ADVERTISEMENT

Good news

Why did it take 5 years to see this?
It will the next coach too. Look at our previous 4 coaches over the past 20 years. He’ll sign a 5 year contract and realize you can’t win with mid 3* recruits, but that going to be your average at a school like Nebraska.

The more things I hear about Frost coming out it seems to me the University would have cause for firing him and save some or all of his buyout. Given the lack of effort we are starting to hear (i.e., going pheasant hunting with his buddy Matt Davison in the heat of the recruiting season, lack of recruiting effort, regularly late to practice and meetings, assistant coaches going to the AD expressing these concerns, etc.) it makes you wonder if there was some covering up within the athletic department (a.k.a. the good ole boy network). Certainly not demonstrating the character traits one would expect as the CEO of a multi-million dollar organization and lifeblood of the athletic department and state.

The more things I hear about Frost coming out it seems to me the University would have cause for firing him and save some or all of his buyout. Given the lack of effort we are starting to hear (i.e., going pheasant hunting with his buddy Matt Davison in the heat of the recruiting season, lack of recruiting effort, regularly late to practice and meetings, assistant coaches going to the AD expressing these concerns, etc.) it makes you wonder if there was some covering up within the athletic department (a.k.a. the good ole boy network). Certainly not demonstrating the character traits one would expect as the CEO of a multi-million dollar organization and lifeblood of the athletic department and state.
So who were the assistants who went to Trev I wonder? Tuioti? Held? Might explain their abrupt departures

Reactions: moralvictories
It will the next coach too. Look at our previous 4 coaches over the past 20 years. He’ll sign a 5 year contract and realize you can’t win with mid 3* recruits, but that going to be your average at a school like Nebraska.
So, what's your answer?

I don't think the athletic department wants the drama. They're just glad to be gone with that douche nozzle.. Take your check and GTFO

This is such a weak take, and yet, you keep repeating it.

Looking at the recruiting rankings for the past 10 years and recently on two different sites (not sure if allowed to link here), Nebraska has been ranked as high as 3rd but never lower than 6th in the conference—this despite coaching incompetence, job negligence, and turnover. According to one site, we had ten 4-star recruits in 2020; Iowa had 1.

During one of the worst stretches in the history of the program, the recruiting has remained consistent. And a coach with credibility who starts to put together winning seasons here will only improve upon those numbers.

The problem has been coaching and player development. How long are you going to perpetuate the lame argument that recruits won’t come to Lincoln, when even a quick Google search shows that the evidence is stacked against you?

It didn’t. Trev saw it last fall but didn’t have the political capital to fire him. A booster of substance told me that last fall.
I think the Covid year screwed up the timeline too. After the first two years one could still make the argument that Frost had been dealt a horrible hand by Riley but was soon going to break out. Then came Covid and one could say that it screwed things up too. But year four should have been the prove it to us or get out year which is why I called for his firing after the Illinois loss which was a disgrace. This is where the folks in charge really dropped the ball. Frost should absolutely have been fired last year.

You want to have a legal fight over a buyout when you're trying to attract your next head coach? That must be the smartest fans in America talking... :rolleyes:

I keep going back to that Sports Illustrated article about Florida’s coaching search..,

“Three days before visiting Kelly for a second time, members of the search committee drove to Orlando to meet with Frost on Thursday, Nov. 16, two days before Frost’s 9–0 Knights played Temple. They describe the interview with Frost as unimpressive, and they emerged with a similar feeling: He’s not ready for this big of a job.”

So what if Moos doesn’t hire him (impossible)… and we hire someone else who wins 7-8 games? We’d all still be upset that we missed our chance with Frost. Unless he started putting up goose eggs at UCF or shat his pants at (insert school)

Why not waive the donations required by season ticket holders as apparently the athletic department has an unlimited pocket book. As a season ticket holder, I'm getting tired of all of my annual donation $ going to buying out coaches contracts due to ongoing dumb decisions by the athletic department extending coaches contracts when no one else is knocking at our door trying to steal them away. Would rather see the donation $ going towards facility improvements etc., which it is intended for. I realize in the Frost situation a donor or two must have stepped up saying they would fork up the extra $7.5M if we fired Frost prior to October 1. Frost should be embarrassed to even accept the buyout given his win/loss record in his 4+ years and the product he put on the field week after week. Of course he is not going to forgo that but, in my mind he should be ashamed to accept it.
Poor baby.

The leash Frost got was insane. I never want to hear again how Nebraska goes through too many coaches or isn't fair. No other program in the country would have given Frost a 5th year. Blue blood programs would not have even given him a 4th year. Rich Rodriguez had a winning season in his 3rd year and it wasn't good enough for Michigan.

The leash Frost got was insane. I never want to hear again how Nebraska goes through too many coaches or isn't fair. No other program in the country would have given Frost a 5th year. Blue blood programs would not have even given him a 4th year. Rich Rodriguez had a winning season in his 3rd year and it wasn't good enough for Michigan.
It’s one problem with hiring a native son.

I think the Covid year screwed up the timeline too. After the first two years one could still make the argument that Frost had been dealt a horrible hand by Riley but was soon going to break out. Then came Covid and one could say that it screwed things up too. But year four should have been the prove it to us or get out year which is why I called for his firing after the Illinois loss which was a disgrace. This is where the folks in charge really dropped the ball. Frost should absolutely have been fired last year.
General thoughts:
* Year 1. Started 0-6 and needed a last minute makeup/cupcake game against Bethune-Cookman just to buy Frost’s first win and avoid an 0-7 start
* Year 2. Best Frost season ever at 5-7 with blockbuster wins over South Alabama, Northern Illinois, Illinois (6-7), Northwestern (3-9) and Maryland (3–9)
* Year 3. Team votes to quit on only chance for a bowl game over 7 years and counting.
* Year 4: 3–9, but only if you count wins over Fordham and Buffalo.
* Year 5. Arguably worst team in FBS.
Point? Not sure.

General thoughts:
* Year 1. Started 0-6 and needed a last minute makeup/cupcake game against Bethune-Cookman just to buy Frost’s first win and avoid an 0-7 start
* Year 2. Best Frost season ever at 5-7 with blockbuster wins over South Alabama, Northern Illinois, Illinois (6-7), Northwestern (3-9) and Maryland (3–9)
* Year 3. Team votes to quit on only chance for a bowl game over 7 years and counting.
Point? Not sure.
We were close in year 4.

Totally agree, I couldn't care less about the money. On the other hand, if Davison is still employed after this all shakes out I'll be disappointed.
Davison has been downsized and relegated to fundraising (plus he does every game radio show with Greg Sharp). Probably stays, as he is supposedly doing good in fundraising.

General thoughts:
Point? Not sure.
Those stats speak for themselves. Scott Frost was the worst coach in Nebraska history and he proved it from day one. Sadly, the euphoria surrounding his hiring, and his Husker hero status, kept him here far too long.

General thoughts:
Point? Not sure.
A slight correction, his first win in year 1 was against Minnesota. Not that it matters much, doesn't change the fact he sucked.

If you believe the recruiting services' rankings, then we should be above average in the B1G. We certainly shouldn't be losing to the actual bottom-dwellers of the conference (and Georgia Southern and almost North Dakota). Yet, we do lose to these types of teams.

Not having stellar recruiting is certainly a contributing factor to the regular, head-scratching losses. But there's something else. Some sort of intangible. Power of deduction tells us then that it has to be coaching.

Or perhaps there's something more sinister. Some behind the scenes meddling that none of us are 100% aware of. Like The Wizard of Oz man behind the curtain type of stuff... 🤔

General thoughts:
Point? Not sure.
Only one tiny quibble, in year 1 Frost’s first win was against Minnesota. I was at the game and they looked great. I was like “here we f—-ken go!” Yeah right. I actually think that might be the best the team looked in all phases in Frost’s entire tenure.

What year was the home signature win against Michigan State? 9-6 all field goals. It was 65 degrees the day before and snowed and dropped to the 30s game day

What year was the home signature win against Michigan State? 9-6 all field goals. It was 65 degrees the day before and snowed and dropped to the 30s game day
Also 2018, Frost's first year. There is absolutely zero question that Nebraska football was BETTER in 2018 than it is now. It's maddening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT