ADVERTISEMENT

Gettin worse every game

These guys have no heart. Spoiled entitled bitches that were inherited from the worst coach we have ever had. Frost will clean this up, but it’s a bigger mess than I ever imagined. We will get better but at some point we are going to have to play heart over talent, it may not change the outcome, but will substantially improve the culture

These guys have no heart. Spoiled entitled bitches that were inherited from the worst coach we have ever had. Frost will clean this up, but it’s a bigger mess than I ever imagined. We will get better but at some point we are going to have to play heart over talent, it may not change the outcome, but will substantially improve the culture
Will he? He inherited a mess but the guy can’t even get his team ready to play.

I think things will get better, but it's time to name Andrew the starter and move forward. Maybe you can still redshirt Martinez, but I take this off his shoulders and go with Andrew. I think as soon as you do this, things will start to turn around.

If we cant get the talent get the guys who really want to be here, who want to be a husker...like wisconsin type players. They obviously dont have talent to the level of Alabamas or Ohio states but they still perform well and mistake free for the most part.

We all agree Frost inherited a mess. However, it's discouraging that we have not seen improvement in any phase of the game yet. Not even special teams, stupid penalties, turnovers, effort, etc.

Reactions: Dadmaster
What? @nikki
you can read can't you?

Whatever it is, there is some sort of funk with Martinez back there and things seem to settle themselves down when Bunch is in. Maybe it is just because Andrew is older. But that is what I would do, and I am willing to bet as soon as you do that, things will start to get better and the offense starts to play as a team and you can work Martinez in here and there.

so you thought things went better on offense vs Troy than Colorado?
I think there is a problem with team identity on offense.. and I think Andrew is more mature in how he is operating things, especially today. It sounds a little backwards, but from a psychology standpoint, I am willing to bet it would work.

you can read can't you?

Whatever it is, there is some sort of funk with Martinez back there and things seem to settle themselves down when Bunch is in. Maybe it is just because Andrew is older. But that is what I would do, and I am willing to bet as soon as you do that, things will start to get better and the offense starts to play as a team and you can work Martinez in here and there.

I can read, but I couldn’t believe that someone was suggesting what I thought you were suggesting, which is why I asked you “what?” Thank you for confirming what I thought, that you proposed one of the dumbest things I have ever read. You should self-impose some sanctions on yourself. Maybe take a month or so off, from everything.

I think there is a problem with team identity on offense.. and I think Andrew is more mature in how he is operating things, especially today. It sounds a little backwards, but from a psychology standpoint, I am willing to bet it would work.
Bunch had a better game today than Martinez. He also wasn’t picking himself off the turf after every single play either. Michigan definitely called the dogs off in the second half, either intentionally, or by virtue of backups being not as good as starters. But to say the team will play better with Bunch over Martinez, I guess I say it’s too early for me to go there yet.

Reactions: headcard
I think things will get better, but it's time to name Andrew the starter and move forward. Maybe you can still redshirt Martinez, but I take this off his shoulders and go with Andrew. I think as soon as you do this, things will start to turn around.
Bunch played better. Not sure if Martinez is 100% though

I can read, but I couldn’t believe that someone was suggesting what I thought you were suggesting, which is why I asked you “what?” Thank you for confirming what I thought, that you proposed one of the dumbest things I have ever read. You should self-impose some sanctions on yourself. Maybe take a month or so off, from everything.
here we go again... just like last week, everything I have been saying has been pretty much on the mark so far. So, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, but you can think whatever you like.

here we go again... just like last week, everything I have been saying has been pretty much on the mark so far. So, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, but you can think whatever you like.
Saying Bunch gives us a better chance than Martinez? Is that why he was 3rd string all fall?

If what you say pans out, I will call you Nostradamus and never doubt you again. But I can’t bring myself to agree that Bunch is better for the team and therefore gives us a better shot at winning.

I’ve seen Michigan play. They aren’t Alabama. Today was woeful. We were bad, everywhere

What you saw today was a Michigan team that has been under the guidance of Harbough for four years. Yes they have flaws and are not meeting expectations of beating OSU and MSU but the recruiting, development and culture is all in place there.

What you saw from us today are some guys who were recruited by Pelini. Played under “smilin no accountability Mike” and “psycho Diaco” , and are now learning a new system with Frost. They have been through the ringer so many times because they were never developed. When Michigan jumped on us, I saw that look of defeat. As for the remaining schedule, We will get absolutely squashed at least 3 more times this year. The good news, there are 5 opponents that we can defeat and we can start to build momentum and culture. Myself I’m glad this game is over and I’ll be happy to get the OSU game out of thr way as well. We are nowhere close to being on their level.

We’ve lost seven games on a row including blowouts by Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan. We’ve allow 310 points in those seven games. I doubt if it continues to get worse. Is that even possible?

He is not the same kid that played in the spring game. No where near the same.
But how can you measure that? In the spring game he went up against our OLine. Today was michigan’s OLine. Of course he wasn’t the same kid. He was destroyed today over and over again. With our OLine play today I think we would say every QB in the game wouldn’t look like they did before.

But how can you measure that? In the spring game he went up against our OLine. Today was michigan’s OLine. Of course he wasn’t the same kid. He was destroyed today over and over again. With our OLine play today I think we would say every QB in the game wouldn’t look like they did before.
To me he appeared quicker. Ran more determinedly. It's my observation.

What you saw today was a Michigan team that has been under the guidance of Harbough for four years. Yes they have flaws and are not meeting expectations of beating OSU and MSU but the recruiting, development and culture is all in place there.

What you saw from us today are some guys who were recruited by Pelini. Played under “smilin no accountability Mike” and “psycho Diaco” , and are now learning a new system with Frost. They have been through the ringer so many times because they were never developed. When Michigan jumped on us, I saw that look of defeat. As for the remaining schedule, We will get absolutely squashed at least 3 more times this year. The good news, there are 5 opponents that we can defeat and we can start to build momentum and culture. Myself I’m glad this game is over and I’ll be happy to get the OSU game out of thr way as well. We are nowhere close to being on their level.

Harbaugh took over a 5 win team (3 conf wins) and won 10 his first year. No one is expecting 10 wins but there should be improvement.

To me he appeared quicker. Ran more determinedly. It's my observation.
If we are talking about Martinez, I’m not trying to be argumentative, but he didn’t have any room to run. At all.

Maybe he should have escaped some of those sacks, I don’t know, but I just felt like he had no chance today to show us how recovered he is.

Brady Hoke left him with two Top 10 recruiting classes. That's a little different than what Frost inherited.

No one is expecting 10 wins. Harbaugh’s record was commensurate with the recruiting rankings he inherited.

Similar to your argument Riley left Frost 2 classes ranked 20 and 24th. Are we a top 25 .... hell, a top 50 team?

No one is expecting 10 wins. Harbaugh’s record was commensurate with the recruiting rankings he inherited. Will Frost’s record ?
Probably not. If history is any indicator, Scott has never won a game as nebraksa’s Head coach. He will go 0-12 this year.

Or, we could wait and see if he gets 4 or more wins this year before declaring him a failure.

Your call.

Probably not. If history is any indicator, Scott has never won a game as nebraksa’s Head coach. He will go 0-12 this year.

Or, we could wait and see if he gets 4 or more wins this year before declaring him a failure.

Your call.

I have not ever called the Frost hire a failure -
But this season is looking like one. 4 wins would be a failed season IMO.

I have not ever called the Frost hire a failure -
But this season is looking like one. 4 wins would be a failed season IMO.
So if frost matches last year’s record with a new offense and new coaches that’s a failure?

Generally I would agree, but I believe the issues are way more than just coaching.

I would agree with a 4 win season. I hope that a lot of young guys get some valuable experience this year. KEEP THE FAITH HUSKER NATION!

So if frost matches last year’s record with a new offense and new coaches that’s a failure?

Generally I would agree, but I believe the issues are way more than just coaching.

Every single person associated with this program would have characterized a repeat 4 win season as a failed year one prior to the start of the season. I fully support Frost but I don’t think expectations need to lowered because we are afraid of some hurt feelings. Expectations were already very cautious - expecting Frost to be able to win just 2 more games than Riley wasn’t asking him to walk on water.

Again, I’m sure some examples exist but how many highly successful coaches took over a losing program and didn’t increase the win total in year 1. Frost can still do this.

Reactions: huskerwa
This needs to be big picture and not a 4 wins is a failure, 6 wins is a success thing. We need to establish a culture of hard work, find out who can and will compete and recruit better athletes. We all need this thing to work and it has a lot better chance if we are supportive. This team knows they are not very good right now, they need support so they don’t fold. Hope the home crowed rallies behind them and they play well early next week.

This needs to be big picture and not a 4 wins is a failure, 6 wins is a success thing. We need to establish a culture of hard work, find out who can and will compete and recruit better athletes. We all need this thing to work and it has a lot better chance if we are supportive. This team knows they are not very good right now, they need support so they don’t fold. Hope the home crowed rallies behind them and they play well early next week.
Thank you for that! Agreed. GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT