ADVERTISEMENT

Got my vaccination today....

Must be nice. Douglas county keeps adding groups to 1b so those of us with medical conditions or valid reasons to get it get pushed down the list
to be fair, N’s 14 day average = ~7 deaths.
ks knocked out 205 on feb 5th alone.
ok is avging ~40/day.

Lucky! My wife has hers. She won’t let us go on any fun trips until I get mine. Hopefully soon!

Interesting to me... never felt the shot... been pain free most of today but a tiny bit queasy right now... probably power of suggestion 🤭😂

Must be nice. Douglas county keeps adding groups to 1b so those of us with medical conditions or valid reasons to get it get pushed down the list
Nebraska supposedly is getting a fairly large shipment of vaccine this week. South Dakota is still waiting for more. For some reason now that Biden is in office red states seem to be having problems getting vaccine. The politicization of this deal continues. Meanwhile folks in Washington state down in group 2 were getting vaccinated a couple of weeks ago. Coincidence? It isn't because of a more efficient process of administration I can guarantee you that.

Reactions: Bart Man and WHCSC
Nebraska supposedly is getting a fairly large shipment of vaccine this week. South Dakota is still waiting for more. For some reason now that Biden is in office red states seem to be having problems getting vaccine. The politicization of this deal continues. Meanwhile folks in Washington state down in group 2 were getting vaccinated a couple of weeks ago. Coincidence? It isn't because of a more efficient process of administration I can guarantee you that.
Personally I doubt Biden has had any impact one way or the other. But vaccination is ramping up I believe just because the state/local governments are getting kinks worked out in the vaccination process.

By the end of June, I predict we'll actually be awash in vaccine doses. Lot's of doses with manufacturers were contracted last summer by Operation Warp Speed and if you add them up there will be more than the actual people who will want to get vaccinated. Remember it doesn't apply (currently at least) to kids under 16/18 years of age and there are like 30% (maybe more) of adult anti vaxxers who will refuse the vaccine.

Personally I doubt Biden has had any impact one way or the other. But vaccination is ramping up I believe just because the state/local governments are getting kinks worked out in the vaccination process.

By the end of June, I predict we'll actually be awash in vaccine doses. Lot's of doses with manufacturers were contracted last summer by Operation Warp Speed and if you add them up there will be more than the actual people who will want to get vaccinated. Remember it doesn't apply (currently at least) to kids under 16/18 years of age and there are like 30% (maybe more) of adult anti vaxxers who will refuse the vaccine.
I know for a fact that South Dakota burned through their allotment and are waiting for more. They've been done with tier 1 for at least a week from what my spouse has learned. Most of tier 1 up there has already had their boosters.

blue states seem to be having problems too.

That’s another fun one. SMOKERS are prioritized higher.
Each state is allocated vaccine based on total population. Although the CDC has suggested guidelines for who should be prioritized, ultimately each state actually decides for itself. There's no special priority for smokers in my state as far as I know..

I'd be suspicious of any product that comes from a company named Johnson and Johnson of making me gay.

source.gif

@spartanhusker which vaccine did you get? I got my first dose of the Moderna this past Saturday. I also didn't feel the needle, although I had some soreness in the arm they put the shot in on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. No other side effects. Still not feeling the urge to head over to Brokeback mountain even though the Iranians indicate that is also a side effect.

You laugh but there actually is an Ayatollah in Iran with a following in the hundreds of thousands who is preaching to his followers to STAY AWAY FROM ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN VACCINATED with Western Covid vaccines because that vaccine turns people gay and they very well could sexually attack others that come near them. No kidding. It takes anti vaxxing to a brand new level.

My response to that would be that's why they require two shots. The first shot turns you and then the second shot is to reverse your polarity back to normal. Ha!

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
You laugh but there actually is an Ayatollah in Iran with a following in the hundreds of thousands who is preaching to his followers to STAY AWAY FROM ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN VACCINATED with Western Covid vaccines because that vaccine turns people gay and they very well could sexually attack others that come near them. No kidding. It takes anti vaxxing to a brand new level.

My response to that would be that's why they require two shots. The first shot turns you and then the second shot is to reverse your polarity back to normal. Ha!
His scientific advisor:
bert_n_bin.jpg

@spartanhusker which vaccine did you get? I got my first dose of the Moderna this past Saturday. I also didn't feel the needle, although I had some soreness in the arm they put the shot in on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. No other side effects. Still not feeling the urge to head over to Brokeback mountain even though the Iranians indicate that is also a side effect.
Moderna also... my left arm NOW is sore, but nothing else.... strange new world, no?

Doesn’t surprise me. They also probably have an active Twitter account.

blue states seem to be having problems too.
Some blue states are struggling to administer doses without wasting multiple doses like New York was doing. Most of the blue states' biggest problem is getting the job done and not a shortage of vaccine.

Got my second dose last night. No issues. A little soreness in shoulder today, not much though. Flu shot last fall was much worse. Vaccine hit my wife hard today, however. She said she felt like she got hit by a bus. Ran a fever of about 100 most of the day. Went down a little while ago. One week and I am immmmuuuuuunnnne! well 95% sure of that anyway. my parents in their mid 80s had their second dose 10 days ago. They had zero side effects. They already have three trips planned for this spring. They are very pleased. I hope all the seniors who have been cooped up for a year get theirs soon.

By the way, We are all only safe once 70% or whatever get vaccinated. All you selfish bastards who won’t get vaccinated (pregnant women and those with cancer or certain other conditions/allergies excepted) are putting the five percent the vaccine doesn’t protect at risk. That could be your own family member. Think of that when your chance comes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT