ADVERTISEMENT

Good job Duke...

I'm sure they've changed their minds because of this thread. Good job, you solved neo-marxism and racism 👍
They will change their minds when fans start tuning out and stop buying tickets. You will see they care about their money more than their faux outrage and phony BLM movement.

waiting for Mike Trico to explain that to you or just not notice until 8mins left in the game?

I don't care what your politics are, if you don't watch football because of a sticker, you're a p*ssy.
There's only a few ways to show you oppose something. You can loot and riot, or alternatively, not imbibe in whatever it is you disagree with. I don't have a problem with anyone tuning something out to make a point, sports included. It's happening. The thing is that all of these organizations and entities can virtue signal all day long, but what are they really doing, other than alienating a certain percentage of their audience? It accomplishes nothing, except make everyone doing it feel just a little bit better about themselves by making quadruple sure that everyone knows that they, like 98% of the Country, are against racism.

if you're taking political cues from 19-year old football players, I do not know what to tell you.

either you like football or you don't. allowing a sticker to sway you one way or another is softer than baby sh*t.

And stop watching sports too right?? Magically dissappear?? Really??
seems you're way ahead of me on that one, chief.

like I said, if it's that big a turn off, contribute to cancel culture and recuse yourself of something you claim to enjoy.

great way to go through life. sounds like a great time.

like I said, if it's that big a turn off, contribute to cancel culture and recuse yourself of something you claim to enjoy.

the NFL also has employed multiple murderers.

I'm watching for the football, not the ethics/morals/confirmation of political beliefs. these are pro athletes. not exactly the world's greatest thinkers. who cares what they say? they're, by and large, morons. they're not crafting policy or impacting it in any way.

if everyone must agree with you or stay silent in order for you to tune in, I'm shocked you still have a tv. politics/social issues have been front and center in sports since Jackie Robinson laced 'em up. this isn't new.

cancel culture coming for the nfl. soft.

the NFL also has employed multiple murderers.

I'm watching for the football, not the ethics/morals/confirmation of political beliefs. these are pro athletes. not exactly the world's greatest thinkers. who cares what they say? they're, by and large, morons. they're not crafting policy or impacting it in any way.

if everyone must agree with you or stay silent in order for you to tune in, I'm shocked you still have a tv. politics/social issues have been front and center in sports since Jackie Robinson laced 'em up. this isn't new.

cancel culture coming for the nfl. soft.

C'mon, you're better than this response.

C'mon, you're better than this response.
the political opinions of 19-35 year old athletes are neither here nor there to me. just like the political opinions of actors/musicians/artists.

imagine taking financial advice from the Lions' starting safety. you wouldn't. who cares what their politics are? enjoy their product or don't. letting politics sway one way or another is marshmallow soft.

Jonny J Ringo, you haven't thought this thru. If people want indoctrination they'll attend a rally. Many who consume this entertainment product do so to get away from the Nanny-state. You're declaring others must adopt your values or they are pussies. My birth certificate name is DICK MANLY, speaking for myself, I won't be adopting any values other than those given to me by my adoptive father: Chuck Norris

Jonny J Ringo, you haven't thought this thru. If people want indoctrination they'll attend a rally. Many who consume this entertainment product do so to get away from the Nanny-state. You're declaring others must adopt your values or they are pussies. My birth certificate name is DICK MANLY, speaking for myself, I won't be adopting any values other than those given to me by my adoptive father: Chuck Norris

no, I'm saying they're not actual football fans if a helmet sticker sends them off the deep end.

it's very easy to ignore politics if you actually enjoy the game. and I'm no bleeding heart, as everyone familiar with my posts can attest.

Reactions: ATX Husker
the political opinions of 19-35 year old athletes are neither here nor there to me. just like the political opinions of actors/musicians/artists.

imagine taking financial advice from the Lions' starting safety. you wouldn't. who cares what their politics are? enjoy their product or don't. letting politics sway one way or another is marshmallow soft.

It's the messaging, and I 100% appreciate how it can be seen as offensive. If you don't care that much, that's terrific, other's do. Turning off a program isn't close to cancel culture.

no, I'm saying they're not actual football fans if a helmet sticker sends them off the deep end.

it's very easy to ignore politics if you actually enjoy the game. and I'm no bleeding heart, as everyone familiar with my posts can attest.
I agree with much of what you say, but there is a breaking point. My breaking point may not be yours, and certainly you and hbk have different breaking points...

I don’t agree that someone who doesn’t watch isn’t a real fan... I think that’s an overstatement. I agree, I should be able to ignore all of the politics. If Nebraska were playing today, I would ignore it much easier.

The fact that I haven’t turned my tv on to college football today doesn’t make me a non-fan. It just means I don’t have a team to cheer for right now, which sucks. And, quite frankly, all of the politics isn’t making me want to tune in either.

Next week may be different for me. Today is a sucky day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT