ADVERTISEMENT

Good Morning! What's the temperature in your town?

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
It's a balmy 12 below zero right now in Omaha. 22 below wind chill. Haven't been outside yet but that is cold.

It's a balmy 12 below zero right now in Omaha. 22 below wind chill. Haven't been outside yet but that is cold.
2 above this a.m. in rapid city. Heading for a high of 20. 50's by the weekend.

Just looked it up. 26 below in Fargo, ND right now (10am).

Was -25 with -50 windchill.

Currently a balmy -17 with -42 windchill.

Tonight its supposed to be -28 with -55 windchill.

Burr, now that's cold! Were you at brother.

North central Illinois. Actually had to drive my mom an hour or so south for a cardiac catheterization today, still at the hospital. Wife is at home with our son, our furnace is trying its darndest to keep up with the temperatures, but it's already down to the mid 60s and it's set at 72.

Thankfully, winds are starting to die down so windchill might not be quite as bad as predicted.

North central Illinois. Actually had to drive my mom an hour or so south for a cardiac catheterization today, still at the hospital. Wife is at home with our son, our furnace is trying its darndest to keep up with the temperatures, but it's already down to the mid 60s and it's set at 72.

Thankfully, winds are starting to die down so windchill might not be quite as bad as predicted.
Wow, brutal. You might want to look at upgrading the insulation and window's for your house. Seems like a lot of outside air leakage into the house when your furnace can't keep up.

Wow, brutal. You might want to look at upgrading the insulation and window's for your house. Seems like a lot of outside air leakage into the house when your furnace can't keep up.

Oh, absolutely. It's a 90 year old brick house and still has the original plaster and lathe, so I know the insulation is lacking. Windows and doors are our next priority project.

It was +41 when I got up this morning, now up to 52. Supposed to be high of 60 today and 70 on Friday.

But as smug as I feel living in Texas in February, I feel envious from May until November when it is hotter than the surface of the sun here. Have to replace my car battery every three years and my A/C unit every eight because of the heat.

Oh, absolutely. It's a 90 year old brick house and still has the original plaster and lathe, so I know the insulation is lacking. Windows and doors are our next priority project.
I'd do the insulation first. Usually you don't make your money back on window upgrades. If you replaced them yourself they're like $150 a window but professionally done or custom they can be up around $400 a window. Takes a long time to cut your heat bill by $400.

We've got those double-hung ones with the single pane and wooden frames and I want them gone like anything, but the research doesn't lie. Unless it's just broken you don't typically gain enough efficiency to turn a profit in your lifetime vs. adding the outer storms or putting plastic sheeting over them in the winter.

We're in Northern IL as well, have it set to 71 and it slipped to 68 overnight before we got up and turned on a space heater and started baking cookies. Our neighbors across the street were at 62 and falling, I could see the ice dams forming on their roof already last week from what must be heat loss through the attic. That attic insulation really matters, and it's cheap to have more blown in.

-14 with -39 wind chill. -32 with -57 wc tonight in eastern Iowa.

12:30PST here in Palm Desert 74 should finish high at 76
Grew up farm in NE I can remember some pretty, cold, nasty days

I actually made this while killing time at the hospital. BTW, no blockage so great news for us!

GATRRKS.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT