ADVERTISEMENT

Gene Smith: Advisory Committee didn't even know Kevin Warren

Wait. I thought several people on here have gone on record saying Kevin Warren only does what he's told to by the schools???

Warren was hired because he's black, there I said it.
200w.gif

I love that some people are shocked that people MIGHT just might get hired based on how they look.

Flashback about 5 years ago, I am going to interview at a really nice growing district just outside of Omaha. I get there early and am in the parking lot, collecting my thoughts. Out walks this guy and as he gets closer I literally could not look away, it looked like he was made in a lab, one of the most handsome men I have ever seen. I remember thinking to myself "I hope there are not a lot of female teachers that are doing the interviewing today", because I had seen it the other way a million times, hot girl comes in for an interview and always gets the job.

So I walk in and meet the principal, he says there will be like 5 people conducting the interview. I walk in and take a seat.

Principal was a dude, the other 4???

Middle aged woman (who was still blushing and smiling)
Middle aged woman
Two late 20's women.

I got a call the next morning that I did not get the job, but I know who did get it!

Ever see dental hygienists? They are all young and hot.

Do you really think that looks do not play a part, ever, in the hiring process?

I get fighting the good fight and being a social justice warrior but you do know people are often hired because of many other reasons than their qualifications, right?
I am living proof of this very factual statement

Reactions: ATX Husker
I am living proof of this very factual statement
So am I and I really don't even think it is a horrible thing, If it was only based on your qualifications there would only be phone/blind interviews.

We used to joke all the time when I worked at a sales place one summer "Check out this hottie that is interviewing today, 100% she gets the job"

I love that some people are shocked that people MIGHT just might get hired based on how they look.

Flashback about 5 years ago, I am going to interview at a really nice growing district just outside of Omaha. I get there early and am in the parking lot, collecting my thoughts. Out walks this guy and as he gets closer I literally could not look away, it looked like he was made in a lab, one of the most handsome men I have ever seen. I remember thinking to myself "I hope there are not a lot of female teachers that are doing the interviewing today", because I had seen it the other way a million times, hot girl comes in for an interview and always gets the job.

So I walk in and meet the principal, he says there will be like 5 people conducting the interview. I walk in and take a seat.

Middle aged woman
Two late 20's women.

I got a call the next morning that I did not get the job, but I know who did get it!

Many years ago we had an opening for a secretary/receptionist. The manager doing the hiring was very straight-laced and very Christian. We had three plain-looking, middle-aged lady applicants who all had great qualifications, long resumes, typed 80 words a minute, etc. The fourth applicant was a young hottie who showed up for the interview without a bra. Her only significant qualification listed on her resume was she had been a cheerleader at the local high school. I was shocked she got the job. I went and hassled the guy about maybe not being as devout as he portrayed. He said the receptionist part was the most important part of the job, she had a great personality, and she could learn the secretary part. She actually worked out really well and I have no doubt we got a lot of new business from clients who made excuses to stop by to flirt with her.

Many years ago we had an opening for a secretary/receptionist. The manager doing the hiring was very straight-laced and very Christian. We had three plain-looking, middle-aged lady applicants who all had great qualifications, long resumes, typed 80 words a minute, etc. The fourth applicant was a young hottie that showed up for the interview without a bra. Her only significant qualification listed on her resume was she had been a cheerleader at the local high school. I was shocked she got the job. I went and hassled the guy about maybe not being as devout as he portrayed. He said the receptionist part was the most important part of the job, she had a great personality, and she could learn the secretary part. She actually worked out really well and I have no doubt we got a lot of new business from clients that made excuses to stop by to flirt with her.
Hahaha! I love this!

I have a friend that will pretty much always hire the hottest girl to be his assistant, we joke about it all the time. He will sometimes even send me pictures of the final 2-3 and be like "guess which one I am hiring"

Or some milfs
And not one dental hygienist has ever been married. Divorced, sure, engaged, sure, single, sure, dating, sure, married? Nope.

Years ago I got a root canal done and the DH was hot (I can link her fake modeling page!), so after I left, I called back and asked for her, told her I wanted to take her out for a drink, she gave me her digits and of course was "dating someone"...so nothing happened, then 4-5 months later she texts me, tells me she is single and we went out...lets just say that I got in her root canal, if you know what I mean.

We ****ed, I wasn't sure if that was clear.

Middle aged woman
Two late 20's women.

I remember seeing you sitting in your car

And not one dental hygienist has ever been married. Divorced, sure, engaged, sure, single, sure, dating, sure, married? Nope.

Years ago I got a root canal done and the DH was hot (I can link her fake modeling page!), so after I left, I called back and asked for her, told her I wanted to take her out for a drink, she gave me her digits and of course was "dating someone"...so nothing happened, then 4-5 months later she texts me, tells me she is single and we went out...lets just say that I got in her root canal, if you know what I mean.

We ****ed, I wasn't sure if that was clear.
290a9753ae28ccff2ef5bd70d39199bc.gif

Reactions: countrybob
ADVERTISEMENT