ADVERTISEMENT

Geez Chinese.

OK, but those cots and others are being reassessed as we speak, nothing like a pandemic to gain the correct focus, so, if your link is older than today, its wrong.

Yah but all you have is speculation, which isn't quite as reliable as historical information as of yet.

I do expect some stuff to move away from China, but reality is reality too. If he wants a V shaped recovery, the Donald isn't going to buying products from US suppliers that don't presently exist and won't show up overnight after a deep recession.

The Chinese own what, a trillion or so in debt? That used to be a somewhat scary number when we were 8 or 10 trillion in the hole. I'm not sure that its a scary number when we're about to push $30 trillion.

The Chinese own what, a trillion or so in debt? That used to be a somewhat scary number when we were 8 or 10 trillion in the hole. I'm not sure that its a scary number when we're about to push $30 trillion.
It is, when that kind of money is owed to someone else and not a local debt we accrued ourselves in our spending.

Not really it just means we have to pay our debt. Lets say you have a wells fargo CC. Doesn't mean you have to have anything else to do with them just because you owe them money.
The US and the rest of the world have way more leverage on China than China will want to admit. The US buys about 500 billion worth of exports from China. China buys about 100 billion from US. We start moving some or most of that to the US. They will take notice.
Some of it ? No all of it . That 250 billion must be waved. We should cancel all planned future payments to that regime Along with demanding that they open it Up for accepting American goods flooding their Markets. Then George Sorries And his gangs BiO tech labs and live animal wet markets must be bull Dozed over, and shut down. No more of him helping the Chinese develop bio tech weapons. We see you George?Winking

we’ve been going down this road for long time.
and nba hell, corporate america bentover long ago and we followed suit.
money is a great motivator.

I wouldn't blame it all on "corporate America". The American consumer wants inexpensive and cheap in many cases and was willing to give up things slowly over time. I know of a company who just a few years ago tried to keep everything in the U.S. but finally had to give up and move to Mexico or quit. We did a lot of this to ourselves and now we are paying the price. It can be turned back around but it won't be cheap with regulations and cost of labor here and there is always the competition looking to do it cheaper somewhere.

Anyone bought a German car in the past 15 years? Quality far from what it used to be. Purposely done. Why? To make money. To nickel and dime you until the next time you buy a car.

Remember when Jack Daniels used to be 45% alcohol by volume? Purposely reduced. Why? To make money.

Complaining about cooked books? Ever invest in Enron stock?

It amazes me where blame starts ending up when things begin to go bad. The people responsible are always quick to cast off blame. I will say this: the people responsible reside in this country.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT