ADVERTISEMENT

Good job Duke...

You can bleat this talking point as many times as you want, and it still won't be true:

I'm also just trying to imagine the amount of squealing (which would have been justified) you would have done if Officer Chauvin had been prosecuted for his involvement in the shooting of Wayne Reyes, after all of the cops involved testified that Reyes pointed a sawed-off shotgun at them.
I don't know who Wayne Reyes is nor is it pertinent to my post. Your fact checking "source" is weak at best. Klobuchar in fact was the prosecutor whose office was in charge of the decision to not charge Chauvin. Did you read the stories from yesterday where the judge presiding over the case dismissed 3 local prosecutors for having "met with the state's coroner before his report was issued"? No doubt they coerced his statement of findings to de-emphasize how the levels of fentanyl and meth may have contributed to his death. It was WILDLY inappropriate for those prosecuting attorneys to do what they did. I'm not defending Chauvin in any manner. I'm defending the rule of law. It is also despicable IMO that the Minnesota withheld the complete video of Floyd's arrest from the public while businesses and public property were being destroyed. IMO, that was a calculated political move to promote as much rage as possible to accomplish a political goal.

He did brag about committing sexual assault on tape...not rape but not great either. I saw a guy on the news this week who said many Trump supporters dont actually like Trump the person at all. They like the fact that he pisses off or hates the same people they disapprove of as well. Makes quite a bit of sense.
That all depends on what your meaning of is is. It's pretty interesting how unwanted touching is now viewed as full blown aggravated sexual assault today.

I don't know who Wayne Reyes is nor is it pertinent to my post. Your fact checking "source" is weak at best. Klobuchar in fact was the prosecutor whose office was in charge of the decision to not charge Chauvin. Did you read the stories from yesterday where the judge presiding over the case dismissed 3 local prosecutors for having "met with the state's coroner before his report was issued"? No doubt they coerced his statement of findings to de-emphasize how the levels of fentanyl and meth may have contributed to his death. It was WILDLY inappropriate for those prosecuting attorneys to do what they did. I'm not defending Chauvin in any manner. I'm defending the rule of law. It is also despicable IMO that the Minnesota withheld the complete video of Floyd's arrest from the public while businesses and public property were being destroyed. IMO, that was a calculated political move to promote as much rage as possible to accomplish a political goal.
There seems to be an awful lot of evidence and witness tampering that has gone on with these investigations. Hopefully our judges are as impartial as we think they all are.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Out of curiosity, how can they protest police brutality against unarmed black people in an acceptable way? Since a sticker is apparently too much and they can't silently kneel during the national anthem, what is an acceptable form of protest?

What a beautifully worded leading question...allow me to answer with one.

How do we convince a certain segment of society to put a glove on it and that having more kids than you can afford isn't cool and when one does get thru you stick around and be a dad and stop taking illicit and sometimes multiple drugs and don't pass counterfeit money and when the cops do eventually show up because of all your bad choices you don't fight 'em?

I never said anything about the George Floyd case. And of course you don’t know who Wayne Reyes is and don’t know the first thing about the circumstances that led to his shooting. Learning any details about that case would spoil your shopworn go-to talking point and require you to step outside your echo chamber.

How do we convince a certain segment of society to put a glove on it and that having more kids than you can afford isn't cool and when one does get thru you stick around and be a dad and stop taking illicit and sometimes multiple drugs and don't pass counterfeit money and when the cops do eventually show up because of all your bad choices you don't fight 'em?

So your point is... if fewer black men were philandering, drug-addled criminals, you'd take this whole discussion about racism a little more seriously?

Hey taxpayers ... yeah, you, Mr. Barber, Mr. Electrician, Mr. Farmer ... you gave 5 million $$ to one guy to convince gov't employees we need a race war ...

"we spent 50 million on the Mueller probe so what's you're problem? Jerk"

You didn't actually answer my question and instead resorted to racial stereotyping. Cool.

if you're taking political cues from 19-year old football players, I do not know what to tell you.

either you like football or you don't. allowing a sticker to sway you one way or another is softer than baby sh*t.
agreed. they are teenagers playing a game. they have a decal on their uniform. and some of you want to shit your pants over them? why does it matter. if you dont like their uniform then dont watch. if you dont respect their opinion dont watch. if you can't stop thinking about it the whole game then dont watch. i honestly think some of you are making a way bigger deal of it than the athletes are. Pot calling kettle black

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
the political opinions of 19-35 year old athletes are neither here nor there to me. just like the political opinions of actors/musicians/artists.

imagine taking financial advice from the Lions' starting safety. you wouldn't. who cares what their politics are? enjoy their product or don't. letting politics sway one way or another is marshmallow soft.
your on a roll. totally agree. the problem is not the athletes. the problem is the fans. some of the fans are so politically driven they are incapable of watching a game because of a decal on a helmet. wow
i do hope some fans turn it off and go away. so those of us who just want to talk about football can. nothing the athletes are doing has ever forced me to talk about politics. if it does as rambo says you are scared and soft.

a higher minimum wage might be a start. if you work then you can have enough that those other things are too counterproductive to engage in. thats why you dont do them. make sure most people dont have a reason to do them and they won't. there is nothing different about most poor people from most rich people. where they started and their life experiences are the only difference.

I watch on free sites. I don't feel bad.

I'm saving gas (and the planet :) ) by not driving over to my brother's house to watch sports.

So your point is... if fewer black men were philandering, drug-addled criminals, you'd take this whole discussion about racism a little more seriously?

The ones who keep engaging in the behavior I described could solve a large percenrage of their own problems in one generarion if they'd take my advice you quoted.

Floyd didn't die at the hands of a racist cop...he died because he was a career loser who made one to many bad choices. Conservarives don't care about your skin color...we have our own struggles and are to busy to give it a second thought.

Make good choices, abide by the same laws I do...and watch how fast the word racism would disappear.

tune out all you want, snowflake.

I enjoy sports & don't care at all about the personal opinions of athletes.

You know, I could kind of see your point right up to the point you started calling those with a different view names. All was lost at that point and then your point became mute. Nothing against you, just resorting to calling him a snowflake did nothing for your argument. I also haven't turned on sports simply because I'm sick of the political views being forced down my throat daily. There's a time for politics and a time for fun and enjoyment. When the two cross each others boundaries, the enjoyment ends.

The ones who keep engaging in the behavior I described could solve a large percenrage of their own problems in one generarion if they'd take my advice you quoted.

Floyd didn't die at the hands of a racist cop...he died because he was a career loser who made one to many bad choices. Conservarives don't care about your skin color...we have our own struggles and are to busy to give it a second thought.

Make good choices, abide by the same laws I do...and watch how fast the word racism would disappear.
spoken by a true racist. thats the definition of racism

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

The black kid I've unofficially adopted and sleeps here as much as his real home would disagree with you, the Hispanic girl I donated my Camry to would get a kick out of your comment as well. Shall I mention the faith based women's shelter I worked at here in Omaha that barely had a white girl in the entire bldg and what they'd think of your comment? ....you people crack me up. I don't do excuses, I deal in effort and good choices. If that is racist to you then you and I have a different definition of that word, and your definition is why it doesn't mean anything anymore.

You can justify all you want but it's a fact people are fed up with this shit and are tuning out. NBA, NFL, ...deal with the facts.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-ra...arp-decline-in-initial-ratings-161747893.html Sunday night’s Rams-Cowboys game notched a 4.7 in early ratings among the most prized demographic, adults 18-49, with 14.81 million viewers. Last year’s New England Patriots-Pittsburgh Steelers game had a total audience of 22.2 million television viewers and a total of 22.7 million with digital viewers added in, a total roughly equal to 2018’s game.Critics of the NFL who wish to use the ratings as a political cudgel will contend that the ratings are diving because the NFL has taken a more socially progressive stance this season. It’s a theory that, at first blush, could hold water, since Dallas is typically one of the top draws in sports.

He did brag about committing sexual assault on tape...not rape but not great either. I saw a guy on the news this week who said many Trump supporters dont actually like Trump the person at all. They like the fact that he pisses off or hates the same people they disapprove of as well. Makes quite a bit of sense.

No, actually he didn't. I know it's common, especially when it comes to President Trump, for people to hear what they want to hear or see what they want to see. Listen to the recording or read the transcript of it, he didn't say that he's ever grabbed someone by the ******. He says that when you're a star they will let you do anything. He then goes on to give the outlandish statement about grabbing as a hypothetical example.

What he said is of course true; there are many women out there who will willingly give themselves to men who have money, power or stardom.

It's really very telling that President Trump is such a terrible person that the media/Dim complex have to resort to lying about him to make him look bad.

OK...The mental gymnastics people go through to defend and justify the actions of this scumbag and his grifter inner circle is damn near admirable. He really could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the cult would blame anyone but him. It sets quite the precedent for future Presidential behavior. I would say I would definitely like some of you on a jury if I ever needed it. Bravo folks

Last edited:
OK...The mental gymnastics people go through to defend and justify the actions of this scumbag and his grifter inner circle is damn near admirable. He really could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the cult would blame anyone but him. It sets quite the precedent for future Presidential behavior. I would say I would definitely like some of you on a jury if I ever needed it. Bravo folks
I don't know that one begets the other. after all..

RN.png

then again, maybe it does

One guy engages in macho hyperbole with another guy (who waited 10 years to complain?) ... versus a guy (and a party) who weaponized the government to destroy the fundamental institutions necessary for a civil society to exist. Which is more of a threat?

Lowering the voting age to 16 - DNC
Illegal aliens voting - DNC
Packing the SCOTUS with 16 members - DNC
Getting rid of the electoral college - DNC
Reclassifying felonies as misdemeanors - DNC
Encouraging the anchor-baby industry by not discouraging birth tourism - DNC
Zero bail policies for criminals - DNC
Not calling out arson and murder until the polling starts going south - DNC
Making every career criminal a martyr to advance a false narrative - DNC
Destroying the national economy as a reaction to flu season - DNC
Stating America became a nation on 1619, not 1776 - DNC
Platform denouncing Christianity and the 4th of July as racist - DNC
Welfare policies that destroy the nuclear family - DNC
"By any means necessary" the ethic repeatedly stated by members of: DNC

^^^^ I give you the priorities of the left (but hey, a Porky's comment is much more of a threat than 50+ years of anti-americanism)

Didn't see him call out a skin color as much as a type of person causing the hysteria whether it be black, white, red, yellow or whatever color you choose to identify with. Get over color and see the dregs of society for exactly what they are! He was a dreg no matter what skin color you slap on him.

Reactions: dinglefritz
One guy engages in macho hyperbole with another guy (who waited 10 years to complain?) ... versus a guy (and a party) who weaponized the government to destroy the fundamental institutions necessary for a civil society to exist. Which is more of a threat?

Lowering the voting age to 16 - DNC
Illegal aliens voting - DNC
Packing the SCOTUS with 16 members - DNC
Getting rid of the electoral college - DNC
Reclassifying felonies as misdemeanors - DNC
Encouraging the anchor-baby industry by not discouraging birth tourism - DNC
Zero bail policies for criminals - DNC
Not calling out arson and murder until the polling starts going south - DNC
Making every career criminal a martyr to advance a false narrative - DNC
Destroying the national economy as a reaction to flu season - DNC
Stating America became a nation on 1619, not 1776 - DNC
Platform denouncing Christianity and the 4th of July as racist - DNC
Welfare policies that destroy the nuclear family - DNC
"By any means necessary" the ethic repeatedly stated by members of: DNC

^^^^ I give you the priorities of the left (but hey, a Porky's comment is much more of a threat than 50+ years of anti-americanism)
I think we are looking at this differently. I genuinely do not care about party affiliation or policies. It's just Trump. That's it for me. Boot him to the moon and whatever party is standing is fine by me.

I think we are looking at this differently. I genuinely do not care about party affiliation or policies. It's just Trump. That's it for me. Boot him to the moon and whatever party is standing is fine by me.

So child touching and sniffing Biden is fine? The same guy that Kamala accused of sexual harassment and racism during the debates? Yeah, big bad orange man bad, Biden good. Right!

So child touching and sniffing Biden is fine? The same guy that Kamala accused of sexual harassment and racism during the debates? Yeah, big bad orange man bad, Biden good. Right!
Not at all...boot them too. Accountability isnt too much to ask

I never said anything about the George Floyd case. And of course you don’t know who Wayne Reyes is and don’t know the first thing about the circumstances that led to his shooting. Learning any details about that case would spoil your shopworn go-to talking point and require you to step outside your echo chamber.
So the the article I read on Reyes said he led police on a chase after they had responded to reports of a stabbing. THEN he proceeded to get out of his car with a shotgun at which point he was shot 23 times by cops. Chauvin was one of those cops. As I stated, I'm not defending Chauvin. That's ONE instance where Chauvin could have been removed from the police force. IF you lead cops on a high speed chase then exit your car with a weapon, be prepared to die. Likewise, IF you fight cops when they try to put you in a cop car, they are going to make your life unpleasant at best. The question is, would a person who didn't have lethal levels of fentanyl with meth in his bloodstream have died due to the force Chauvin applied? Maybe. Maybe even probably. Chauvin was over the top with his restraint and should have stopped once Floyd quit resisting. Unfortunately he did not. Wayne Reyes? He seems to have asked for what he got although 23 shots seems a little over the top. Would it have been better if ONE shot to the head had killed him?

He isnt the President
just admit it. You suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome. I'll admit I don't like the guy's personality. I do like the way he's reined in some out of control government agencies and held China's feet to the fire. It's about time we quit bending over for China. You do realize that the reason we've let China become filthy rich is that so many people in the swamp have family and friends serving on boards of multinational companies doing business with China right? In Biden's case it was with the Ukraine. $500,000/ year to serve on that energy company's board? He's a dimwit who has never had a real job. He got that deal because his pops was the VP.

