ADVERTISEMENT

Gebbia is transferring

I agree & sorry if I wasn't clear but I don't believe that was the sole reason why Gebbia left. It really had to be a combination of multiple things. The minor ones really could have just piled up.

HuskerO, the post above by @Husker Todd about sums it all up. That damn post should be pinned.

During a press conference this fall a reporter asked Scott Frost about "his guy", and he downplayed this notion. This was one theory I presented in a thread yesterday that could have played into the decision.

I know any coach worth his salt will scoff at the notion of "their guy", when this is brought up by the media. They will say that these are all their guys once they accepted the job. I don't doubt that they all believe this, but deep down we all are human and whether we want to believe it or not sometimes we are still swayed by what we truly want. If this was the case, TG is smart and he would be able to see this as well and I would give him respect for sticking around this long and battling to try and change the coaches minds.

Many on here have said TG didn't fit the system and was too small to take the pounding. Yet now they bash on him for doing what is right for him. I will root for him, where ever he goes, accept if he plays Nebraska. The best of luck to you Tristan, thank you for your effort while you were here and may you have many successes! GBR!

So, now Gebbia has a character issue? Please expand.
I would say so. Leaving because meany Frost said there would be no further competition at the QB position once a starter was named? That would indicate a character issue to me.

I will not try to defend some kid who clearly doesn't want to be on this program, as you have been doing. These kids need to nut up and get on board, or be left behind. Fortunately, most of them are doing that.

Don't forget send him a Huskers postcard with cover of Adrian Martinez at end season...

Now lock this stupid thread.

It's disrespectful to kids who actually want to play for Nebraska.

Would be nice if they got some attention too...Good grief.

Now lock this stupid thread.

It's disrespectful to kids who actually want to play for Nebraska.

Would be nice if they got some attention too...Good grief.
At least the subject matter is appropriate for this board. 19 pages I think is second only to the Yoga Pants thread.....

Last edited:
At one point a few years ago I had first hand information that I shared with the board. Shortly after I did that Pelini went off on some staff who he thought may have leaked the info and his internet monitor was making phone calls trying to find me. It could have cost somebody a very good job.

At least the subject matter is appropriate for this board. 19 pages I think is second only to the Yoga Pants thread.....

No it's not because it's about a kid who doesn't play at Nebraska.

Yoga pants are still worn at Nebraska Eek

Honestly, at this point I feel like the staff is trying to take all the pressure off Adrian by continuing this narrative.

Verduzco quote on Gebbia

“I can only tell you, there was no indication to me whatsoever that any of this was going to take place, and if there was any indication to me, it would have come to me to say, ‘coach Frost, this might take place, we need to have some forward thinking about this and a plan,’” Verduzco said Wednesday. “When I talked to Tristan on Saturday, he said, ‘Coach, I’m going to work as hard as I ever have. When my number is called, I’ll be ready to go and I’ll be one of Adrian’s biggest supporters’ and he thanked me for our professionalism in terms of how we handled it and he didn’t have to hear it on the Internet. Then he called me on Sunday and let me know, which I appreciated obviously, and I wished him luck and let him know if there was anything I could do for him’ I had no idea.”

Seems like Gebbia reacted the way your would expect him to at first. Obviously, after reflecting and taking the advice people(s) he trust, he decided to go another direction and it caught the staff off-guard. Good luck to him.

And in this case Daddy was maybe rightfully trying to help his son make the right decision for his career advancement. We may not like the decision, but for Gebbia it may very well turn out to have been the best one he could have made.
Career? - this kid with his build and not being really mobile has as much chance of playing in the NFL as I do. he should be thinking about getting through college

Apparently you can't criticize the kid who quit on his teammates less than a week before the opener, instead you blame it all on the coaches.
My approach is that I'm not criticizing Gebbia nor am I blaming the coaches. It's just one of those things that happened. But I'm most likely to defend a 20 year old kid who's getting criticized for petty reasons.

Reactions: red-one21
My approach is that I'm not criticizing Gebbia nor am I blaming the coaches. It's just one of those things that happened. But I'm most likely to defend a 20 year old kid who's getting criticized for petty reasons.
I expected him transfer, doesn't bother me at all, but you leave your team the week before the season starts then you deserve to be criticized for it. Spring, summer, after this season, best of luck to ya, not now.

He has a right to leave but he screwed his coaches, teammates, fanbase, and left a scholly on the table that someone could have used. It was his right to do what he did but we have the right to call out the low class move. Leave in the spring if it is not right for you- don't lie through your teeth about how you love it in Lincoln and pack your bag twelve hours after you find out you are backup.
Absolutely, have no idea why the majority on here are trying to defend Gebbia and twist everything to make the coaches look bad. It's easier for them to believe our coaches were concocting an evil plan to keep both qb's here at all costs and Gebbia was the hero for foiling that attempt. Truly unbelievable. The truth is there is no conspiracy. The coaches weren't trying to dupe anybody. The only person doing that to anybody was Gebbia who duped his teammates, duped the coaches, and duped the fan base.

Reactions: GILL T
Absolutely, have no idea why the majority on here are trying to defend Gebbia and twist everything to make the coaches look bad. It's easier for them to believe our coaches were concocting an evil plan to keep both qb's here at all costs and Gebbia was the hero for foiling that attempt. Truly unbelievable. The truth is there is no conspiracy. The coaches weren't trying to dupe anybody. The only person doing that to anybody was Gebbia who duped his teammates, duped the coaches, and duped the fan base.

Geezus. Even with saying I was probably wrong, I don't think anybody was trying to dupe anybody. The kid took a safety net rather than hold a clipboard. Move on.

I expected him transfer, doesn't bother me at all, but you leave your team the week before the season starts then you deserve to be criticized for it. Spring, summer, after this season, best of luck to ya, not now.
You and I agree on most things, but where was all of this when Avery Robert's left 10 days prior to gameday?

Reactions: HuskerDana
You and I agree on most things, but where was all of this when Avery Robert's left 10 days prior to gameday?
TG was being counted on by the coaches to at least play a backup role.
AR had fallen to about a sixth string LB spot, was still overweight after being warned to get his shit together, and was basically forced out by the coaches.
Not at all the same to me.

TG was being counted on by the coaches to at least play a backup role.
AR had fallen to about a sixth string LB spot, was still overweight after being warned to get his shit together, and was basically forced out by the coaches.
Not at all the same to me.
See to me that's just the fan in us wanting Gebbia to be our insurance policy (like what Husker Todd said).

Why does it matter what string a player is if they leave 2 weeks prior to the season opener? Why does it matter when a player leaves if they were slated to be a 2nd stringer?

Doesnt matter because we're probably going to have to just agree to disagree.

Career? - this kid with his build and not being really mobile has as much chance of playing in the NFL as I do. he should be thinking about getting through college
He can get through college no matter where he goes. He's bigger than Drew Brees. He's got 4 years to mature and get stronger. We have no idea what he'll look like his senior year. Seeing him go to OSU makes me think there was more to this than the depth chart. JMHO.

Geezus. Even with saying I was probably wrong, I don't think anybody was trying to dupe anybody. The kid took a safety net rather than hold a clipboard. Move on.
I think your earlier assertion carries more weight with me now than it did before. Why go to OSU that has 6 freshmen and sophomore QBs on the roster if you worried about holding a clipboard? Makes no sense.

I realize that he had been recruited by OSU's head coach. There are still 6 underclassman QBs on their roster that he will have to compete with next year. IF something happens and one of those young guys replace the senior then he'll be battling a returning starter with at least 2 years to play. What Burrow did going to LSU made sense. Gebbia to OSU doesn't make much sense unless he got some kind of guarantee from their head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT