ADVERTISEMENT

Goodness Nash Hutmacher

mgbreis

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 16, 2004
I just read Sipple stating he's had 67 consecutive pins in South Dakota. Now, I don't know a damn thing about rasslin', but that sounds impressive to me. So I head over to youtube and look him up, and I find a video of him tangling with another big eater from Ohio last summer. It wasn't a pin, but it's kind of entertaining. Again, I know nothing, but starting at about 8:00 he starts chipping away at him, plants him repeatedly, and at 14:20 pretty much removes the other young man's will to live! Looks like a nose guard to me.

I just read Sipple stating he's had 67 consecutive pins in South Dakota. Now, I don't know a damn thing about rasslin', but that sounds impressive to me. So I head over to youtube and look him up, and I find a video of him tangling with another big eater from Ohio last summer. It wasn't a pin, but it's kind of entertaining. Again, I know nothing, but starting at about 8:00 he starts chipping away at him, plants him repeatedly, and at 14:20 pretty much removes the other young man's will to live! Looks like a nose guard to me.

Holy Shite! I like the Polar Bear, 5 star NG/DT IMHO!

I just hope he can regularly pin little old qbs.

Some crappy officiating but it has been years since my kids wrestled..... Nash is down 2 to 0 and throws him down at the 1:40 mark and opponents coach tosses in to review and he goes from being up 4 to 2 to now being down 3 to 0?? Then he has a take down at the 4:31 mark and gets no points, ref stops the match to stand them up and Nash kinda questions him on where is the 2 points and he shakes his head and acts like he is apologizing for not giving him the points.

Some crappy officiating but it has been years since my kids wrestled..... Nash is down 2 to 0 and throws him down at the 1:40 mark and opponents coach tosses in to review and he goes from being up 4 to 2 to now being down 3 to 0?? Then he has a take down at the 4:31 mark and gets no points, ref stops the match to stand them up and Nash kinda questions him on where is the 2 points and he shakes his head and acts like he is apologizing for not giving him the points.
Folk style vs. Free style vs. Greco-Roman - different rules and scoring.

I watched him win a SD state title last year. Nash simply overpowers his competition. Did not notice much technique but he doesn't need it against his current competition. Power is his game and he has plenty of that. I do believe he could compete very well at the college level and with some good coaching, could contest for national wrestling titles.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBeav815
#1 ranked heavyweight in the nation. Benches 420. Squats and deadlifts over 600lbs in HS.

Dang, totally underrated! wow

I was thinking same thing, Nash took some risks trying to body slam and the other guy gets cheap points. Must have been an Ohio ref.

What i liked best about it is the other kid looked bigger from the waste down... but Nash has conditioning.. by the end of the match the kid went down 10 pts or so to winning by 10 pts.. He just wore him down and then used his quickness and power to finish him.. THAT will translate to football as well.. glad to have him for sure!

I do NOT normally blow smoke about recruits, but I've been tooting my horn on this kid since last fall. IMO, he's going to be a stud. He has the work ethic to make himself something special

That's what I thought too, but Greco-Roman gets weird sometimes. I did think he got robbed on the takedown.

Reactions: superman787
That kind of endurance and physical strength will wear some opponents out. Cant wait to see the 21 yo version of him.

I like the highlights where he senses the other competitor is off balance and he pile drives his opponent into the ground. That is directly relatable to football. Pile drive that blocker back into the QB. Collapse that pocket! Stuff the blocker into the RB as he gets the ball! I love those types of plays. Those are plays where they don't necessarily make the tackle but they were the ones that made the play. It's a play destroyer. Like a tip to a teammate for an interception. High five!

Big Red Wrapup called Nash for their recruiting special. They asked Nash how wrestling season was going. He said he had pinned every opponent in the 1st round except one (3rd round pin), and seemed a little bummed about the one. Wish they had asked him how Verduzco was shooting pheasants. :D

Reactions: dinglefritz

The wrestling feats are all great. If im being honest about it though i dont get too excited about it. I wanna see how good of an DL\OL he is. I know how we fans get about stuff like that though.

I remember how we acted when we seen the picture of Marvin Scott. Also how we were when Frost mentioned A Brown was the fastest dude on campus. All great to hear no doubt.

But it will mean much more to me when i see all 3 of those guys making plays on the football field.

But i get it. Right now it is THAT time of the year. So GBR!

Holla

The wrestling feats are all great. If im being honest about it though i dont get too excited about it. I wanna see how good of an DL\OL he is. I know how we fans get about stuff like that though.

I remember how we acted when we seen the picture of Marvin Scott. Also how we were when Frost mentioned A Brown was the fastest dude on campus. All great to hear no doubt.

But it will mean much more to me when i see all 3 of those guys making plays on the football field.

But i get it. Right now it is THAT time of the year. So GBR!

Holla

I think it's encourage to see a big guy , with low body fat for a big guy, athletic and quick. This doesn't really show his speed and football explosiveness, but I'm encouraged no doubt.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I think it's encourage to see a big guy , with low body fat for a big guy, athletic and quick. This doesn't really show his speed and football explosiveness, but I'm encouraged no doubt.

Agreed, and he will understand leverage. I'm not saying the guy is going to come in and be an All-American right away, but that is a large man, who is already very strong. I think he could be a good one. Matt Millen will cream his pants with him being a stud wrestler.

That position specifically in a 3-4 is 100% about leverage, strength and not being moved. Filling the gap and occupying 2 guys.

His height works against him but virtually everything else will be an asset. He may need to pack on some more weight (340 range) to lock it down.

Dont get me wrong taller guys can play the nose but ted washington was pretty special(and a BIG boy).

Dumb question but why is he playing football and not wrestling in college
IF I remember correctly, I think he enjoys the violence of football more than wrestling. He'll be trying to prevent beautiful 19 year old college girls from getting a take down this fall when he's on the football team.

He has to pick and at this point, it's about time invested vs. possible reward. To become an elite wrestler is definitely comparable to the time investment needed for FB. An elite wrestler can wrestle at the Olympic level. Happens every four years. Some money bags former wrestlers have a deal where elite wrestlers can get 6 figure bonuses. But at the end of the day, they need to figure out how to put food on the family. Football? Elite players get paid millions per year and even the less elite can make a decent living. Nash could conceivably work back into the wrestling thing if paying football doesn't work out.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
Man I would go the wrestling route and avoid brain damage.. He could even go the WWE route for cash

He's just toyin with this guy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT