ADVERTISEMENT

Golf Inquiry

leodisflowers

Assistant Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Have any of the golfers on here tried the one-length irons? I’m looking to try something different and curious if anyone has gone this route?

I have, but only once. I’ve got a buddy that had his 4 iron made the same length as his 7 iron. I hit it about as far as I hit my regular length 4 iron. Pretty sweet deal IMO.

Bought a set of cleveland launcher irons. Best golf move i ever made. Hit my hybreds well, at times not so well my irons. Too many greens missed. These things are like hitting little hybreds. More greens.

Have any of the golfers on here tried the one-length irons? I’m looking to try something different and curious if anyone has gone this route?
I use Cobra One Length irons and I really like them.

I feel like I’m sacrificing a little bit of distance, but the consistency definitely makes up for it.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I don't play golf anymore but just out of curiosity - what is the shaft length on these clubs? Like a 6-iron?

I don't play golf anymore but just out of curiosity - what is the shaft length on these clubs? Like a 6-iron?
"ONE Length promotes one setup and one swing to simplify the process, allowing golfers to swing every iron like a 7 iron"
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ite-19cbrmspdznngph5girn/19cbrmspdznngph5girn

Looked it up cause I was curios as well. I dont play NEAR enough to justify spending the cash. I play 1-3 times a year anymore. Used to play league, but then the kids' schedule changed and cant play that night anymore.

Reactions: drmd
I bought them, and have been trying to get used to them on the range. It is very interesting and will just change my game a little bit. This is me personally, but below is my stock distances with Cobra King Forged One Length vs. Taylor M2's I have as well. I've rounded, but you get the gist. I hit the one length straighter and it is very easy to work the ball, but the distance really drops off on the longer irons for me. With that said, it isn't that big of a deal because I play golf for fun and a lot of times aren't playing the tips at long tracks. It is weird to get used to and training yourself to have the same setup for every club.

PW - 155 vs. 145
9 Iron - 165 vs. 160
8 Iron - 170 vs. 170
7 Iron - 180 vs. 180
6 Iron - 185 vs. 195
5 Iron - 190 vs. 205
4 Iron - 195 vs. 215
3 Iron - vs. 225

"ONE Length promotes one setup and one swing to simplify the process, allowing golfers to swing every iron like a 7 iron"
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ite-19cbrmspdznngph5girn/19cbrmspdznngph5girn

Looked it up cause I was curios as well. I dont play NEAR enough to justify spending the cash. I play 1-3 times a year anymore. Used to play league, but then the kids' schedule changed and cant play that night anymore.
Just choke up on your longer irons and woods and you'll probably hit them more consistently. I used to golf WAY too much and now only get out a couple of times a year. I found that just choking up on my driver helped me actually hit it more consistently and longer. When in doubt, always hit the iron you are most comfortable with. For me that's a 5 iron or a choked up fairway 4 wood for a little more length. Short irons are just a matter of form and practice practice practice. I'm not sure longer 8 thru wedge would help people.

Just choke up on your longer irons and woods and you'll probably hit them more consistently. I used to golf WAY too much and now only get out a couple of times a year. I found that just choking up on my driver helped me actually hit it more consistently and longer. When in doubt, always hit the iron you are most comfortable with. For me that's a 5 iron or a choked up fairway 4 wood for a little more length. Short irons are just a matter of form and practice practice practice. I'm not sure longer 8 thru wedge would help people.

Anthony Kim won the US Open with short shafts and chocking down. You get more tork and control.

This will piss some off...but most of you dorks are horrible at golf...some of you are "good" at golf with the clubs you have...none of you are making any tour and none of you are shooting scratch golf (without some "cheating") so just play the clubs you have and realize that golf is about getting out with your friends and drinking...

This will piss some off...but most of you dorks are horrible at golf...some of you are "good" at golf with the clubs you have...none of you are making any tour and none of you are shooting scratch golf (without some "cheating") so just play the clubs you have and realize that golf is about getting out with your friends and drinking...
You can be scratch and not be anywhere close to making any kind of tour. Those guys are at a level most can't comprehend.

I bought them, and have been trying to get used to them on the range. It is very interesting and will just change my game a little bit. This is me personally, but below is my stock distances with Cobra King Forged One Length vs. Taylor M2's I have as well. I've rounded, but you get the gist. I hit the one length straighter and it is very easy to work the ball, but the distance really drops off on the longer irons for me. With that said, it isn't that big of a deal because I play golf for fun and a lot of times aren't playing the tips at long tracks. It is weird to get used to and training yourself to have the same setup for every club.

PW - 155 vs. 145
9 Iron - 165 vs. 160
8 Iron - 170 vs. 170
7 Iron - 180 vs. 180
6 Iron - 185 vs. 195
5 Iron - 190 vs. 205
4 Iron - 195 vs. 215
3 Iron - vs. 225

Interesting idea since the entire idea of the the shorter irons is more precision. Can you avoid giving that up while gaining another benefit with them?

I don’t really ever use any iron under my 7i. I drive pretty far and in some instances I use my 4h. I can’t really hit my 4i with any consistency.
I’m like a 15 handicap so I’m not exactly great.

Id like to try those irons just to see if it would make my game consistent with those clubs.

I do hit my 7i 200 yards occasionally. And right down the fairway. So I’ll probably just stick with my clubs since I only play a couple times a month

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I have such a kit, used it about 2-3 times. To be honest, I did not notice any changes ...
It seems to me that this is not the most important thing in the game. It is much more important to find comfortable golf clubs and other equipment that is always used. Also, do not forget that your game skill plays a key role. No matter how professional your equipment is, if you can't play, the equipment won't save you. More training means more success. It seems to me that this is one of the key rules of any game that any person who wants to develop in a certain area should follow ... Wow, I have moved away from the topic. In short, this is not the most important thing in the game, it is better to spend money on something more useful.

I don’t really ever use any iron under my 7i. I drive pretty far and in some instances I use my 4h. I can’t really hit my 4i with any consistency.
I’m like a 15 handicap so I’m not exactly great.

Id like to try those irons just to see if it would make my game consistent with those clubs.

I do hit my 7i 200 yards occasionally. And right down the fairway. So I’ll probably just stick with my clubs since I only play a couple times a month

How can you hit 200 yard 7i but not hit a 4i? I’m about a 15 handicap also and I absolutely love my 4i. And I probably hit my 4i about 200 yards.

i guess you just don’t have to hit it so much so you just aren’t as comfortable. I have 4 and 5 iron in all the time though.

How can you hit 200 yard 7i but not hit a 4i? I’m about a 15 handicap also and I absolutely love my 4i. And I probably hit my 4i about 200 yards.

i guess you just don’t have to hit it so much so you just aren’t as comfortable. I have 4 and 5 iron in all the time though.

I don’t have consistency with it. Or really any need for it so I rarely use it.

I use it for punch shots out of the woods, mostly

To be fair we are talking maybe 2" difference in shaft length and 12 degrees of loft difference. Makes it a lot harder to be accurate with a 4i.

Plus Harvey would agree with him hitting the 7i a lot. ;)

To be fair we are talking maybe 2" difference in shaft length and 12 degrees of loft difference. Makes it a lot harder to be accurate with a 4i.

Plus Harvey would agree with him hitting the 7i a lot. ;)

I agree it is a little tougher to be more accurate with 2" more of shaft length.

ADVERTISEMENT