ADVERTISEMENT

Gosh I hope we get this kid

The first two throws I saw him make when he visited here made it clear he was elite.
Then watched more and the drool was starting to puddle.

I agree with the close to 0% chance we land him.

It’s been 25 minutes and no “you think he’s better than what we’ve got” ??

Reactions: TheBeav815
He is going to visit Oklahoma tomorrow. He isn't going to Nebraska. Will be a miracle if he even steps a foot on campus ever again. This is why this pass happy bull shit being ran at Nebraska is dumb. It takes a player like this kid for that stuff to work. A QB like him has never come to nebraska no matter the schemes.

Reactions: ATX Husker
He is going to visit Oklahoma tomorrow. He isn't going to Nebraska. Will be a miracle if he even steps a foot on campus ever again. This is why this pass happy bull shit being ran at Nebraska is dumb. It takes a player like this kid for that stuff to work. A QB like him has never come to nebraska no matter the schemes.
So what you’re saying is he might not go to Nebraska?

• Haha
Reactions: yunginsNU2
So what you're saying is that we should play defense and run the ball?

So, if frosts offense would be run to perfection by this kid, wouldn’t that be enticing to him?

This will be an NIL bidding war. Kids going to make millions to sign somewhere.

or not.

Cool.

Who are the option QBs that would be must gets at the top of your list? The triple option QBs must be an easy list to recruit since it is a massively run offense even in the high school ranks these days. Nobody runs that uptempo BS while tossing the football around a bit.

If I heard correctly on the radio, Lincoln Riley told his entire staff, Raiola is not to leave campus without getting a commitment from him first.

As you already know we have Rattler

This is Rattler's back up this year

And this is the kid already committed coming behind him.

As you can see Lincoln likes to take a 5star every other year and then grab a 4 star and/or a transfer for depth on the off year. It makes the 5star feel like he's guaranteed his time at QB I guess? He might be going after him but it would be breaking his pattern. Unless he thinks Malachi will be gone after one year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I had never seen him throw before, but you can tell on the very first throw here, the kid has an NFL arm.

I posted in the other thread, he had 2 TDs and an 2 interception (1 a 99 yard pick 6) while running for his life… Aledo won 52-14

If I heard correctly on the radio, Lincoln Riley told his entire staff, Raiola is not to leave campus without getting a commitment from him first.

He has a Georgia offer and apparently loves Clemson. Plus his dad is a Husker through and through. Would be shocking if he committed to Oklahoma this early in the process.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
Oh there’s a chance we get him. If he has a catastrophic injury his junior year and everyone else pulls their offer we would still honor ours. That’s Frost’s MO.

• Wow
Reactions: Lincoln100
So, using QB's that never played at Nebraska is used as an argument for QB's that played at Nebraska historically. lol. The run the ball haters sure bring the lols.

So, using QB's that never played at Nebraska is used as an argument for QB's that played at Nebraska historically. lol. The run the ball haters sure bring the lols.
Now you don’t even make sense. I don’t even know what this incoherent statement is supposed to say or who you are replying to.

Reactions: WHCSC
Normally, I would say that we would have a 5% chance-- his Dad loves NU, maybe he develops a strong connection with the staff, maybe he wants to carve out his own legacy at a struggling program. But that's obviously a long shot. Bottom line, a kid with that many options is not considering a program that has a coach on the hot seat. And there's no evidence that this staff is currently recruiting all that hard anyway. There's not a coaching staff in the country that's going to bust its ass on the recruiting trail for 2024 when they are worried about still having a job in December.

Maybe he’ll love whoever is the head coach here 2023

Sadly, simply winning a few games is not going to solve this problem for QBs wanting to come. There is coaching to be prepared for the NFL, a bevy of WRs to throw to and a team already playing for spots in the playoffs. Where would you want to go?

Sadly, simply winning a few games is not going to solve this problem for QBs wanting to come. There is coaching to be prepared for the NFL, a bevy of WRs to throw to and a team already playing for spots in the playoffs. Where would you want to go?
And don’t forget a competent OL

We've got the WRs.... The biggest thing is a QB wants to play. He won't get to the NFL if he can't get on the field. There's no QB on our roster who scares any talented high school QB. We've got early playing time to sell and Adrian has put up some big numbers for kids to see in our offense. Winning a few games would at least give a recruit some hope that we can be better going forward and that Frost will still be the coach.

Reactions: ATX Husker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT