ADVERTISEMENT

Good recruiting news.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Guys I know this season has been a struggle so far. BUT, we've got some absolute studs committed to this years class. Mark my words, for one Nash Hutmacher is going to be a difference maker. What a beast. I am very excited about some of the freshmen trench warriors we got this past class and we're on some more this year. I can't wait to see them on the field.

Guys I know this season has been a struggle so far. BUT, we've got some absolute studs committed to this years class. Mark my words, for one Nash Hutmacher is going to be a difference maker. What a beast. I am very excited about some of the freshmen trench warriors we got this past class and we're on some more this year. I can't wait to see them on the field.

Big, mean, vicious linemen is what the doctor ordered.

We need to be recruiting nastiness. We ain’t nasty anymore in the trenches. First priority is nasty and all else falls in after you check off nastiness. Really good start with Benhart, Turner and Teddy... we gonna get some nastiness back.

We need to be recruiting nastiness. We ain’t nasty anymore in the trenches. First priority is nasty and all else falls in after you check off nastiness. Really good start with Benhart, Turner and Teddy... we gonna get some nastiness back.
I'll take really nice guys who can block and tackle and have a great motor. I saw some video of Hutmacher on my local TV station the other day. That is one good kid who is an amazing physical specimen with tremendous athleticism.

Reactions: Bold Words
This thread title is the epitome of clickbait.

Duly marked, along with many other Mark My Words statements from others.

I'll never understand what these kool-aid drinkers have to gain with these idiotic pump up threads. The Omaha WH and Lincoln Lie-a-gram sells ads, but these sunshine pumpers who post this crap make zero to be wrong for 20 years straight.
You misunderstood my post. I don’t care about OP’s remarks, I just think the thread title is completely misleading. I clicked expecting some new Crystal Balls for Kaden Johnson to be N, but all I found was blue balls.

I'll never understand what these kool-aid drinkers have to gain with these idiotic pump up threads. The Omaha WH and Lincoln Lie-a-gram sells ads, but these sunshine pumpers who post this crap make zero to be wrong for 20 years straight.

k5BzLHu.jpg

Twenty years of promises.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Wow, you seem like a lot of fun. So the OP likes the recruiting class and Nash in particular. Not sure why this pisses you off so much. Seems like you could use some positivity in your life.

Reactions: Huzkers25
Wow, you seem like a lot of fun. So the OP likes the recruiting class and Nash in particular. Not sure why this pisses you off so much. Seems like you could use some positivity in your life.

Mommy did not live him enough....

Reactions: headcard
Big, mean, vicious linemen is what the doctor ordered.

I think everyone’s been beating that drum for 10years! As much as we make fun of Incognito and Peter brothers football is still a physical game won in the trenches- just ask Saban and Swiney

Reactions: dinglefritz

We have some talent coming in and coming a long right now. It sucks, it really does but we are in the middle of a complete rebuild. Urban Meyer, Kurt Herbstreit and several other guys have pointed out and all have said Scott Frost is a legit Head Coach and the right man for the job. We have to back the f_ck off and let Frost do this rebuild. He’s getting the talent here and he’s all about player development and S&C. Compete rebuilds like this won’t happen overnight or even in 1 to 2 years. A year or two from now we will be playing some good football and we will see a very dangerous offense, matched with a solid defense.

You misunderstood my post. I don’t care about OP’s remarks, I just think the thread title is completely misleading. I clicked expecting some new Crystal Balls for Kaden Johnson to be N, but all I found was blue balls.
While we wait for the announcement of the next new hot recruit we always forget about the guys who are N already. I saw a video and interview of Hutmacher this past week and man I believe that kid is going to be a player. IMO, he's the most impressive line recruit that we've landed since Suh. Quick and extremely powerful. He IS (or has been)THE NUMBER ONE RANKED 285 LB wrestler in the nation and he has to diet to stay at 285. Supposedly they have him slated to play nose tackle and I'll be surprised if it takes him more than a year to break in to the 2 deep. I don't normally blow smoke about recruits at all. This kid is different. We've recruited offensive tackles very well this past year as well IMO. I'm excited about the possibility that we might finally have the kind of talent we need for the O line AND a nose tackle who opposing offenses are going to have to game plan for. When you start getting state champ wrestlers like Benhart and Hutmacher in the trenches, good things will follow.

Posters like to whine about our problems. I'm just stating what appears to be a solution for some of our problems.

Reactions: bshirt73
While we wait for the announcement of the next new hot recruit we always forget about the guys who are N already. I saw a video and interview of Hutmacher this past week and man I believe that kid is going to be a player. IMO, he's the most impressive line recruit that we've landed since Suh. Quick and extremely powerful. He IS (or has been)THE NUMBER ONE RANKED 285 LB wrestler in the nation and he has to diet to stay at 285. Supposedly they have him slated to play nose tackle and I'll be surprised if it takes him more than a year to break in to the 2 deep. I don't normally blow smoke about recruits at all. This kid is different. We've recruited offensive tackles very well this past year as well IMO. I'm excited about the possibility that we might finally have the kind of talent we need for the O line AND a nose tackle who opposing offenses are going to have to game plan for. When you start getting state champ wrestlers like Benhart and Hutmacher in the trenches, good things will follow.

Posters like to whine about our problems. I'm just stating what appears to be a solution for some of our problems.
And Corcoran is the highest regarded OL recruit we have landed in a long time. That’s what we need to get back to playing good football.

We have some talent coming in and coming a long right now. It sucks, it really does but we are in the middle of a complete rebuild. Urban Meyer, Kurt Herbstreit and several other guys have pointed out and all have said Scott Frost is a legit Head Coach and the right man for the job. We have to back the f_ck off and let Frost do this rebuild. He’s getting the talent here and he’s all about player development and S&C. Compete rebuilds like this won’t happen overnight or even in 1 to 2 years. A year or two from now we will be playing some good football and we will see a very dangerous offense, matched with a solid defense.
Those were also the same people predicting we'd win the west this year...

Those were also the same people predicting we'd win the west this year...

come on bro, people guessing how we’d do during the offseason isn’t a big deal. We all have opinions and predictions. That’s all they are...predictions. Myself I thought and hoped we’d be farther along then we actually are. I was off on a number things. I get your point, but you can’t hold that over someone. The biggest thing is seeing what it is now and accepting it. GBR

We still could. I'm not going to bet the farm on it but we seem to forget how much we improved last year as the year went on.
Yeah its still possible. I'd like to see them shuffle the OL up but they might not have anyone behind them. That was a major turning point when they slid Farmer into C.

We still could. I'm not going to bet the farm on it but we seem to forget how much we improved last year as the year went on.

actually you’re dead on. Last year, the midway point of the season, Frost flipped our team and got us going pretty good. That very well COULD happen again this year. None the less, I know and admit we are a young team that’s rebuilding. So I expect up and down performances each Saturday. One Saturday we can kill it and then the next bomb it.

come on bro, people guessing how we’d do during the offseason isn’t a big deal. We all have opinions and predictions. That’s all they are...predictions. Myself I thought and hoped we’d be farther along they we actually are. I was off on a number things. I get your point, but you can’t hold that over someone. The biggest thing is seeing what it is now and accepting it. GBR
Oh I know, those guys backed off those predictions as soon as I did when we struggled mightily against USA. People dont realize SF inherited like 6 NFL guys at UCF and he got to play them against far inferior competition. Hard to believe the 0-12 UCF squad had more in the cupboard than NU.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Oh I know, those guys backed off those predictions as soon as I did when we struggled mightily against USA. People dont realize SF inherited like 6 NFL guys at UCF and he got to play them against far inferior competition. Hard to believe the 0-12 UCF squad had more in the cupboard than NU.

right and my bad bro. I wasn’t trying to be an a$$ there. I just had a poster or two give me crap because of a few predictions I had over the offseason and they where hanging it over my head. I was like Oh my God, it was off-season talk, yes I hoped we’d do better and be farther along while we where in the offseason but to hold that over my head now...that’s a bit short sighted and screwed up. One poster even tried to say I claimed K Noa and A Hunt would be All Americans. I was like WTF, I’d never predict that. I did think both would help ease the lose of Stan the man Morgan but I never guessed either one would be an All American, Lol.

Last edited:

We are ranked 42 right now. So 41 teams are doing better than us.

well I wouldn’t hold that as anything bad. Our average star ranking is closer to top 20-25 range. We aren’t taking many recruits this year. Plus we could add a few more 4 star or high 3 star guys before it’s all said and done. By the time it is all said and done, I fully expect to use to be in the top 25-30 range. If not just break the top 25.

With the new transfer rules the recruiting rankings are going to matter less and less. Georgia has already lost half of their 5 star recruits from their last two classes, including the best QB in the nation...and having the #1 qb boosts your ranking DRAMATICALLY. Alabama just lost the #1 DE in the nation. Of course, 4 and 5 stars scale better and we need to get them but a better indicator of a player is their list of offers. If these can be trusted we have a group of guys the last two years who have been offered by the top programs in the country. This is something that did not happen during the Riley or Pelini eras. We had 4 stars who picked NU because we were their most prestigious offer. And in the rare cases Alabama offered a kid...Ameer for example, it was for a defensive position. This is the first time we have anybody on the field that would actually play for a top 5 team since 2009. The announcers said it perfectly yesterday. The last thing you want is a bunch of young guys leading your team but it also shows that the future is bright.

Reactions: huskerssalts
This years recruiting class (going off of ESPN, 24/7 and Rivals and then taking the highest rank):

4 star players:
Turner Corcoran (top 41st player 24/7)
Zavier Betts (Top 52nd player rivals)
Henry Gray (Top 93rd player ESPN)
Blaise Gunnerson (top 138th player 24/7)
Nash Hutmacher (24/7 has him 4 stars)
Logan Smothers (rivals has him 4 stars)

high 3 star guys that are borderline 4 stars:
Will Nixon (5.7 3 star)
Rodney Groce (5.7 3 star)
Sevion Morrison (24/7 has him borderline 4)

the rest hit 5.6 3 star players.

so that’s 6 4 star players out of 12 total commits and 3 of those are top 100 talents. Then there is 3 players that are borderline 4 star players and eventually could be 4 stars. Then the rest are all 5.6 3 star guys which isn’t bad at all. Wisconsin and Iowa have done just fine with those level of recruits. I’ll definitely take it, even more so when we could land several more players and a few of them might be 4 star guys. GBR

Last edited:

I hear this "last year" phrase constantly like it actually means something. Different players on our team and the opponents. So, next year we can compare the bad of this year? Is that how it works?

I hear this "last year" phrase constantly like it actually means something. Different players on our team and the opponents. So, next year we can compare the bad of this year? Is that how it works?

I will worry about next season when next season gets here. Different seasons, another year in the system and another year with Duvall.

WTH are you talking about. We improved last year in pretty much all aspects of the game as the season wore on. I think that was due to coaching THUS I hope and believe we will improve this year as the season progresses. That seems pretty logical to me.

ADVERTISEMENT