ADVERTISEMENT

Got my vaccination today....

Some of that depends on how much antigenic drift takes place during that year. I still get extremely pissed when I hear "scientists" that contend that this virus was a natural occurrence. There is virtually no chance that this was a random mutation occurring in nature that jumped from bats to become so wildly virulent for humans. Virtually none. There's a reason the Chinese stonewalled investigators who wanted to look at that lab. Dirty bastards.

The worst thing we can do going forward once we reach some sort of herd immunity is to continue to wear masks and isolate people. We need to keep this damned thing circulating IMO so that as it mutates the "herd" continually develops immunity to the new strains. Meanwhile I think they'll likely have to continue to develop new vaccines it appears to more closely match new mutations. F'n China.
It's just common sense, but fear is so entrenched that you can't convince people of it. In the end, that fear will likely make the whole thing worse than it ever could have been on its own.

As far as the lab thing, I think it's highly likely that's where it came from. Not that it was something nefarious, probably just a screw up and one of the employees brought it home unknowingly. I'll probably go to my grave believing that the mysterious vaping illness in September of 2019 was actually a strain of this virus. It's no coincidence that it was coming from vape cartridges created in China.

How is @spartanhusker doing?
my mom got her second dose on Monday and started having symptoms on Tuesday low grade fever, no appetite, fatigue, which are common signs and symptoms from the vaccine. Her BP was sky high today 190’s over 100’s. They retook it later and it had come down to 140’s over 80’s which is her norm.

Nebraska supposedly is getting a fairly large shipment of vaccine this week. South Dakota is still waiting for more. For some reason now that Biden is in office red states seem to be having problems getting vaccine. The politicization of this deal continues. Meanwhile folks in Washington state down in group 2 were getting vaccinated a couple of weeks ago. Coincidence? It isn't because of a more efficient process of administration I can guarantee you that.

You’re out of your f-I got mind

How is @spartanhusker doing?
my mom got her second dose on Monday and started having symptoms on Tuesday low grade fever, no appetite, fatigue, which are common signs and symptoms from the vaccine. Her BP was sky high today 190’s over 100’s. They retook it later and it had come down to 140’s over 80’s which is her norm.
Thank you for asking!!!!
My arm is still sore, but beyond that, no real issues...I AM tired a little more than normal, but all in all, good!!!

Thank you for asking!!!!
My arm is still sore, but beyond that, no real issues...I AM tired a little more than normal, but all in all, good!!!

My 93 year old father gets his 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow at the VA.. Hoping he has no other complications from the 2nd shot..

You’re out of your f-I got mind
So you down in northern Arizona are able to better tell what is happening on the ground here as relayed to me by Dr.s and nurses working in the trenches here. My family in Seattle got their vaccine a while back and they aren't 80, in nursing homes or medical professionals.

Reactions: Bugeater
BTW....Maybe I missed it but what is the main supposed diff between the two brands(in dumb language, please!:) )

BTW....Maybe I missed it but what is the main supposed diff between the two brands(in dumb language, please!:) )
Storage temps and Moderna's has a higher antigen level per dose than Pfizer's is what I've been told. I think Pfizer's lower antigen dose requires a higher level of adjuvant (chemical added to enhance the immune response).

Well, we are a year into this and there isn't much evidence that anybody has gotten sick from the virus twice, so it seems pretty obvious that antibodies last for at least a year. It'd be easier to know if people weren't distancing and wearing masks, but we are where we are.

I "officially" had it 3 weeks ago. Unofficially, I think I have had it at least twice, maybe three times.

How bad was it each time?

I had minor symptoms, but the first time I had shallow breathing for two weeks. I remember feeling like I wasn't getting enough oxygen. This last time I had fatigue, pain in my joints, light chills, no fever and dry cough/asthma type symptoms. The worst was gone within 3-4 days. They say that after 4-5 days that the COVID-19 virus likes to go deeper in your lungs. So, people that seem like they're recovering suddenly get worse. The doc gave me an oximeter. Said if it got to 93 to go to the ER. The worst I got was 97 early on. I slept a lot the first 3-4 days. Plus, I lost my sense of smell for 2.5 weeks. Things tasted wonky that first week.

I had minor symptoms, but the first time I had shallow breathing for two weeks. I remember feeling like I wasn't getting enough oxygen. This last time I had fatigue, pain in my joints, light chills, no fever and dry cough/asthma type symptoms. The worst was gone within 3-4 days. They say that after 4-5 days that the COVID-19 virus likes to go deeper in your lungs. So, people that seem like they're recovering suddenly get worse. The doc gave me an oximeter. Said if it got to 93 to go to the ER. The worst I got was 97 early on. I slept a lot the first 3-4 days. Plus, I lost my sense of smell for 2.5 weeks. Things tasted wonky that first week.
Are you sure that each time it was covid?

Reactions: scarletred
Had my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday afternoon. 4 hours later, slight fever, arm hurt, no big deal. Woke up at midnight with the worst chills I've ever had (teeth literally chattering) despite multiple blankets and 13 pound cat trying to keep me warm. Alternated 1 hour chills, 1 hour hot, 1 hour chills. Horrible headache the entire time. Discovered that there isn't a lot of great tv on in the early hours. Finally got some sleep. Today totally exhausted, migraine like headache, fever.

Yikes! Thought I might have some side effects but didn't think it would be this bad. Yes, I broke down and took tylenol to help.

Had my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday afternoon. 4 hours later, slight fever, arm hurt, no big deal. Woke up at midnight with the worst chills I've ever had (teeth literally chattering) despite multiple blankets and 13 pound cat trying to keep me warm. Alternated 1 hour chills, 1 hour hot, 1 hour chills. Horrible headache the entire time. Discovered that there isn't a lot of great tv on in the early hours. Finally got some sleep. Today totally exhausted, migraine like headache, fever.

Yikes! Thought I might have some side effects but didn't think it would be this bad. Yes, I broke down and took tylenol to help.

Sounds like some of my co-workers who didn't have power, then did, then didn't

Just wait until you get your 3rd one

Obviously the reaction varies from person to person. I know of a number of people who have been vaccinated now, some with Pfizer and some with Moderna, None of the people I know had much more than a minor sore arm so I think you just happened to be one of those unfortunate few.

And yes, it's looking like there may be booster shots down the road to cover that South African variant and potentially others that develop but that's not at all clear yet. The UK variant seems to be well handled by existing Pfizer and Moderna.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
I got second Pfizer today at 3. Took ibuprofen 2 hours before. So far nothing of note. Glad to be done though. Wish my wife could get it, but she has no DD214.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
I would encourage anyone getting the vaccine to get a pulse oximeter. They're pretty cheap and you can get them at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. I know 2 people now that after getting the 2nd shot got pretty messed up and ended up in the ICU with oxygen levels under 87%. That's a pretty dangerous level to get down to.

I got second Pfizer today at 3. Took ibuprofen 2 hours before. So far nothing of note. Glad to be done though. Wish my wife could get it, but she has no DD214.
Got my first Moderna Wednesday. Sore arm on Thursday but that I think was mainly because I sat on my ass for 7 hours driving around ranch country looking at bulls. Nothing an Alleve couldn't handle. My wife found a loophole in WalMart's vaccination sign up and got me an appointment. They grilled me because I was under 65 but technically I'm a "frontline public health worker" with comorbidities. WalMart had dozens of open appointments and was calling in people under the age of 70 to get vaccinated to avoid throwing out vaccine.

My wife is a RN, pregnant and said she won't be getting the vaccine.
I just read a release from the CDC yesterday saying that pregnant women have a much higher risk of becoming clinically ill from COVID than non-pregnant women of similar age. I don't know what I would do if I was in her shoes. I guess I would talk to my OB-GYN to see what they recommend. In theory there should not be any risk to a baby but I would trust my Dr. on that one and not read social media about it.

The good news is that the public level of infections have dropped to the point where her risk of contacting the virus is getting less by the day. Wild virus Corona virus can cause abortions in some animal species.

Reactions: HuskerO
Remind her of her vows. 😛
She's aware. The good news is that she's a good drinking buddy and you never know what might happen after a couple of glasses of wine.Winking I shouldn't whine. She's a tremendous mother, grandmother, extremely smart, still attractive and puts up with this old fart. I probably don't deserve her.

I received my first Pfizer dose this past Wednesday. I had a sore arm but that went away in about a day.

Interesting points regarding whether to vax or not to vax!

Food for thought....

Here are 12 important questions and answers before considering getting vaccinated:

●"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?"

Goverment: "NO"

●"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal?

Government: "NO"

●"If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?"

Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."

●"If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?"

Government: "NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."

●"If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?"

Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."

● "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?"

● "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?"

● "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?"

Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."

●"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?"

●"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?"

Government: "To protect others."

●"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?"

● "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?"

Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"

So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...
Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking

If after reading this you still decide to get the "vaccine"...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Feel free to copy, paste and share...

Reactions: drubendall
Interesting points regarding whether to vax or not to vax!

Food for thought....

Here are 12 important questions and answers before considering getting vaccinated:

●"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?"

Goverment: "NO"

●"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal?

●"If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?"

Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."

●"If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?"

Government: "NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."

●"If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?"

Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."

● "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?"

● "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?"

● "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?"

Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."

●"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?"

●"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?"

Government: "To protect others."

●"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?"

● "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?"

Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"

So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...
Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking

If after reading this you still decide to get the "vaccine"...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Feel free to copy, paste and share...

That's inaccurate and biased. We all know what you are getting at. Maybe you should look up what a vaccine is.

ADVERTISEMENT