ADVERTISEMENT

Giving a pass on 2020

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
I'm mean, we weren't supposed to play. Frost got on the mic and in front of the cameras and said Nebraska wanted to play.

So, we played some football. Got a game cancelled. It has been some crazy times with COVID and the election year mashed on top of one another.

But we finished under .400.

.375 to be exact. It's the actual average for Scott Frost during his three years as the head coach of NU.

So, we're we supposed to give Frost a pass for this past year because of COVID? Is that still the thinking? I remember us talking about this before the season.

Now, after the season is over, do we allow him that grace?

I'm struggling with it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
So, we're we supposed to give Frost a pass for this past year because of COVID? Is that still the thinking? I remember us talking about this before the season.

I'm struggling with it.
He just needs to get rid of the Riley players, then the players that had any contact with Riley players. Once we’re through those cycles, it will be winning seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I'm mean, we weren't supposed to play. Frost got on the mic and in front of the cameras and said Nebraska wanted to play.

So, we played some football. Got a game cancelled. It has been some crazy times with COVID and the election year mashed on top of one another.

.375 to be exact. It's the actual average for Scott Frost during his three years as the head coach of NU.

I'm struggling with it.

I’m half a glass half full, half glass empty on this being SF 3rd season..

Yes they played 8 games, Yes they didn’t start till the end of October when other conferences had 4 or 5 games already in the book..

No we didn’t get to play Purdue to start the season at home or 3 non conference games and yes Cincinnati would have cleaned or clocks at most likely would have went into the Northwestern game 3-1 instead of playing at Ohio St sitting out the next week since Wisconsin didn’t want to risk playing because of their top 2 QB and head coach out with Covid..

But the same problems SF had his first 2 years happen in the 8 games too..
Very poor special teams that appeared getting worse instead of better except FG which was a pleasant surprise ,but very little kicks the end zone and average at best punter.. Scratch head playing calling also came to light opening the 2 games with a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage 🤪..
And having opportunities winning 3 games against NW, Ioway and Minnesota with either missed assignments or turning the ball over at the most critical time of the game either to win or gain momentum...

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

I'm struggling with it.
flush 2020. Sucked in most ways for most people. Time to look forward to new opportunities. I'm giving all of Nebraska's sports teams a mulligan. I'm over it.

Lol. No one gets a pass in big boy football. Every other school across the board made changes if they saw it necessary. We are what are record says.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I'm not putting too much stock in the 2020 season myself. No spring practice. Goofy fall camp. Players opting out. No fans. Bizarro world.

I am happy we played though. It's my entertainment and consumes my time which keeps me out of trouble, mostly.

I did learn our B1G leadership has dung for brains.

Big boy football is the NFL and they played a full season without very many hiccups...College football players are student athletes..
the SEC and ACC played a full season, too.

nobody gets a pass. ever. they all dealt with the same exact situation. some did it better than others. just like regular times.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I was just wondering if I was being too hard on Scott Frost for the season. I remembered that we were all talking about giving a pass to the season because of covid-19. Now, I'm wondering how to factor in this season into Scott Frost's body of work. Do we grade on a curve or does he still get an "F"?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT