ADVERTISEMENT

gooooooo....... Nebrasketball on B1G right now.

Wouldn't get to cocky just yet. The Huskers are letting the Coyotes hang around. We saw what happened when they did that with Nevada.
The first half was the worst half of basketball this team has played this year and they went into the half up 7. I was never worried. We have Ballers this year up and down the roster.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Losing 2 of our bigs really hurts for conference play. That KILLED us against Nevada. We need Walker for the B1G .
I think we are really going to be kicking ourselves we didn't have Walker the whole year if we are on the outside looking in come March. Hard to tell if Andre will be much of a factor. He had some good offers, but his highlight tape didn't show much other than him dunking.

Will be so sweet to kick the crap out of Craytin this year. SD is vastly superior to UNO.
Creighton didn't look like a top 10 team against NDSU. Omaha is bad this year, which is a bummer because Derrin Hansen is one of the best guys in college basketball.

Reactions: scarletred
I think we are really going to be kicking ourselves we didn't have Walker the whole year if we are on the outside looking in come March. Hard to tell if Andre will be much of a factor. He had some good offers, but his highlight tape didn't show much other than him dunking.
Here is the way I see this. So the Big 10 has good BIG play... who is going to have to cover Mayen which is a wash. I will tell you this much, as a coach you don't want to play Nebraska. We have scoring options all the way down to the 7 spot. Give me Banton all day every day over the traditional Big you keep worrying about. Banton is a huge advantage for us!

Reactions: TheNewNU
Do you even need to guard banton on the perimeter? The 3s I have seen him shoot haven't been close at all.

Do you even need to guard banton on the perimeter? The 3s I have seen him shoot haven't been close at all.
He can drop some... he made 3 in a row against NDSU or Nevada (Not sure which one, but I know he went on a run against one of them). He can get hot

Reactions: dinglefritz
Andre will give us some solid minutes. Need him to be a present under the hoop. Block a few shots , clean the boards.

He can drop some... he made 3 in a row against NDSU or Nevada (Not sure which one, but I know he went on a run against one of them). He can get hot

Good to hear, I've watched basically half of all three games.

Mayan hit his first three 3 pointers in game one. Hasnt dont much for 3s after that. He is still damn good. Allen is extremely good just gotta keep the attitude in check. He may have one of the most awkward looking 3 pt jump shots ever but they go in. Thir had a really good first game as well.

Tonights 1st half was crazy sloppy. But USD had a great gameplan and worked it to perfection in the first half. Knew NU would try driving the lane and they stood their ground for several charging calls in their favor. Glad we have a real coach that makes adjustments and wins the game.

I actually enjoyed the game. It was fun watching a Husker team play relatively good ball and be entertaining. It was very relaxing to watch. Just the opposite of my fall Saturdays. (I only watched the 2nd half)
They play hard and play the way Hoiberg wants them to. I know some don’t like the style (quick shots, lots of threes), but they are playing how he wants them to. Our lack of size and depth will probably hurt us in the conference, but I like this team.

Last night was the first Nebrasketball game I watched so far. Saw we lost to Nevada. So did Nevada appear to be good? Alford is a dickface but has taken plenty of teams to the Dance. And Mussellman was a hit name last year before he took the Ark job. Nevada went to the dance 3/4 years. So did Nevada look solid?

Last night was the first Nebrasketball game I watched so far. Saw we lost to Nevada. So did Nevada appear to be good? Alford is a dickface but has taken plenty of teams to the Dance. And Mussellman was a hit name last year before he took the Ark job. Nevada went to the dance 3/4 years. So did Nevada look solid?

Broke a school record shooting 41 3’s but it was a cold shooting night..

Had a 10 lead around the 9 minute mark and went on a 6 or 7 minutes with our making a FG..

Nevada hit a 3 pointer with less than 8 or so and Nebraska missed on their last 3 point try at the buzzer..

They play hard and play the way Hoiberg wants them to. I know some don’t like the style (quick shots, lots of threes), but they are playing how he wants them to. Our lack of size and depth will probably hurt us in the conference, but I like this team.

One difference so far this year is that we have more scoring options. Last year it was basically Cam Mack, with the hope that Cheatham or 1 other guy could get hot and contribute. Opponents could let Mack get his, and it was <50% chance that 1-2 other guys could score. This year, at least through 4 games, we probably have 4-5 guys who can be the top scorer in any game. That gives Hoiberg more options to feed the hot scorer(s).

I still say we will struggle with rebounding all year, but hopefully the length from this team will create more turnovers to be able to compensate.

Also, we are at 68% FT shooting for the year, which is an improvement from last year at 60%. We are also averaging 7 more FTs per game so far compared to last year. Equates to 6 more points per game from the FT line. We actually have a slightly better FT percentage than our opponents, which is surprising.

We should have beat the piss out of Nevada, but were cold as hell. Just couldn't get the rock in the hoop that night. Oh well. We look much better than previous years. Probably still at least a year away, but I like what I see. Have some legit scorers.

We should have beat the piss out of Nevada, but were cold as hell. Just couldn't get the rock in the hoop that night. Oh well. We look much better than previous years. Probably still at least a year away, but I like what I see. Have some legit scorers.
The team didn't seem to have their legs against Nevada. I"m thinking back to back and covid affecting conditioning was probably a factor. They played well and got the shots they wanted, just couldnt get them to drop.

Nevada's big man is a really good player. He gave us fits on the boards and shut us down when we tried to drive. He alone pretty much forced us in to a perimeter game.

The team didn't seem to have their legs against Nevada. I"m thinking back to back and covid affecting conditioning was probably a factor. They played well and got the shots they wanted, just couldnt get them to drop.
I said to my family watching that McNeese game, "why is Fred playing those guys so many minutes. They've got another game tomorrow?". I was saying the same thing about tired legs against Nevada. We had guys coming up short on layups and jump shots.

Reactions: dochay
For all of you that don't really follow basketball, and don't understand the difference between this team and other ones. This team is different because they have 4 different players that can take over a game.

Teddy Allen - Obviously you all know he can, because he is leading our team in points. What makes him different than Petteway who he continues to get compared too is. Allen is much more consistent, and can do the same thing against whoever he wants. He makes the tough shots just as easy as the easy ones. If he goes cold there is multiple others to pick up the slack

Dalano Banton - He could be averaging 20 pts a game if he wants. He is honestly the glue! If there was one player that could hurt us if we lose them it would be Banton. He is the battery in the clock. His only weakness is his 3 point shot, and I think he has a chance to get better at that. His vision is better than Mack's and the dude is 6'9

Trey McGowens - (This is where this team is better than any Nebraska basketball team in the 2000's) Trey would be Terran Petteway if we didn't have Allen and Banton. He can take the lead if the other two are in trouble and the drop off isn't terrible. He is also the best defender I have seen in quite a while.

Lat Mayen - It been a while since we had a deep threat, but what makes him a game changer is he is doing it at 6'9. He is versatile and will have multiple 20+ point games if he gets open looks. He has a similar game to Copeland and he is 4th on this team as a scoring threat. Copeland is a better rebounder and getting to the hoop, but Mayen is better at the 3 and better handles.

Then there is also Webster and Stevenson.

Webster - He would be a starter on every Nebraska basketball team in the 2000's minus 2018, and he is our 6th man. Let that sink in for a second. He can also create his own shot

Stevenson - He may not be our biggest offensive threat, but he brings a shitload to the table. Versital defender that can guard a 1-5 if needed. He also has a great knack at getting to the rim for easy points.

Thor and Yvan were key players for our team last year, and they are role players this year. That is a very strong 8 man rotation, and although we may only finish around .500 this year, does not mean it isn't the best team we have put on the court in a long LONG time.

ADVERTISEMENT