ADVERTISEMENT

getting someone who knows the lay of the land

tpmcg

Assistant Head Coach
Mar 25, 2002
would it be prudent to hiree a headhunter to identify candidates for AD and any other positions in future? 'going it alone' track record has been abysmal. ive heard more names over the years that woulda been great hires that were interested, but as far as I know were ever called.

maybe it was bs they were interested...

I believe they have used headhunters/consultants in past AD/coaching searches. There are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes that don't get reported in the news. Feelers are put out to gauge interest, without formal meetings, interviews, negotiations, or offers being made. Current AD's or coaches don't necessarily want their employers, fans, or the local sports media knowing that they were talking to another school.

I'm sure the same thing will happen this time.

I believe they have used headhunters/consultants in past AD/coaching searches. There are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes that don't get reported in the news. Feelers are put out to gauge interest, without formal meetings, interviews, negotiations, or offers being made. Current AD's or coaches don't necessarily want their employers, fans, or the local sports media knowing that they were talking to another school.

I'm sure the same thing will happen this time.

Wait what? Can an AD, acting on his own, also put out feelers and do things behind the scenes? I am told the last search was one guy focused on one only one guy. ha ha ha ha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT