ADVERTISEMENT

Geez Chinese.

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
First it was the C virus now luckin coffee. Don't know a thing about them but allegedly a Chinese company that is a major competitor of Starbucks. COO along with other staff fabricated transactions totaling $310 Million. Stock is down nearly 77% . Just another day at the office I guess for the Chinese

First it was the C virus now luckin coffee. Don't know a thing about them but allegedly a Chinese company that is a major competitor of Starbucks. COO along with other staff fabricated transactions totaling $310 Million. Stock is down nearly 77% . Just another day at the office I guess for the Chinese

The list of companies in China that play funny numbers like what you just described is so high, you are a fool to get involved with any of them on any level. Most would make Arthur Anderson blush.

The list of companies in China that play funny numbers like what you just described is so high, you are a fool to get involved with any of them on any level. Most would make Arthur Anderson blush.
Heard a good one yesterday. A guy told me he put tires on a tractor a year or two ago. Put in new tubes in rears since they were of unknown age. Rear tires had fluid in them for added weight for traction. The other day he had a flat tire and lost all the fluid. Called tire guy to come out and fix it. Was told they're having a lot of trouble with tubes right now doing the same thing if fluid was added. Come to find out, the Chinese who basically control the industry, changed from using mostly brass and added higher amounts of copper. This is not reacting well with the calcium chloride fluid and is deteriorating quickly. Jerks

Reactions: Bugeater
Reactions: resdog851
Heard a good one yesterday. A guy told me he put tires on a tractor a year or two ago. Put in new tubes in rears since they were of unknown age. Rear tires had fluid in them for added weight for traction. The other day he had a flat tire and lost all the fluid. Called tire guy to come out and fix it. Was told they're having a lot of trouble with tubes right now doing the same thing if fluid was added. Come to find out, the Chinese who basically control the industry, changed from using mostly brass and added higher amounts of copper. This is not reacting well with the calcium chloride fluid and is deteriorating quickly. Jerks
I’ve had two different blood pressure medicine recalled since the generics are made in China and both of them had impurities in them.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
The less the US has to do with China the better.

we’ve been going down this road for long time.
and nba hell, corporate america bentover long ago and we followed suit.
money is a great motivator.

Gross will be gross

1978 Jimmy Carter stated, this will no longer be a manufacturing driven country, but a information based one.
Our past leaders, on the pretense it was good for an entire country,china, to open our doors to them.
Then it became through regulations, laws,taxes and even tax incentives to do work with china, as they undermined our manufacturing base, and companies gave in and simply sent work over there, our leaders kept telling us, we are a info based economy.
The dot com bubble, we oearned nothing.
Too many eggs in one basket has hurt us.

We are more diverse and bigger than this, we need to start acting on it.

WOW. Just WOW. I am so done with those lying cheating cork sucking bastards.
I’m with you, I’m ready to go back to complaining about products made in Japan or Mexico. People need to wake up and realize that China doesn’t care about people, so what if a million of there people die. Communism is a terrible form of government and the young people in this country need to understand that since it not being taught in schools today

Kinda hard to do when we are in debt to them for about 250B
You sure bout that? They're the ones who want to save face, thats a weakness in every debt, negotiation going forwards.
We will now hold them at a much higher level, or, they can pound sand

Kinda hard to do when we are in debt to them for about 250B
Not really it just means we have to pay our debt. Lets say you have a wells fargo CC. Doesn't mean you have to have anything else to do with them just because you owe them money.
The US and the rest of the world have way more leverage on China than China will want to admit. The US buys about 500 billion worth of exports from China. China buys about 100 billion from US. We start moving some or most of that to the US. They will take notice.

I’m with you, I’m ready to go back to complaining about products made in Japan or Mexico. People need to wake up and realize that China doesn’t care about people, so what if a million of there people die. Communism is a terrible form of government and the young people in this country need to understand that since it not being taught in schools today
Winner winner chicken dinner. Stay well my friend.

Reactions: ZaneHickey
Not really it just means we have to pay our debt. Lets say you have a wells fargo CC. Doesn't mean you have to have anything else to do with them just because you owe them money.
The US and the rest of the world have way more leverage on China than China will want to admit. The US buys about 500 billion worth of exports from China. China buys about 100 billion from US. We start moving some or most of that to the US. They will take notice.
All federal US depts are all but mandated to buy american. Thats a chunk right there.
Also, after this settles down, essential materials designated by the feds, will be required to be american made.
Currently, we have contracts that we have to oblige, but it ends after the pandemic.

250 billion? That's chicken feed. On a normal non China virus day that's about 3 hours of stock market being open
But we still owe them and the ironic thing is, we were also in debt to Japan before WWII as well. You know what I say? Let China's great fear and nightmare have at em and that would be Japan as Japan is 30 years more technologically advanced than those yellow bast***s. Fk' China.

But we still owe them and the ironic thing is, we were also in debt to Japan before WWII as well
If 250 billion is the number, f them. Fact is that is not the number. You sure about that Skippy on Japan?

If 250 billion is the number, f them. Fact is that is not the number. You sure about that Skippy on Japan?
Research is your friend, why don't you try it sometime as it'll do wonders for ya!

But we still owe them and the ironic thing is, we were also in debt to Japan before WWII as well. You know what I say? Let China's great fear and nightmare have at em and that would be Japan as Japan is 30 years more technologically advanced than those yellow bast***s. Fk' China.
Hey, its people we're talking about here, and their leaders, don't forget that.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Research is your friend, why don't you use it sometime as it'll do wonders for ya!
WTF

Reactions: puff1
O
Research is your friend, why don't you try it sometime as it'll do wonders for ya!
K. YES we had Japanese debt but that was offset by trade an oil exports. It's like a balance sheet. Every plus can have a minus.

All federal US depts are all but mandated to buy american. Thats a chunk right there.
Also, after this settles down, essential materials designated by the feds, will be required to be american made.
Currently, we have contracts that we have to oblige, but it ends after the pandemic.

Buy American laws/EOs are some of the most complex web of carve outs in existence.

In short, most of what is available in American stores is foreign made. With the Feds push to drive the overall expenditure down, buying COTS (commercial off the shelf) goods is actively encouraged (and COTS goods are exempt from Buy American).

Also, enforcement has never been the greatest no matter who is in charge. Construction is usually an example that pols will use to show their willingness to use domestic goods, but Buy American laws define three zones that apply differing regimes. Under a handful of thousand dollars, doesn't apply. Between a few thousand and a few million, applies. Over a few million and it kicks into another web of contract law.

There's probably progress being made sure, but most of what we buy is still foreign in some regard. Most of the low hanging fruit was already achieved when the first revisions of the laws came around in the 30's and 50's.

I imagine that the public outcry on medicines will lead to some on-shoring, especially if a 9/11 style review panel is created.

Beyond that, I think if we have the V shape rebound the president says will happen, most of the other stuff will get lost in the sauce as people go on about their lives. Internationally, some stuff will naturally move away from China (we will too), but not necessarily here. Which is still a win.

Buy American laws/EOs are some of the most complex web of carve outs in existence.

In short, most of what is available in American stores is foreign made. With the Feds push to drive the overall expenditure down, buying COTS (commercial off the shelf) goods is actively encouraged (and COTS goods are exempt from Buy American).

Also, enforcement has never been the greatest no matter who is in charge. Construction is usually an example that pols will use to show their willingness to use domestic goods, but Buy American laws define three zones that apply differing regimes. Under a handful of thousand dollars, doesn't apply. Between a few thousand and a few million, applies. Over a few million and it kicks into another web of contract law.

There's probably progress being made sure, but most of what we buy is still foreign in some regard. Most of the low hanging fruit was already achieved when the first revisions of the laws came around in the 30's and 50's.
OK, but those cots and others are being reassessed as we speak, nothing like a pandemic to gain the correct focus, so, if your link is older than today, its wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT