ADVERTISEMENT

Good morning!!! People used to do milepost threads....

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
....on here, but it has kind of fallen out of style....BUT...I'm old school so I'm going to throw out some thoughts on the august occasion of my 20,000 post(about a weeks worth of posts for HTO, I know......so bear with, or ignore, or whatever...

I was hoping that I could lead with a victory report on our men's hoops, but that will have to wait for another day...but the day is coming...

When I started on here, it was 2001...the world has changed a lot, the Husker Nation has changed a lot, fans/posters have NOT changed that much to me...still passionate for our team, still divided about how to get back to greatness...the ONLY thing everyone agrees with is the sad legacy of Mike ReiLLLLLLLy....:)

My first thread I started , I believe, was "You know you are a Husker Idiot when...." and I recounted the time I threw an egg timer at the wall that my 1 year old loved playing with, smashing it into pieces, when Buster Rhymes broke our hearts in 1980...yeah, that was a proud moment...:)

I've argued about everything from Callahan(I believe I was the last one off the train there) to Tim Miles, to leaving the Big 12, to all other topics in between...

I've gotten at times a mild reputation of a thread killer, though I've never been banned...I don't think...

I've threatened to leave my fandom, but I can't...no matter how bad we stink, can't leave...

But maybe my favorite part of this forum is the most unlikely...the therapy of sorts it has offered to people who are grieving...a place, somewhat anonymously , to share pain with strangers usually whose only connection is only love of the Huskers...and Nebraska...

I don't get to many games, but I feel like I've made some friends on here I may never meet....even with good intentions....about five come to mind...

Well, just some thoughts...blessings...hope you are maintaining through the pandemic...my wife and I both had the COVID in late July and survived it....so there is that!:)

Have a great day!!! On to the next 20,000!!!!

giphy.gif

Just messing with ya, amigo. Congrats on the milestone, and here's to 20,000 more.

cheers_law_and_order.gif

Nice post. Congrats on 20,000. I just made a calculation and determined that you all can be looking forward to my 20,000th post in the year 22000. LOL. However, to be fair, I believe that an administrative software upgrade somewhere along the line resulted in me losing credit for roughly half of my lifetime posts. Therefore, I believe my 20,000th post will actually be arriving much sooner, in the year 11990.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Congrats on 20k. That said, it's just a number. You are not a number. You bring good content and opinions to this board. When I am away from the board for a while, and just into a long thread, I often just quickly scan through it to see what the stalwarts are saying about the topic. It's a lot easier than reading all the way through. Here's to many more. 🍻🍻🍻

Reactions: HuskerDana
Congrats on 20k. That said, it's just a number. You are not a number. You bring good content and opinions to this board. When I am away from the board for a while, and just into a long thread, I often just quickly scan through it to see what the stalwarts are saying about the topic. It's a lot easier than reading all the way through. Here's to many more. 🍻🍻🍻
I would break mine down APPROXIMATELY like this:
1,000 provocative to start a fight:)
10,000 defending coaches (many of which I recanted:) )
1,000 commiserating with friends in tough situations
8,000 just nonsense....

I FORGOT MY PROUDEST MOMENT!!!! I coined the nickname CONDIMENT STATE for ISU because of the mustard/Ketchup color scheme!!!

NOW I'M done!!!!

Congrats to one of the most level-headed guys on this board....Keep the posts coming!

The question is.....if there was a Mt. Rushmore of all time great HOL posters, is spartan on that list? Probably.... ;)

....on here, but it has kind of fallen out of style....BUT...I'm old school so I'm going to throw out some thoughts on the august occasion of my 20,000 post(about a weeks worth of posts for HTO, I know......so bear with, or ignore, or whatever...

I was hoping that I could lead with a victory report on our men's hoops, but that will have to wait for another day...but the day is coming...

When I started on here, it was 2001...the world has changed a lot, the Husker Nation has changed a lot, fans/posters have NOT changed that much to me...still passionate for our team, still divided about how to get back to greatness...the ONLY thing everyone agrees with is the sad legacy of Mike ReiLLLLLLLy....:)

My first thread I started , I believe, was "You know you are a Husker Idiot when...." and I recounted the time I threw an egg timer at the wall that my 1 year old loved playing with, smashing it into pieces, when Buster Rhymes broke our hearts in 1980...yeah, that was a proud moment...:)

I've argued about everything from Callahan(I believe I was the last one off the train there) to Tim Miles, to leaving the Big 12, to all other topics in between...

I've gotten at times a mild reputation of a thread killer, though I've never been banned...I don't think...

I've threatened to leave my fandom, but I can't...no matter how bad we stink, can't leave...

But maybe my favorite part of this forum is the most unlikely...the therapy of sorts it has offered to people who are grieving...a place, somewhat anonymously , to share pain with strangers usually whose only connection is only love of the Huskers...and Nebraska...

I don't get to many games, but I feel like I've made some friends on here I may never meet....even with good intentions....about five come to mind...

Well, just some thoughts...blessings...hope you are maintaining through the pandemic...my wife and I both had the COVID in late July and survived it....so there is that!:)

Have a great day!!! On to the next 20,000!!!!
I joined about the same time you did but somehow my account got messed up a few years ago and the easiest solution for the webmaster was to just start me over. So I am a near-rookie for the second time! Congrats for still surviving after nearly twenty years of posting here, but sad to think we haven’t won a conference championship during the entire time. Maybe we have jinxed the program?

Hard to believe HTO hasn’t been on here in several years. Like his often combative posts or not, he was a must read and did seem to have a lot of inside info at a time when we cared.

I joined about the same time you did but somehow my account got messed up a few years ago and the easiest solution for the webmaster was to just start me over. So I am a near-rookie for the second time! Congrats for still surviving after nearly twenty years of posting here, but sad to think we haven’t won a conference championship during the entire time. Maybe we have jinxed the program?

Hard to believe HTO hasn’t been on here in several years. Like his often combative posts or not, he was a must read and did seem to have a lot of inside info at a time when we cared.

HTO inside info was just him being having access to another board that used to have the info. They guy always acted like he was connected but he wasn't.

In your honor, I relate a moment in your personal history that I witnessed. We were watching our alma mater play Henderson State in the old air hangar on campus. I believe it was the year they won NAIA National Championship. An out of bounds play took place directly in front of us, we were front row seats. As the HSU player was passing the ball in, you reached out and plucked a hair off his leg. He reacted by kicking back with one foot as he passed the ball in. Thankfully his foot went between us, other wise one of us would have been dead. And if it had been you, we would have missed all these 20,000 postings.

In your honor, I relate a moment in your personal history that I witnessed. We were watching our alma mater play Henderson State in the old air hangar on campus. I believe it was the year they won NAIA National Championship. An out of bounds play took place directly in front of us, we were front row seats. As the HSU player was passing the ball in, you reached out and plucked a hair off his leg. He reacted by kicking back with one foot as he passed the ball in. Thankfully his foot went between us, other wise one of us would have been dead. And if it had been you, we would have missed all these 20,000 postings.
Ok.... I think I know who you are .... happy birthday, and go Dukes...

Reactions: huskerdrb
HTO inside info was just him being having access to another board that used to have the info. They guy always acted like he was connected but he wasn't.
Actually he was tight with Jeff Jamrog and got to attend practices fairly often.

Reactions: WHCSC
That is too great!

That is too great!
Oh no it’s not!!! It’s a moment I LONG thought was forgotten and an incredibly stupid thing by me... our gym( which has since been made EVEN BETTER) was ON TOP of the action... we were in the front row , they were taking the ball out, and one of my friends said”———, pinch his leg!”... and I did....the player kicked his leg back into the crowd and almost hit the two of us.... have not thought of that in years( suppressed it...😂

Oh no it’s not!!! It’s a moment I LONG thought was forgotten and an incredibly stupid thing by me... our gym( which has since been made EVEN BETTER) was ON TOP of the action... we were in the front row , they were taking the ball out, and one of my friends said”———, pinch his leg!”... and I did....the player kicked his leg back into the crowd and almost hit the two of us.... have not thought of that in years( suppressed it...😂
Well at least it was his leg and not a crotch grab.......or was it?

Reactions: Baxter48
Congrats on your 20K. I have always enjoyed your posts, sometimes to agree with them and sometimes to dump on them, but my responses were always with the respect that you thought about what you were writing before you hit the send key.

And BTW....I THINK HTO is still here...there's one of ours who reminds me of him almost every time he posts!!!!

DId he tell you that? I'm not saying you are wrong, just know quite a bit about this cat from other circles... Either way, I'm glad he is gone.
He told me that Jamrog was looking for me before Jamrog called a family member of mine trying to find me for something I posted on here. Jamrog monitored this board and the RSS trying to ferret out information leaks apparently. They also supposedly had an employee who was paid to monitor boards and try to steer conversations. I asked him how he knew him and I think he said it was through their kids' sports. Other people at the time who I trusted confirmed that he knew Jamrog. Nebraska sports is a pretty small circle.

Did he get to wear the fisher price headset too?
images
Too bad we did have A Jamrog of some sort screaming in the headset to Frost "call time out and get them to review that play" and "we don't have enough guys on the field" against Illinois.

ADVERTISEMENT