ADVERTISEMENT

Gene Smith: Advisory Committee didn't even know Kevin Warren

I have been involved in a couple of hires where looks was an issue.

One was for band teacher primarily in my building (HS) and at the JH and some elementary. Came down to an attractive young lady a goofy looking guy. I happened to know people at the college she graduated from, she didn't impress me even with her looks. The other two principals wanted her. We were deadlocked and the supe finally gave in to me since they would be in my.buikding the most. He did an awesome job, kids loved him, she bombed at her first job.

In another I started a new private school and we needed to hire a receptionist/secretary. Several applicants and one was at the bottom of my list but the top of a couple men board members. One said, it is important we have someone with "that look." She was a disaster, wore questionable clothing and was helpless in the office but she did "have that look" for sure. I retired and the next person who took over fired her.

Reactions: huskerfan66

One was for band teacher primarily in my building (HS) and at the JH and some elementary. Came down to an attractive young lady a goofy looking guy. I happened to know people at the college she graduated from, she didn't impress me even with her looks. The other two principals wanted her. We were deadlocked and the supe finally gave in to me since they would be in my.buikding the most. He did an awesome job, kids loved him, she bombed at her first job.

In another I started a new private school and we needed to hire a receptionist/secretary. Several applicants and one was at the bottom of my list but the top of a couple men board members. One said, it is important we have someone with "that look." She was a disaster, wore questionable clothing and was helpless in the office but she did "have that look" for sure. I retired and the next person who took over fired her.
Essentially the same process the B10 used to hire Kevin Warren. Obviously. The dopes on this board think hiring an AD for major conference like a Runza manager hiring summer help.

You’re the only one in the world that thinks he did a remarkable job his first year leading the B1G..

The guy’s a clown show..
what criteria are you using to evaluate the guy? The clown show is in your mirror. Imagine taking anything Steve Sipple says or writes as some kind of valuable insight.

If she did not impress you with her looks, she was not good looking.

what criteria are you using to evaluate the guy? The clown show is in your mirror. Imagine taking anything Steve Sipple says or writes as some kind of valuable insight.
Tell us what he has done this past year to get your utmost respect?

You would know a good asshole from the looks of your name

200w.gif

And not one dental hygienist has ever been married. Divorced, sure, engaged, sure, single, sure, dating, sure, married? Nope.

Years ago I got a root canal done and the DH was hot (I can link her fake modeling page!), so after I left, I called back and asked for her, told her I wanted to take her out for a drink, she gave me her digits and of course was "dating someone"...so nothing happened, then 4-5 months later she texts me, tells me she is single and we went out...lets just say that I got in her root canal, if you know what I mean.

We ****ed, I wasn't sure if that was clear.
Was she a squirter?

horrible-bosses-quotes-10.gif

Reactions: BigTimeFan75
If she did not impress you with her looks, she was not good looking.
read it again - she had the looks, for sure, but I didn't like the rest of the package - you know, the actual part of teaching, getting something done, accomplished - little things like that.

read it again - she had the looks, for sure, but I didn't like the rest of the package - you know, the actual part of teaching, getting something done, accomplished - little things like that.
Did you say music teacher and she was hot and you didn't hire her?

Yeah, you ****ed up.

Warren was hired because he's black, there I said it.
It goes a little deeper than that BUT it was no doubt a factor. As importantly when he was in the Twin Cities he was buddies with the U.S. Attorney from Minnesota who was appointed by Obama. He was subsequently replaced during Trump's tenure and went to work for the B1G. Being the COO of the Vikings IMO does not translate to being the commissioner of a P5 conference.
No doubt the school presidents wanted somebody they could control unlike his predecessor.

His Notre Dame law degree is thought by some to maybe give the B1G some sway in getting Notre Dame to join the conference. Piss poor logic IMO. He's turned out to be a horrible hire with no vision for the conference.

am i just sensing the old days kinda where the b1g plays the pac12 in the rose & fiesta bowl and the sec and acc play in orange & sugar?
2 mega conferences that maybe never play each other?
or very much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT