same weather pattern that has slammed Nebraska gave us in the Northwest lots of snow up in the Cascades.

I got my second shot last Saturday. Felt a little off but not enough to not go skiing Sunday and Monday. That same weather pattern that has slammed Nebraska gave us in the Northwest lots of snow up in the Cascades.

Crazy weather on Snoqualmie - glad I don't have to travel to the west side any time soon! My kid in Kitsap Co said they had 8 inches of snow last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wasker77
Not biased, and the information is accurate. A vaccine is to prevent from contracting an illness. This "vaccine" is intended to help prevent some of the symptoms, not the actual condition.
You're overlooking the fact that the six percent or so who still got Covid after vaccination had asymptomatic or mild cases - none required hospitalization. So in my books that's around 100% effective against severe, life threatening Covid.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You're overlooking the fact that the six percent or so who still got Covid after vaccination had asymptomatic or mild cases - none required hospitalization. So in my books that's around 100% effective against severe, life threatening Covid.
That's exactly what vaccines are intended to do. No vaccine prevents infection. They prevent disease in most cases and hopefully death in all cases. There are degrees of efficacy in all vaccines from animal to animal as far as preventing viremia and shedding.

Sounds like you need some extra T....😉

16e4ce08b9aade3014035c953a453520.gif
Um. Not me. My wife could use a little sompun but I'm fine. It's one of the reasons research has shown that the most successful lengthy marriages have a situation where on average the wife is 8 years younger than her husband. Men tend to stay interested in intimacy longer than women.

Reactions: bluenrg
Interesting points regarding whether to vax or not to vax!

Food for thought....

Here are 12 important questions and answers before considering getting vaccinated:

●"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?"

Goverment: "NO"

●"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal?

Government: "NO"

●"If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?"

Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."

●"If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?"

Government: "NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."

●"If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?"

Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."

● "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?"

● "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?"

● "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?"

Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."

●"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?"

●"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?"

Government: "To protect others."

●"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?"

● "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?"

Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"

So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...
Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking

If after reading this you still decide to get the "vaccine"...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Feel free to copy, paste and share...
we could all move to South Dakota. I've gone to a few cattle sales up there this past week. I would be in a sale barn with 100 of my closest friends and I was the only one with a mask on. People looked at me like I was from Mars. You're asking the questions by the way as if we all lived in California or New York. There is NO doubt that some governors handled this deal horribly. It's not a coincidence that they were ALL Democrats intent on out of control government.

Last edited:
I would encourage anyone getting the vaccine to get a pulse oximeter. They're pretty cheap and you can get them at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. I know 2 people now that after getting the 2nd shot got pretty messed up and ended up in the ICU with oxygen levels under 87%. That's a pretty dangerous level to get down to.
No you didn’t.
3e203b605ba320afeca038837e9a83ef--billy-madison-adam-sandler.jpg

Had my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday afternoon. 4 hours later, slight fever, arm hurt, no big deal. Woke up at midnight with the worst chills I've ever had (teeth literally chattering) despite multiple blankets and 13 pound cat trying to keep me warm. Alternated 1 hour chills, 1 hour hot, 1 hour chills. Horrible headache the entire time. Discovered that there isn't a lot of great tv on in the early hours. Finally got some sleep. Today totally exhausted, migraine like headache, fever.

Yikes! Thought I might have some side effects but didn't think it would be this bad. Yes, I broke down and took tylenol to help.
We are overdue for our second moderna shot but from friends your reaction is pretty common. I think it's better than covid though so we are hoping the vaccines come in this week. It's a race against time for some. I had a friend who is expected to pass tonight. He got his first shot and tested positive the same day. He was getting tested before a back bv surgery 10 days later on his death bed

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
I got my second Pfizer shot this past Friday afternoon. On Saturday morning, I felt tired and a bit achy. Nothing terrible, even went out with my wife on Saturday evening for the first time in 11 months. Sunday started ok, was able to shovel the walks (again) but about the time the volleyball game started, I started getting very fatigued then had some chills, That lasted most of the afternoon. No apatite either. I went to bed early and feel completely back this morning. All worth it in my book. My 80 year old father experienced no side effects at all (we got shots together).

I got my second Pfizer shot this past Friday afternoon. On Saturday morning, I felt tired and a bit achy. Nothing terrible, even went out with my wife on Saturday evening for the first time in 11 months. Sunday started ok, was able to shovel the walks (again) but about the time the volleyball game started, I started getting very fatigued then had some chills, That lasted most of the afternoon. No apatite either. I went to bed early and feel completely back this morning. All worth it in my book. My 80 year old father experienced no side effects at all (we got shots together).
Glad to hear all is well

We are overdue for our second moderna shot but from friends your reaction is pretty common. I think it's better than covid though so we are hoping the vaccines come in this week. It's a race against time for some. I had a friend who is expected to pass tonight. He got his first shot and tested positive the same day. He was getting tested before a back bv surgery 10 days later on his death bed

I'm so sorry about your friend.
And yes, despite my reaction I'm very glad that I was able to get vaccinated.

Crazy weather again is WA - Snoqualmie, Stevens and White Pass all closed last night at 6ish because of rain/avalanche danger. Hopefully the bad weather has moved out of the King Co/Snohomish Co area and is just in the mountains.

....I know...who cares?????:)
It gives you a sense of relief doesn't it. I had my full series 4 weeks ago. After seeing so many of my patient suffer and ten of them lose their life, I have respect for COVID. It is a virus like none I have ever managed. The vaccine is the key to stopping the carnage.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Awwwwwwwwwwww.....

....so, you must be less than 65 yo, unless your dad was a slut at age 14. How'd you pull this off?
We are both veterans. The VA in Omaha is almost pleading to get vets in to give them vaccines. Appointments are nearly walk in. I am 55 but due to my work, I hang out in jails quite often (they always let me leave though) and so was deemed an essential worker.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
you dont know what you are talking about. A vaccine helps prep the body's immune system to recognize and disable viruses. This would result in no or fewer symptoms and an inability to transmit the virus to others. Not sure what you are using as the definition of "contracting" an illness. A virus still enters your body even after being vaccinated. It is rendered harmless shortly after by the immune response of the body which was primed by the vaccine. There are a lot of common vaccines that are considerably less effective than 94%.

we could all move to South Dakota. I've gone to a few cattle sales up there this past week. I would be in a sale barn with 100 of my closest friends and I was the only one with a mask on. People looked at me like I was from Mars. You're asking the questions by the way as if we all lived in California or New York. There is NO doubt that some governors handled this deal horribly. It's not a coincidence that they were ALL Democrats intent on out of control government.
you are just spewing political marketing material. Republicans want people to believe dems do what they do to try to control people. thats their marketing pitch to try to make dems look bad. but in reality both sides are just doing what they think is either best for the situation, for their people, or for their own re-election. any other description is just a description built to discredit the other side.
i'm not sure how one could establish what was the absolute "correct" response to the virus. there were a lot of different responses and not many of them proved very successful in my opinion. Most states had a lot of trouble with the virus whether they wore masks or didn't wear masks. I have friend in CA in Fresno area where the virus positivity rate never went much above 5% ever and they were back to full time school in the fall. FRiend in rural ks that never wore masks that went full time school in fall too. Republicans have just as many policy priorities that determine what people can and can't do as democrats do.

you are just spewing political marketing material. Republicans want people to believe dems do what they do to try to control people. thats their marketing pitch to try to make dems look bad. but in reality both sides are just doing what they think is either best for the situation, for their people, or for their own re-election. any other description is just a description built to discredit the other side.
i'm not sure how one could establish what was the absolute "correct" response to the virus. there were a lot of different responses and not many of them proved very successful in my opinion. Most states had a lot of trouble with the virus whether they wore masks or didn't wear masks. I have friend in CA in Fresno area where the virus positivity rate never went much above 5% ever and they were back to full time school in the fall. FRiend in rural ks that never wore masks that went full time school in fall too. Republicans have just as many policy priorities that determine what people can and can't do as democrats do.
South Dakota went with local control of mask mandates. If you visit there you'll see people put one on when they go in to Casey's stores and major chain stores but other than that they're maskless. Their death toll per million is below most Democrat controlled states and their economy is robust. Restaurants while suffering have been open the whole time. They had high school and college sports state wide and schools were opened on time. Meanwhile they seemed to have reached population immunity before vaccination is widespread as their numbers have dropped ridiculously low. I would say their lack of a statewide mask mandate had some success compared to what some states did with their mandated business closures and lockdowns.

Reactions: Antwill and bluenrg
you dont know what you are talking about. A vaccine helps prep the body's immune system to recognize and disable viruses. This would result in no or fewer symptoms and an inability to transmit the virus to others. Not sure what you are using as the definition of "contracting" an illness. A virus still enters your body even after being vaccinated. It is rendered harmless shortly after by the immune response of the body which was primed by the vaccine. There are a lot of common vaccines that are considerably less effective than 94%.
Latest study data from Israel, the most vaccinated country in the World, indicates the Pfizer vaccine is 98.9% effective in preventing hospitalizations for Covid. People can "split hairs" or argue semantic terms all day long if they want. I'm just personally satisfied to stay out the hospital and I've had my two doses of Pfizer.

From my quick search, South Dakota is #2 in the country in per capita number of COVID cases and #8 in the country in per capita deaths.

Reactions: schuele
South Dakota went with local control of mask mandates. If you visit there you'll see people put one on when they go in to Casey's stores and major chain stores but other than that they're maskless. Their death toll per million is below most Democrat controlled states and their economy is robust. Restaurants while suffering have been open the whole time. They had high school and college sports state wide and schools were opened on time. Meanwhile they seemed to have reached population immunity before vaccination is widespread as their numbers have dropped ridiculously low. I would say their lack of a statewide mask mandate had some success compared to what some states did with their mandated business closures and lockdowns.
On a per capita basis, South Dakota is tied for the 7th highest COVID death rate in the country:

COVID deaths by state

This chart says it's fared better than four Democrat-controlled states. Does that qualify as "most"?

Yeah I spent quite a bit of time in rural SoDak and Montana for some time this summer. Montana had a mask mandate and people seemed to actually follow it - SoDak not so much. That said, I was in Western SD around the time of Sturgis so that might have had some influence.

The CDC estimates that last year only 1 out of 4.6 covid cases were identified https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/burden.html. If you use that number and do the math with Nebraska's case count and add in the number of those who have received at least one round of vaccinations, then you are probably right, that some states are probably starting to see some effects of population immunity. Obviously the 4.6 is just an estimate, and subject to change as new information is received, but it seems to be an explanation to what is happening with the current case counts in some areas.

From my quick search, South Dakota is #2 in the country in per capita number of COVID cases and #8 in the country in per capita deaths.

New Jersey is #1 in COVID deaths per capita. New York is #2.

The governor of NY (COVID death performance: 49 worst out of 50) was given an award and a book deal for his COVID response, though (made millions).

Only an America.

We are both veterans. The VA in Omaha is almost pleading to get vets in to give them vaccines. Appointments are nearly walk in. I am 55 but due to my work, I hang out in jails quite often (they always let me leave though) and so was deemed an essential worker.
Thank you for both you and your father's service. Glad you guys are on your way to being fully vaccinated.

The governor of NY (COVID death performance: 49 worst out of 50) was given an award and a book deal for his COVID response, though (made millions).

Only an America.
Cuomo should be in jail for how he handled Covid. But democrat so laws dont apply to him.

Only an America.

I suppose it’s not worth noting that both places got slammed early in the pandemic before we had a somewhat useful treatment protocol and before we had good data on how it spread.

I suppose it’s not worth noting that both places got slammed early in the pandemic before we had a somewhat useful treatment protocol and before we had good data on how it spread.

You would be 100% correct. Not worth noting.

A novel respiratory disease killing old people left and right (see: Italy) yet, somehow, we leave the hospital ship, Comfort, sitting completely empty in Manhattan.

A ship that was sent for aid in order to free up hospital beds to make room for swelling numbers of COVID patients -- almost completely unused.

Instead, as rooms filled up, room had to be made. Beds were needed. The choice was made to send sick / infected people back into nursing homes over a pissing match -- total hubris -- choosing to refuse aid from the Fed due to personal differences with the POTUS.

Cuomo might be the only man in America with an ego as big as Trump's, And his constituents paid a heavy, heavy price for it. Those folks had to watch as sick / infected people came back through their doors, KNOWING it was going to kill them and KNOWING they couldn't leave.

His approach directly, predictably, led to thousands of deaths. If it wasn't the worst state / governor response out of 50, it's right up there for worst response.

It's starting to come out. And it should.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mack In Motion
You would be 100% correct. Not worth noting.

A novel respiratory disease killing old people left and right (see: Italy) yet, somehow, we leave the hospital ship, Comfort, sitting completely empty in Manhattan.

A ship that was sent for aid in order to free up hospital beds to make room for swelling numbers of COVID patients -- almost completely unused.

Instead, as rooms filled up, room had to be made. Beds were needed. The choice was made to send sick / infected people back into nursing homes over a pissing match -- total hubris -- choosing to refuse aid from the Fed due to personal differences with the POTUS.

Cuomo might be the only man in America with an ego as big as Trump's, And his constituents paid a heavy, heavy price for it. Those folks had to watch as sick / infected people came back through their doors, KNOWING it was going to kill them and KNOWING they couldn't leave.

His approach directly, predictably, led to thousands of deaths. If it wasn't the worst state / governor response out of 50, it's right up there for worst response.

It's starting to come out. And it should.
I’m not really trying to argue politics. In retrospect a lot of decisions were poorly made by both democrats and republicans. And to be honest I don’t see how anyone will be held accountable at all. I’m merely stating those states lead the death rates because they fell on the sword and the rest of the nation benefited from that sacrifice.

The medical professionals that cared for sick patients at the start of all this are absolute heroes.

I would bet as a perecentage of their population IF they did a statewide antibody survey, South Dakota would maybe have the highest percentage of people carrying COVID antibodies of any state in the union. Meanwhile their economy was kept open and kids were kept in school. I would say that maybe that was the smart way to handle this thing. We did the most harm to our youth by shutting down schools and sports. Meanwhile teen suicide rates and drug abuse have skyrocketed nationally while schools have been closed.

South Dakota's hospitals were never overwhelmed. Their schools stayed open. Their businesses stayed open. Hmmm. Seems like that might have been a good plan. They were going to have the large number of nursing home deaths even if they had locked everything down. I've never seen so many obituaries of 80+ year olds in their newspapers. Somehow my 89 year old mother in law traveled to do business and get her hair done in South Dakota weekly, escaped unscathed.

I would encourage anyone getting the vaccine to get a pulse oximeter. They're pretty cheap and you can get them at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. I know 2 people now that after getting the 2nd shot got pretty messed up and ended up in the ICU with oxygen levels under 87%. That's a pretty dangerous level to get down to.

My wife is a RN. We have a pulse oximeter at home. She bought it after Covid broke out. She felt that low oxygen levels would indicate that we had Covid. It always showed us that we had good oxygen levels and normal pulse rates. We never did get it. We were both test twice and each time it was negative. As I have written I have now gotten both shots. I am not paranoid, but I still practice safe distancing. Wear a mask and stay away from other customers at the grocery store. Our ski hill is doing a lot to keep us safe. I get to the locker room really early so there is no one there. They have spaces between the lift lines and they are letting us ride the chair single if we want to. I ride with my good friends who I know are safe, but I will not ride a chair lift with someone I don't know. We have to keep our faces covered in the lift lines and the lift operators have been doing a great job enforcing this rule. We are not hanging out in the lodge. My friends and I gather at the back of one of cars to enjoy a beer afterwards. (All of us have had the shots now) The rest of time I am just with my wife and dog. So far the dog has not complained.

ADVERTISEMENT