ADVERTISEMENT

Good story in the USA today on Nebraska football.

A new study says that listening to negative people can make you dumb.
Something to do with neurons and some shit I don't understand.
It doesn't matter if you read it or expierence it.
Your brain will process it the same.

I believe some of you have assaulted my intelligiance.
I meant intelligence.

See?
LurkLaughing

And if you think every single one of the losses had only to do with talent level, then there is no hope for you. You ignore obvious coaching mistakes and instead choose to blame the players. If Pelini had made some of those calls, this place would be laden with you and your ilk bashing the coaches.
Pelini didn't have to "make calls". His favorite thing to do was get unsportmanlike penalites on the bench that unfavorably affected his team. In fact he cost YSU a chance to at the very least tie and maybe win a game this year with 2 penalites with a minute or so left. You don't think that some BAD COACHING DECISIONS had anything to do with his defenses giving up 70 points? Laughing

If you don't think every single one of the losses had something to do with talent level, then there is no hope for you.

And if you think every single one of the losses had only to do with talent level, then there is no hope for you. You ignore obvious coaching mistakes and instead choose to blame the players. If Pelini had made some of those calls, this place would be laden with you and your ilk bashing the coaches.

Not trying to speak for Lincoln100, but in my book 'had something' does not = 'had only'. Seems like you're arguing against something that was not said.

As an aside, the idea that any negativity gets shouted down (or like someone in a separate thread said, gets deleted) seems really odd to me. Must be reading a different forum than me.

I see a lot of negativity, and often it is both warranted and joined in by others. What seems to get shouted down, are those that don't have an off switch, and constantly go over the same points over and over and over again. But that cuts both ways. There are some critical posters that fit that category, but there are also some 'sunshine pumpers' that deal with that too.

The way RedRover's posts are responded to kind of nullifies the idea that ONLY negative posters are shouted down here. In addition, there are some mods that have been fairly critical of the staff at times as well. Seems odd for them to write critical posts and then turn around and censor the same.

If you take out the 'regurgitators' and the responses to them, things seem more balanced than they initially appear.

Of course, all of that is just my opinion.

Not trying to speak for Lincoln100, but in my book 'had something' does not = 'had only'. Seems like you're arguing against something that was not said.

As an aside, the idea that any negativity gets shouted down (or like someone in a separate thread said, gets deleted) seems really odd to me. Must be reading a different forum than me.

I see a lot of negativity, and often it is both warranted and joined in by others. What seems to get shouted down, are those that don't have an off switch, and constantly go over the same points over and over and over again. But that cuts both ways. There are some critical posters that fit that category, but there are also some 'sunshine pumpers' that deal with that too.

The way RedRover's posts are responded to kind of nullifies the idea that ONLY negative posters are shouted down here. In addition, there are some mods that have been fairly critical of the staff at times as well. Seems odd for them to write critical posts and then turn around and censor the same.

If you take out the 'regurgitators' and the responses to them, things seem more balanced than they initially appear.

Of course, all of that is just my opinion.
If someone is starting threads that are negative about the same thing over and over again that is one thing. But if you are responding to points and express your opinion it is not regurgitating anything. According to this train of thought a poster can only respond if they have a positive post on a subject.

As far a Rover and sunshine pumping I say go for if it makes him happy. However I have never seen a thread where he was called a Bloner or Tard,Idiot,Retarded, hurts the team, stupid or any of the many other names some people on here think it is acceptable to call people.

See? He's not even coaching here, and you're still calling out his coaching decisions. Yet, you can not even view Riley and staff with an unbiased eye. I feel sad for you...
And you're still pining for him. Battered wife.

If someone is starting threads that are negative about the same thing over and over again that is one thing. But if you are responding to points and express your opinion it is not regurgitating anything. According to this train of thought a poster can only respond if they have a positive post on a subject.

As far a Rover and sunshine pumping I say go for if it makes him happy. However I have never seen a thread where he was called a Bloner or Tard,Idiot,Retarded, hurts the team, stupid or any of the many other names some people on here think it is acceptable to call people.
Today's America. Everyone has to be offended, and a victim. USA! USA! USA! USA!

Well that was a strange reply "HuskerCensorship," or whoever you were yesterday, or the day before that. Between my post and your post, your brain took you to a fantasy land, and you came up with a pretend story so that you could come to the defense of Bo? Still licking your wounds from Bo getting canned? You're holding on way too tight my man.

This article sheds some light on some real factors related to the players, which I think has rubbed some people the wrong way. It doesn't say the coaches were perfect in every way (that's for Callahan, not these coaches); but it does point out that we have some issues with talent and buy in. Now hopefully those issues are being addressed and the coaching gaffes improve as well. But to want to blame one or the other (just coaches or just players) is pretty ridiculous.

HC, can you give us a preview of what your name will be tomorrow?

I agree with you for the most part.

But the overwhelming (well, accepted) view on this board is that the players/talent sucks, and the coaches did really well with "the card they were dealt." You will rarely see "the crew" say the coaches made any mistakes with play calling or personnel management.

And I am not overly encouraged that this staff is going to rectify any gap in talent, either.

As for my name tomorrow? I'll let ya know. ;)
Yeah, I don't have a problem with this post either, for the most part. These coaches may not rectify the talent gap, we will see. But I sure wouldn't mind letting them make that attempt before judging them for it. Not necessarily a dig at you, just in general, too many have already decided he can't recruit and we are gonna be even worse off. This may happen, but I prefer to give the guy a chance before saying this definitively.

Reactions: lovetheskers

Bolded: Not accurate at all...if you're saying it's my train of thought.

The bolded ignores that I acknowledged that both positive/negative posters deal with backlash. It also ignores the basic definition of what it is to regurgitate information...which is not dependent on the type of information presented, just the frequency and similarity of it to previous postings.

Note, my point was solely that the narrative that this board only allows one side (the positive) and bans/shouts down the other (negative) does not fit in with what I read on a daily basis.

Of course he's never been called a Bloner...that wouldn't make sense given the side he falls on. But to pretend that he doesn't catch crap because of his posting history (which does includes a lot of regurgitation of the same points) and his continual positive views, is being disingenuous at best.

ADVERTISEMENT