ADVERTISEMENT

God forbid... what IF Nebraska were to lose this weekend?

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
Look, we've seen it every year. Upsets happen. The team could be down a bit after the rough start and it appears Southern Miss can put some points on the board.

If Nebraska turns the ball over, it's not out of the question that they could be upset to fall to 1-3.

IF this happens, what type of reaction would you have? What type of reaction do you believe will come from the fans as a whole? Will Eichorst be on the hot seat for what would appear to be a bad hire?

Personally, I think Nebraska takes care of business because I think Riley seems to have a calm demeanor and focuses on overall improvement from week to week. Even if, on the off chance Nebraska would lose to Southern Miss, I would stand firm as a fan and a supporter of the Riley hire. If however, there is no sign of improvement over the entire course of the season, then I might start to be a bit more vocal.

Others?

Honestly, I wouldn't like it, but I'd get over it, and quick... The game this Saturday means next to nothing. The real season starts in Illinois the week after. Things get real then.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
The consistent babble about players that suck would rise to an excruciating, ear drum piercing, level. Right now that babble is only excruciatingly painful.

Reactions: baseball31ne
The consistent babble about players that suck would rise to an excruciating, ear drum piercing, level. Right now that babble is only excruciatingly painful.
Just like when you killed our qb last year. Drop the act

If this happens we will be on the verge of Armageddon. I also probably will have to quit my job because I work with a ton of Aggies and I've already taken a beating this year. Can't imagine if we lost again..

Reactions: Doniphan89
So would the consistent babble that the coaches suck and we should have never hired them. It goes both ways Tom… I wish you would recognize that it goes both ways.

It would ruin our perfect 1 - 2 season? All kidding aside, we can cross that bridge when we get to it. Personally, I'd like to think we win the game.

Honestly, I wouldn't like it, but I'd get over it, and quick... The game this Saturday means next to nothing. The real season starts in Illinois the week after. Things get real then.
Next to nothing? You really mean that?

Well I suppose that the earth will keep spinning, my wife will keep spending, the kids will keep whining, and the games will keep being played, but saying meh to a USM loss, at home, is unbelievable. Posters fumed for years because Nebraska couldn't beat MSU on the road, or OSU on the road, or Wisconsin seemingly anywhere; this year it'd be just slightly less than ok to go 1-3 non conference with a loss to a middling, non-power five bottom-feeder.

I cannot fathom how any fan could think this way.

I'd be mad, the team would move on, and posters here would call each other names. So yeah, the world would keep spinning.

If it happens it will really feel like Callahan 2.0... Didn't he lose to southern miss at home his first year?

I'm not sure things would change around here much more than the first 2 losses. New usernames with no posts will pop up wanting to fire Riley, posters will call other posters names, people will be accused of being Bo lovers, people will be accused of not wanting to win, Riley will be accused of being soft, Banker will be vilified, trolls will troll, etc. Pretty much status quo lately.

yeah, as if things would magically improve then and you'd be right to just discard all the data on the team up to that point...

Well I suppose that the earth will keep spinning, my wife will keep spending, the kids will keep whining, and the games will keep being played, but saying meh to a USM loss, at home, is unbelievable. Posters fumed for years because Nebraska couldn't beat MSU on the road, or OSU on the road, or Wisconsin seemingly anywhere; this year it'd be just slightly less than ok to go 1-3 non conference with a loss to a middling, non-power five bottom-feeder.

I can. Football is simply a game, there's no need to become suicidal over something we can't control. I love it when the Huskers win, especially the rare times when we win and weren't supposed to. But in the grand scheme of life, it's a very small trivial thing. Most of us are just butt hurt we can't brag about how great we are anymore.

I can. Football is simply a game, there's no need to become suicidal over something we can't control. I love it when the Huskers win, especially the rare times when we win and weren't supposed to. But in the grand scheme of life, it's a very small trivial thing. Most of us are just butt hurt we can't brag about how great we are anymore.

th

yeah, as if things would magically improve then and you'd be right to just discard all the data on the team up to that point...

I've stated from day 1 when Riley was hired that MY 1st year goals (Remember: Your goals don't matter to me, and my goals to don't matter to you or Mike Riley) for him were to salvage the Bo Pelini LOL recruiting class... He did, and added some good pieces of his own in the process, and to challenge and hopefully win the B1G West. That challenge starts next week. I've viewed the Non-conference schedule as nothing more than preseason games this year, to get the team ready for conference play. Would I have liked to win them all? Of course, but I wasn't expecting to, and it isn't eating me up that we lost on a Hail Mary and an Interception in Overtime. A loss this weekend would hurt, no doubt. But I'd quickly turn and what's ahead on the schedule. Illinois matters about a 1000 times more than Southern Miss means to me.

And perhaps things will magically improve. How you ask? I don't know, maybe because the passing offenses of the B1G west for the most part a joke and the talent level of these school are equal to or worse than ours. We can, and will beat our fair share of these teams, and with any luck at all be right in the mix for the west at the end of the season.

So, basically as the Aaron Rodgers would say...

Reactions: StrongArm517
We have a rookie base drummer (or possible walk on),,,, somebody tell him to bang it and lead the crowd in..............

D Fence bum bum
D Fence bum bum

Bla bla bla people said miami sucked too. they didnt do anything special to us. You act like no other team in the big 10 will be able to get a playmaker isolated on one of our LBs or throw a slant when our DBs are playing 10 yards off the los.

It should be very worrying to you that your hopes for the rest of the season rely on the other teams we face being bad, so bad that youre somehow willing to overlook all these glaring deficiencies we have.

That doesnt make sense.

Bla bla bla people said miami sucked too. they didnt do anything special to us. You act like no other team in the big 10 will be able to get a playmaker isolated on one of our LBs or throw a slant when our DBs are playing 10 yards off the los.

It should be very worrying to you that your hopes for the rest of the season rely on the other teams we face being bad, so bad that youre somehow willing to overlook all these glaring deficiencies we have.

That doesnt make sense.

Man, seriously... how do you live with yourself. You sound miserable.

Your mind is clearly made up 3 games into the 1st season of a new coach, so I'm not going to argue with you (I could though, but why waste the time). Have fun being the Debbie downer of the group.

I think we win but it won't be pretty. Something like 42-38. I just don't trust that banker can stop anybody. If we give up 500+ yards again Riley will need to make some coaching changes similar to what Texas did with watts.

If Nebraska wins by 4 against USM, and in doing so gives up big points - this will be a fight to .500 at the end of the season.

This game is much more important to me than a preseason game because it will either give this team the confidence that they are on the right track or it will raise more flags about their ability to compete with the bigger boys in the conference.

I see the game opened with Nebraska -24.5 and has moved to -21.5. A sign that the sharps are playing USM right now. I'll be paying close attention to this one and also believe we come out with a win. Athletically, Nebraska should be vastly superior to USM, so there should be no excuses in this one.

...and God forbid...what if we were to beat Sparty this year?

It seems people may have misinterpreted my post as a negative one. I only threw out the scenario as it is a possibility and I wanted to see how people would respond. I do believe Nebraska is likely to compete with Sparty or at least with Wisconsin as if we're to follow Riley's past teams, even his not-so-talented ones do rise up on occasion and knock off someone better. I am hopeful that we see steady improvement throughout the year, and that's what I expect to see.

I think we win but it won't be pretty. Something like 42-38. I just don't trust that banker can stop anybody. If we give up 500+ yards again Riley will need to make some coaching changes similar to what Texas did with watts.

Banker is a long time close friend to Riley. Not going to happen considering this defense has about half the talent of the defense he just left.

Banker is a long time close friend to Riley. Not going to happen considering this defense has about half the talent of the defense he just left.
If that's true that Oregon State has more defensive talent than Nebraska and they still put up the kinds of numbers they did (average and below) then we've got a serious problem. I have been hoping the talent level on defense is on par with what was at Oregon State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT