ADVERTISEMENT

Get ready for Nebraska getting the toughest schedule by far

"Hey uh...how come every other team has 5 road games and we have 8? Does this look weird to anyone that we play at Iowa, at Wisconsin, at Minnesota, at Penn State, at Michigan, at Ohio State all in a row before we're home against Northwestern?"

Reactions: dinglefritz
I thought I was on the Iowa board for a minute. I think it’s ridiculous that Barry is in charge of scheduling. I will guarantee Wisconsin doesn’t play OSU.

Did Wisconsin have Bucknuts on their original schedule? Not the one in August..

If not I can understand not being on the 8 game schedule...

Reactions: Red I 73
Missouri got to start with Alabama and LSU from the West. I suspect N will get somewhat similar treatment from the East.

Reactions: huskerfan66
What? Is this a real thing
He said on BIG this morning that conference will schedule. He was in charge of committee on competition and scheduling that came up withe the right games plus conference tourney that will put division teams to play a ninth game against the team that finished the same in the other division effectively guarantying a ninth game for all

I thought I was on the Iowa board for a minute. I think it’s ridiculous that Barry is in charge of scheduling. I will guarantee Wisconsin doesn’t play OSU.
I thought Barry was the chairman of the return to competition committee. Maybe on both I don't know

Reactions: SWIowahawks
He said on BIG this morning that conference will schedule. He was in charge of committee on competition and scheduling that came up withe the right games plus conference tourney that will put division teams to play a ninth game against the team that finished the same in the other division effectively guarantying a ninth game for all
No big deal. He loves us, he highly recommended SE so we know, clearly, that he’s on our side.

He was in charge of the committee that came up with the scheduling options. They presented 4 options for various start/end dates and number of games. Big Ten has a scheduling guru on staff that has been doing the game assignments for years. Every thinks he has it in for their team.

Yeah I think they'll still make Nebraska pay for their"insubordination". However I don't think a single coach or player cares at this point. So long as refs don't revert back to their Frost year 1 abuse, I could care less. Give us Ohio State every week - we'll take it and fight hard, win or lose!

how can neb have the toughest schedule when they play in the easiest division? the west is not good
And the funny part is, outside the OU Sooners, every BIG 10 West team would own every Big 12 team. So what’s that say about the Weak 12 conference as a whole? Hell, I think Wisconsin might beat OU in a head to head game...and Wisconsin isn’t even the 2nd best BIG 10 team and OU is the Weak 12s best (and it’s not even close, Weak 12s best to the 2nd best team). Just saying.....

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
Let's see Nebraska has played both Michigan and Penn State 4 times since joining the Big 10. Both Michigan and Penn State have played 3 out of the 4 games at home...Big 10 is a joke.

agreed on that part, that part is absolutely BS. Frost first year when we played Michigan, that game should have been in Lincoln, NOT Michigan. I’m still dumbfounded on why we had to play them at Michigan that year.

I don’t see why Moos or who ever isn’t all over the BIG 10 about that. OR maybe they are, I don’t know. If not, they should be.

Without my fans except for the parents of the players I don’t see any home field advantage this year for anyone...

What will be more concerning is the weather during the month of December..

Reactions: huskerssalts
Did Wisconsin have Bucknuts on their original schedule? Not the one in August..

If not I can understand not being on the 8 game schedule...
I don’t think they had OSU on the original schedule.

I believe the Purdue? AD said the schedules will be pretty much what was announced in August. Minus a crossover obviously. I’m hoping that means Iowa gets to drop OSU or PSU and not MSU.

Edit: I was wrong and he said the original schedule that’s been in place for years.

Last edited:
To be fair, playing most of the teams in the conference at this stage of Husker football is a tough schedule.

outside of OSU, that’s goes for ever team. It’s not like the 90s anymore, most teams are close in talent levels. One example, if we wasn’t screwing up as bad as we was, we should have blown Illinois out. Weeks later Illinois hands Wisconsin a lose. So yeah, unless your Bama, Georgia, Clemson, OSU, and those guys, all games are tough schedules.

Sorry but it is time for Husker fans to stop crying and put their big boy pants on. When the Huskers start winning close games and not losing games they should have won then they can cry about the schedule. Until then man up and face the teams put on the schedule with no complaint. Let me have it all you want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT