ADVERTISEMENT

Gebbia is transferring

Could we have put them both as No. 1, using the OR strategy? Would Gebbia have stayed IF we had made him Co- #1 ? I wonder if that would have made the difference.

I don't get it either. What was SF supposed to do? Drop everything else he's responsible for.....run over to Gebbia so together they could whine, sob & moan? Maybe bring a gallon of ice cream with him?

Geesh. He was treated soooo very poorly.
Well if it worked for Eric Crouch......maybe Frost should have given it some thought. Sprinkles would have been a nice touch. :confused:

Reactions: headcard
What could the coaching staff do differently to make Gebbia stay? Why are some so anxious to write how he didn't get a fair shake with the coaching staff? Do you want Scott to cave like Frank did when Crouch ran home to O like a little boy? (Never was a big fan of Eric. Always felt it was Eric 1-2-3........and then finally the Huskers). Another thing I would love to have two good quarterback, but how do we know how good Gebbia is? I haven't seen him play enough to know and I don't think anyone else writing on this board has either unless they are on the coaching staff.

Hell, who knows? Maybe Gebbia will transfer and be a great player at another school, but it is water under the bridge. He's gone
I was going to post something similar. Also, I LOVE the fact that this Nebraska coaching staff is OK with making tough decisions that they feel will benefit the TEAM and that TEAM is greater than 1 player. I think they'll use that angle to their advantage in upcoming practices and games.

There is more than just Frost not telling the Qb's in person who the starter was. I would bet that many of you that are bad mouthing Gebbia for leaving now would be doing the exact same thing if you were in his shoes. It is always true that when one does not know the whole story of something it is better to wait to express opinions about situations you know little about. When told Gebbia had no plans on leaving. It was only later when he learned of several other things that he and his father decided it was in his best interest to leave. I can tell you I have no problem with him leaving and hope Frost learns from all of this. He needs to!

Exactly. For one thing, like being told your pretty much a clipboard holder and a tutor?

I don't get it either. What was SF supposed to do? Drop everything else he's responsible for.....run over to Gebbia so together they could whine, sob & moan? Maybe bring a gallon of ice cream with him?

Geesh. He was treated soooo very poorly.

For the three or four of you on here who think he left because he was treated poorly, you have no idea. For the sake of everybody, just shut it down for the day.

Obviously neither of us were there to say yes or no.

No, I wasn't there. But I know what everyone testified to under oath at LP's trial, including two downstairs neighbors who had no connection to the football team or SF. That SF was hot on the heels of LP and KM as they went down the stairs. That immediately upon LP and KM reaching the bottom of the stairs it was SF and one of the downstairs neighbors who pushed between LP and KM, separating them and that it was SF who then took KM back upstairs. Leaving one downstairs neighbor to watch LP beat the living hell out of the mailboxes (the other neighbor had gone back into the apartment to call 911). SF did testify that when he heard the ruckus in his living room between KM and LP he took a moment to pull on his pants before leaving the bedroom. So maybe that's where the hiding idea came from. But I will take the uncontroverted and uniform trial testimony, under oath, before I will take your girlfriend's cousin's barber's version of events.

Dana, unless you were riding shotgun with TG during his meeting(s) with Frost, all you might have is second hand. I'd venture to guess from my vantage point several hundred miles away that Martinez met the standard that Frost wants from his QBs in all facets of the game. Martinez's superior speed and athleticism then became the deciding factor. The rest of it is a jilted kid and a coach that probably became prickly over the matter, possibly because he became aware of TG and his family's "contigency plans".

Exactly. For one thing, like being told your pretty much a clipboard holder and a tutor?
Well, the truth hurts some times. I liked what I saw out of Gebbia in the spring game. I thought he would be named the starter and from press reports I thought he deserved it. That said, it really doesn't matter now. One of the QBs wasn't going to be happy and it's probably best that TG left. That's life.

And those of you are intimate special knowledge of the situation, please enlighten the rest of us as to TG's decision making process.
Let's see, he left because 1) he was treated badly or 2) he's been told he's going to be a career back-up and wants to play football. Nobody needs to have a personal relationship with him to figure it out.

Let's see, he left because 1) he was treated badly or 2) he's been told he's going to be a career back-up and wants to play football. Nobody needs to have a personal relationship with him to figure it out.
I am down with your take, but others see this as, at least in part, a reaction to being jacked around by Frost.

POB was still around at that time too.
Wilson probably wanted some kind of assurance that he would get to play and Frost knew that he was destined to be a backup if he came to NU. People forget that Wilson left Oregon because he got beat out by a true freshman walk on for a spot on the 4 deep.

Reactions: headcard
Wonder what would be said if Gebbia was named starter?
Go back and look at my post history I have been a Martinez guy since the spring game. Gebbia was my least favorite of all the Qbs in the spring game. It was only in the last few days that I thought things were going TG's way that I decided to get in line.

I guess I phrased that wrong. I should have asked why they didn't pursue him harder. I wasn't really following recruiting real closely at the time, but I recall seeing his name pop up for a possible visit and thinking he had a former relationship with both NU and Frost, thought it might make sense. Then next thing I knew he was out of the picture and didn't know why.

There is more than just Frost not telling the Qb's in person who the starter was. I would bet that many of you that are bad mouthing Gebbia for leaving now would be doing the exact same thing if you were in his shoes. It is always true that when one does not know the whole story of something it is better to wait to express opinions about situations you know little about. When told Gebbia had no plans on leaving. It was only later when he learned of several other things that he and his father decided it was in his best interest to leave. I can tell you I have no problem with him leaving and hope Frost learns from all of this. He needs to!
So what happened? You guys saying there’s more to the story, then get all quiet when asked about it. Quit being so vague and tell us the “real reason” Gebbia left, and why Frost “needs to learn” from it.

Dana, unless you were riding shotgun with TG during his meeting(s) with Frost, all you might have is second hand. I'd venture to guess from my vantage point several hundred miles away that Martinez met the standard that Frost wants from his QBs in all facets of the game. Martinez's superior speed and athleticism then became the deciding factor. The rest of it is a jilted kid and a coach that probably became prickly over the matter, possibly because he became aware of TG and his family's "contigency plans".

I already said, you don't have to believe what I have said is true, partially true, or completely fabricated bullshit. I am not really going to lose any sleep over whether you....or anyone else here believe me or not.

I think it I would be pretty stupid of me to stake my reputation on this after posting on here for over ten years, though.

I will say this, the @kidofSN is spot on. Fact.

Why did he leave Oregon? Oh yeah, he was beat out by a kid who was going to be a 4 year starter. Weird huh
I don't know if you are insinuating that I have a problem with transfers. I have no problem with kids transferring, just like I have no problem with coaches pushing kids out. As I mentioned previously in this thread, Frost was a transfer.

Well, the truth hurts some times. I liked what I saw out of Gebbia in the spring game. I thought he would be named the starter and from press reports I thought he deserved it. That said, it really doesn't matter now. One of the QBs wasn't going to be happy and it's probably best that TG left. That's life.

At this point, you are right. It is probably best for both sides.

I already said, you don't have to believe what I have said is true, partially true, or completely fabricated bullshit. I am not really going to lose any sleep over whether you....or anyone else here believe me or not.

I think it I would be pretty stupid of me to stake my reputation on this after posting on here for over ten years, though.

Spot on? He hasn’t said anything. All you said was Frost didn’t tell him and that’s why he left. @kidofSN saying there’s more to the story. Quit being the I know something you don’t know guy.

Spot on? He hasn’t said anything. All you said was Frost didn’t tell him and that’s why he left. @kidofSN saying there’s more to the story. Quit being the I know something you don’t know guy.
Not sure what Dana knows, but it's the "more" in the "there's more to the story". He knows this, and doesn't care what we think of it one way or the other. kidofSN is on record of stating that "It was only later when he learned of several other things that he and his father decided it was in his best interest to leave."
Lot's of tea leaves to read through there. Frost and/or Verduzco didn't treat him right and perhaps "some other things". Yes, probably time to end this, as I doubt the real skinny from those in the know (aka, those passing on second or third hand information from a yenta or two within the program) is in the offing.

I played at the D2 level in a probably the best league in the country before NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD, Northern Colorado and UNO departed for division 1. It's not division 1, but if you played at the collegiate level for a good coaching staff who preaches buy in to the team concept, regardless of whether it was juco, d3, d2, d1, or NAIA, then you understand what I'm talking about. If you played and don't care, then maybe team doesn't mean as much to you. It does to me.
You’re comparing apples to oranges. D2 means the chances of and your expectations to make the NFL were much lower than Gebbias. Also the qb position can only have one starter and that starter doesn’t generally have a rotation going or the opportunity to start at multiple spots. It’s easy to say what you would’ve done, but playing line at Northwest Missouri State isn’t anywhere near the same realm as Gebbia’s situation.

Not sure what Dana knows, but it's the "more" in the "there's more to the story". He knows this, and doesn't care what we think of it one way or the other. kidofSN is on record of stating that "It was only later when he learned of several other things that he and his father decided it was in his best interest to leave."
Lot's of tea leaves to read through there. Frost and/or Verduzco didn't treat him right and perhaps "some other things". Yes, probably time to end this, as I doubt the real skinny from those in the know (aka, those passing on second or third hand information from a yenta or two within the program) is in the offing.
Yea, they found out he was gonna be the backup.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I don't know if you are insinuating that I have a problem with transfers. I have no problem with kids transferring, just like I have no problem with coaches pushing kids out. As I mentioned previously in this thread, Frost was a transfer.

I have no idea if you have a problem with transfers. You asked why he wasn't pursued harder, I said he already bolted once when he lost a QB competition.

Maybe the whole carrying the clipboard and tutor thing that Frost supposably told Gebbia was his was of saying AM is our guy were gonna ride home good or bad and gave Gebbia an opportunity to see other options because he is talented.

Frost could have pulled a Saban and called both QBs co #1s and if they decided to go with AM by let say week 2 or 3 as the regular starter Gebbia would have been screwed for this season and lost this year and next year of eligibility.

Reactions: SOHusker11

You're reputation? It's an anonymous message board. Are you scared the Cable Installers mods are going to track your IP and get really mad at you?

You are not being fair. It appears it was a day or so after things didn't go his way, after he reflected on how poorly he was treated.
I would love to be treated so poorly that I got every opportunity to win a job, get to start the spring game, give me a full ride scholarship, be able to work out in the nicest facilities, eat the best food, date the hottest women. And when my head coach isnt the one to tell me I came up short I call it poor treatment and leave because of that and not because I didnt get what I wanted all along.

Maybe the whole carrying the clipboard and tutor thing that Frost supposably told Gebbia was his was of saying AM is our guy were gonna ride home good or bad and gave Gebbia an opportunity to see other options because he is talented.

Frost could have pulled a Saban and called both QBs co #1s and if they decided to go with AM by let say week 2 or 3 as the regular starter Gebbia would have been screwed for this season and lost this year and next year of eligibility.
Yea, TG should be thankful as hell, because SF could've really effed him over for the good of the team.

Well said...and thanks for moving on. I do respect you here, so that is NOT what I was insinuating by that statement of not caring if you believe me or not. I know I left things kind of vague. Sorry.

I think Frost is still going to be the one to get us back on the right track. I still think he is going to do as he says on most occasions and think he'll grow from this whole deal.

Hell, I STILL screw up on occasion when dealing with employees and have to crawl back and apologize when admitting my mistake. I am confident Frost will be better next time. Take care, inWV.

ADVERTISEMENT