ADVERTISEMENT

Gophers up the ante for Fleck

No question about that. My post was just informative..I have family in the Minneapolis area, thou they find him quirky he still wins games that we would be doing cartwheels over the past 6 years..
I agree with your relatives. From what little I know about him he definitely seems quirky.

All’s I know their 8-4. Right?
Beat Colorado - which they sucked..Better damn beat them in Boulder Next year.
Beat Michigan St without any effort.
Beat Wisconsin for the second year in a row and won the Axe.

I’d admit they have a favorable schedule but give me 8-4 next year under MR and that would be over the top..

Last edited:
You haven’t proved anything headcard. You and thall are obsessed with numbers and statistics and think they “prove” everything.
Why don’t you tell the rest of the story behind these numbers? I am assuming the won loss records you have listed are accurate.
What happened to Glen Mason after his last 65 games at Minnesota? He got his ass fired. In his last game as coach, he lost to Texas Tech at the Insight Bowl after leading 38-7 in the third quarter. The defense was a major problem throughout his time at Minnesota, and despite changing DCs several times, the problem was never fixed. Despite having his contract extended just the year before, the AD and the fan base lost faith in Mason and he was fired.
What happened to Kill/Claeys after the last 65 games? Claeys got his ass fired. Recruiting was in the toilet and Claeys had the temerity to stand up for his players against the school administration over an unsubstantiated sexual assault allegation. The players voted to boycott the bowl game, but. Claeys convinced them to play. What resulted was multiple transfers after the bowl game and a divided locker room when Fleck was hired. The program was a mess despite the 9-4 record in 2016.
What happened to Fleck after his last 65 games? He received a new 7 year contract because there is hope in the athletic dept and in the fan base. He is a douche and a used car salesman, but there is no doubt he is a good football coach.
Bottom line, both Mason and Claeys got their asses fired after their last 65 games and Fleck received a raise and contract extension.
Numbers and statistics never tell the whole story.
that's alright. you dont need to come on a husker board and apologize for your semisuccessful pathetic program results. we are not trying to take your place in line.

Reactions: headcard
You haven’t proved anything headcard. You and thall are obsessed with numbers and statistics and think they “prove” everything.
Why don’t you tell the rest of the story behind these numbers? I am assuming the won loss records you have listed are accurate.
What happened to Glen Mason after his last 65 games at Minnesota? He got his ass fired. In his last game as coach, he lost to Texas Tech at the Insight Bowl after leading 38-7 in the third quarter. The defense was a major problem throughout his time at Minnesota, and despite changing DCs several times, the problem was never fixed. Despite having his contract extended just the year before, the AD and the fan base lost faith in Mason and he was fired.
What happened to Kill/Claeys after the last 65 games? Claeys got his ass fired. Recruiting was in the toilet and Claeys had the temerity to stand up for his players against the school administration over an unsubstantiated sexual assault allegation. The players voted to boycott the bowl game, but. Claeys convinced them to play. What resulted was multiple transfers after the bowl game and a divided locker room when Fleck was hired. The program was a mess despite the 9-4 record in 2016.
What happened to Fleck after his last 65 games? He received a new 7 year contract because there is hope in the athletic dept and in the fan base. He is a douche and a used car salesman, but there is no doubt he is a good football coach.
Bottom line, both Mason and Claeys got their asses fired after their last 65 games and Fleck received a raise and contract extension.
FWIW, I respected Kill and might have said the same about Claeys but I just didn't know that much about him.

I respect Fleck for doing what he is expected to do, and fielding competent teams, but I do think his actions are a little on the douchey side.

FWIW, I respected Kill and might have said the same about Claeys but I just didn't know that much about him.

I respect Fleck for doing what he is expected to do, and fielding competent teams, but I do think his actions are a little on the douchey side.

And WWII was a little conflict.

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2
First off go **** yourself.

Second take a look.

Third go **** yourself, you dumbass ****ing piece of shit.

Also go **** your self and your cross dressing bitch ass clown of a coach.
Headcard - the class of the Nebraska board, LOL!

I 100% deny it and have proven it time and again. He has done exactly what the other Minnesota coaches before him have done, he just tells you he is special over and over and you buy it. He is not. He is simply a self-obsessed used car salesman.

And let's not forget that this year, he had the easiest schedule on earth, with a roster full of 6th-year players, including one of the best backs in CFB and doesn’t even win the division in its most down year ever. After everyone picked them to win it. Just so elite.
I never said he was elite. I said he is a good coach. Not everyone can be Nick Saban or Jim Harbaugh. Bad coaches don't last, good ones do. See Scott Frost, Willie Taggert, Charlie Weis, Dan Hawkins etc.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
So if he pulls a Mason and goes to a bowl game next year leads any team 38-7 in the 3rd qtr only to get beat and then gets fired after his raise it will be the same as headcard said right?? Got it..lmao thanks for proving his point! Next

Minny fans are fake happy about this just like they are fake happy with the season they just had.

The only good new is that the worst 6 year starting QB in the history of college is gone.

Sadly for them, PJ won't be able to try and murder that RB each game by making him touch the ball 45 times.

PJ’s press conference after the extension reminded everyone that they’ve accomplished things at minnesota that haven’t happen in over 100 years. Of course, he didn’t say what they were, but we all should be impressed and recognize how grateful minnesota should be that he has chosen to stay.

Headcard - the class of the Nebraska board, LOL!

giphy.gif

Reactions: timnsun
PJ’s press conference after the extension reminded everyone that they’ve accomplished things at minnesota that haven’t happen in over 100 years. Of course, he didn’t say what they were, but we all should be impressed and recognize how grateful minnesota should be that he has chosen to stay.
I think he is brilliant. I mean that.

First, he invented "year 0" so that your first year at a new school doesn't count.
Then he created this idea that they have accomplished so much while losing to BGSU at home in the biggest point spread loss in the last 50 years in all of CFB.

H tricked the fans into believing that he walked into a shit show even though his record is the same.

He knows how to sell.

I mean... could you imagine telling your boss that your first year of work "didn't count" and then when your boss showed your production was the same as the guy before you, that they fired...you then manage to convince your boss that your numbers, even though the same, are actually better!

I mean... could you imagine telling your boss that your first year of work "didn't count" and then when your boss showed your production was the same as the guy before you, that they fired...you then manage to convince your boss that your numbers, even though the same, are actually better!
Since his first year didn't count, perhaps that helped boost his numbers, 😂😂😂😂😂.

Based on this thread, a reasonable metric would be, by year 3-4 we are consistently the superior, more accomplished team than Minnesota under Fleck

In addition based on the overall temperature of the board we should outperform Iowa under Ferentz and wisconsin under their various coaches including Fickell

Last edited:
Reactions: moralvictories
So if he pulls a Mason and goes to a bowl game next year leads any team 38-7 in the 3rd qtr only to get beat and then gets fired after his raise it will be the same as headcard said right?? Got it..lmao thanks for proving his point! Next
Your reading comprehension and understanding are not very good. The point of my response was that after the last 65 games, Glen Mason got his ass fired and Fleck received a raise and contract extension.
Headcard has posted several times that the won loss records of Glen Mason, Kill/Claeys and Fleck were almost identical and I simply stated that is not the whole story.
Also, your post has a lot of “ifs” in it. IF Fleck makes a bowl game next year, IF his team fails to hold a 38-7 third quarter lead, and IF he gets fired, it will be the same as headcard said. I hope you understand how your post makes no sense. The discussion had nothing to do with what may or may not happen next year.
Got it?

Your reading comprehension and understanding are not very good. The point of my response was that after the last 65 games, Glen Mason got his ass fired and Fleck received a raise and contract extension.
Headcard has posted several times that the won loss records of Glen Mason, Kill/Claeys and Fleck were almost identical and I simply stated that is not the whole story.
Also, your post has a lot of “ifs” in it. IF Fleck makes a bowl game next year, IF his team fails to hold a 38-7 third quarter lead, and IF he gets fired, it will be the same as headcard said. I hope you understand how your post makes no sense. The discussion had nothing to do with what may or may not happen next year.
Got it?
Bro...you joined the cult! PJ got you!

You can't think blowing a huge lead in a bowl game is WORSE than losing to at home to the biggest point spread dog in vegas history...

Or did PJ tell you that BGSU is super good?

You can't think blowing a huge lead in a bowl game is WORSE than losing to at home to the biggest point spread dog in vegas history...

What the hell are you talking about?

Surely you can see that Bowling Green was elite last year…

You do realize that Minnesota went 8-4 in their championship games this year, don’t you? Each week they were in the championship game at 0-0 and won 8 of them. That’s impressive!

Living here in the Twin Cities was comical whenever PJ would talk about their next game being 0-0 for the championship.

I mean, you literally know their entire history...I feel like my leap to thinking you were a Minny fan is not that crazy.
Hell I know plenty about Gopher history that doesn’t mean I’m a gopher fan.
My father was born in Minnesota, but I’m a football history buff..

Always have pointed out their national titles were all in the leather helmet years and the 1960 so called title they lost to Washington in the Rose bowl and no 2two platoon football till 1964..

Reactions: Minn1954
Hell I know plenty about Gopher history that doesn’t mean I’m a gopher fan.
My father was born in Minnesota, but I’m a football history buff..

Always have pointed out their national titles were all in the leather helmet years and the 1960 so called title they lost to Washington in the Rose bowl and no 2two platoon football till 1964..
Sure...but you are not defending them...on a Husker board...to Husker fans.

ADVERTISEMENT