So the the article I read on Reyes said he led police on a chase after they had responded to reports of a stabbing. THEN he proceeded to get out of his car with a shotgun at which point he was shot 23 times by cops. Chauvin was one of those cops. As I stated, I'm not defending Chauvin. That's ONE instance where Chauvin could have been removed from the police force. IF you lead cops on a high speed chase then exit your car with a weapon, be prepared to die. Likewise, IF you fight cops when they try to put you in a cop car, they are going to make your life unpleasant at best. The question is, would a person who didn't have lethal levels of fentanyl with meth in his bloodstream have died due to the force Chauvin applied? Maybe. Maybe even probably. Chauvin was over the top with his restraint and should have stopped once Floyd quit resisting. Unfortunately he did not. Wayne Reyes? He seems to have asked for what he got although 23 shots seems a little over the top. Would it have been better if ONE shot to the head had killed him?
Yes, correct. And the Wayne Reyes shooting is exactly the incident that led both the right-wing and loony left blogospheres to declare that Amy Klobuchar was a bad county prosecutor - because in the two weeks remaining in her tenure, she didn't prosecute Chauvin for his part in the Reyes incident.

She may have been a great county prosecutor or a lousy one - I don't know and neither do you. But judging her performance from this incident doesn't make any sense whatsover - it just happened to gain traction with loudmouthed whack jobs on both ends of the political spectrum. After she left office, Klobuchar's successor took the Reyes case to a grand jury, and the grand jury decided not to press charges against any of the officers involved. That's the full story, which doesn't fit on a Tweet.

Can't think of anything more stupid to come out of the mouth of an American than to suggest the republican party and democrat party have the same number of extremists in elected positions.

Of course if you think being white and proud of the USA = Nazi ... you're just another useful idiot in service of evil morons.

Yes, correct. And the Wayne Reyes shooting is exactly the incident that led both the right-wing and loony left blogospheres to declare that Amy Klobuchar was a bad county prosecutor - because in the two weeks remaining in her tenure, she didn't prosecute Chauvin for his part in the Reyes incident.

She may have been a great county prosecutor or a lousy one - I don't know and neither do you. But judging her performance from this incident doesn't make any sense whatsover - it just happened to gain traction with loudmouthed whack jobs on both ends of the political spectrum. After she left office, Klobuchar's successor took the Reyes case to a grand jury, and the grand jury decided not to press charges against any of the officers involved. That's the full story, which doesn't fit on a Tweet.
I believe that wasn't the first incident involving Chauvin that Klobuchar could have prosecuted him for. Let's assume though that it was and as you suggest she turfed the job to her successor. WHY in God's name was that guy still on a city police force in a city that has been run by democrats for decades? The guy had a horrible track record with dozens of complaints against him. I realize that sometimes people complain for little or no reason but that guy's record was noteworthy. Frankly, IMO Kobluchar would have been a MUCH better President than Biden. You will note that Klobuchar was not defended by CNN or MSNBC when that story broke.

I believe that wasn't the first incident involving Chauvin that Klobuchar could have prosecuted him for. Let's assume though that it was and as you suggest she turfed the job to her successor. WHY in God's name was that guy still on a city police force in a city that has been run by democrats for decades? The guy had a horrible track record with dozens of complaints against him. I realize that sometimes people complain for little or no reason but that guy's record was noteworthy. Frankly, IMO Kobluchar would have been a MUCH better President than Biden. You will note that Klobuchar was not defended by CNN or MSNBC when that story broke.
Turfed the job to her successor? WTF does that even mean? You think she should have rushed to judgement and pressed charges against him without a thorough review of the shooting?

And you're correct, the left-leaning media didn't defend Klobuchar. They were content to let people who clearly don't know their butt from a hole in the ground about the Reyes case babble on and on repeatedly about it.

Turfed the job to her successor? WTF does that even mean? You think she should have rushed to judgement and pressed charges against him without a thorough review of the shooting?

And you're correct, the left-leaning media didn't defend Klobuchar. They were content to let people who clearly don't know their butt from a hole in the ground about the Reyes case babble on and on repeatedly about it.
A "turf" is a term used by doctors when a colleague dumps a case on them usually late in the day. Klobuchar turfed that shooting death by cops to her successor. The left-leaning media babbled on about it also to the point that she dropped out. She could have ignored Fox news and Limbaugh. Her own party deserted her. It's too bad they drove off Gabbard. She was the most electable candidate they had IMO by far. She was too centrist and wouldn't promote the far left's agenda.

It's one of the problems with the "news". Nobody looks past the headlines myself included SOME times. A headline may be proven completely wrong a week later but nobody every corrects it.

ADVERTISEMENT