ADVERTISEMENT

Gebbia is transferring

I have no animosity towards Gebbia but I am an NU football fan and not here to cheer some kid who through his actions hurts the teams chance this year. What I wonder is why any fan would support this type of response to not getting named the starter.

I believe now we dodged a bullet with this kid - name him the starter and he struggles and it would have even been worse.

Just because you call a kid out for his actions does not mean you are being an A-hole

He isn't a kid. He is a young adult who should have told Frost back in December that if he wasn't going to take the wheel for a couple years he would transfer.

Calling the kid a POS and a pussy makes you an A-hole. (Not saying you said those things, but some have)

He isn't a kid. He is a young adult. I won't call him names but I'll say this. If I was 21 and on this team, he doesn't want to see me out in public and he doesn't want to see me lined up on the other side against him. Yea, Berringer almost transferred his sophomore year but I guess in the end he had more loyalty. Gebbia was out for himself. Not out for a team. You think Martinez is transferring if he has to learn for a year or two? Nope

He isn't a kid. He is a young adult who should have told Frost back in December that if he wasn't going to take the wheel for a couple years he would transfer.

He isn't a kid. He is a young adult. I won't call him names but I'll say this. If I was 21 and on this team, he doesn't want to see me out in public and he doesn't want to see me lined up on the other side against him. Yea, Berringer almost transferred his sophomore year but I guess in the end he had more loyalty. Gebbia was out for himself. Not out for a team. You think Martinez is transferring if he has to learn for a year or two? Nope
Are you 21? You really letting his decision affect you to the point your imagining yourself being 21 and beating Gebbia up in public? Laughing

I am upset he left, and I don’t necessarily like the way it played out, but being overly emotional isn’t necessary.

Maybe if he was playing in an NFL offense that best suited his strengths and he was an upperclassman, not a redshirt freshman himself.

Marcus Marriota?

Mark it down, first move my Scott Frost that has husker fans dividend.

Best Case Scenario - AM kills it this year, stays healthy all year, and none of us think what could have been with Gebbia

Worst Case Scenario - AM looks like crap and/or gets hurt and the fishbowl starts doubting Scott.

Scott sure didn't take the path of least resistance with this move naming AM the starter. But I love his honesty. Lets hope this turns into a none issue or else we will have a Bunch of problems.

I'm pretty much in the camp of telling anyone who is critical of this staff the first 4 years to shut their mouth. If they don't win a conference title in 5 then I'll listen. They have forgotten more than you know so, yea....

Oh, you may be right, however it still paints him as disingenuous. If he wants out then fine. I was never sold on him anyway and he needs to put on 25 pounds before he's going to get an FBS job.

I've been passed up for promotion before. To a guy who had a little more experience than me. I didn't make waves. If Gebbia doesn't make the NFL and goes somewhere with his degree I guaranfreakintee you they'll question him about this.

You’re right Maritinez wouldn’t be transferring if he had to learn for a year or two behind an upperclassman, but he sure as hell would be if he wasn’t sitting behind someone with more eligibility that was hand picked by the new head coach that didn’t recruit him. Apples to Oranges with their situations.

Are you 21? You really letting his decision affect you to the point your imagining yourself being 21 and beating Gebbia up in public? Laughing

I am upset he left, and I don’t necessarily like the way it played out, but being overly emotional isn’t necessary.

I'm 37. I'll tell you this. If I was a 37 year old on this team he doesn't want to see me in public. No more imagination. He knows what kind of situation he left here and it was for the most selfish of reasons. Being a "team mate" does not concern him in the slightest. You got a problem with that? IDGAF

You’re right Maritinez wouldn’t be transferring if he had to learn for a year or two behind an upperclassman, but he sure as hell would be if he wasn’t sitting behind someone with more eligibility that was hand picked by the new head coach that didn’t recruit him. Apples to Oranges with their situations.

Has he announced where he is transferring?

Not yet, probably PAC 12

If it's Oregon St, and he makes it to the NFL it will be as a backup

People need to seriously consider that fact that it took Frazier 5 games to steal the spot from a Senior. Gill started as a sophmore which was unheard of. I do not think McAffrey will be listed as QB when he gets here but rather a WR.

Not yet, probably PAC 12

And I see you deleted your other post. I'm a friendly guy but you don't know me. This may be a message board but I assure you when it comes to the passionate things in my life, I'm not talk. Come have a beer with me. You would have a blast lol

This isn't a threat. Your wife would hate me

If it's Oregon St, and he makes it to the NFL it will be as a backup

People need to seriously consider that fact that it took Frazier 5 games to steal the spot from a Senior. Gill started as a sophmore which was unheard of. I do not think McAffrey will be listed as QB when he gets here but rather a WR.
What is the relevance of husker quarterback’s situations from 25+ years ago to Gebbias situation? Again, apples to oranges.

And I see you deleted your other post. I'm a friendly guy but you don't know me. This may be a message board but I assure you when it comes to the passionate things in my life, I'm not talk. Come have a beer with me. You would have a blast lol

This isn't a threat. Your wife would hate me
I’m game, I erased it as I thought it was in poor taste on my part.

Reactions: Bruce1981
There is no relevance here. Just making a point that maybe Adrian is that good. Let me ask you this. Would you rather Taylor started in 09 instead of Zac Lee? Maybe we score enough to beat ISU and Texas and winning a conference title?

I’m game, I erased it as I thought it was in poor taste on my part.

Hell yea. Listen I understand everyone's emotions here. We finally thought we would have depth and now, with a snap of the fingers we don't. I understand people defending him against the name calling. I also understand people being upset. It's been fragile in Lincoln for so long.....and it seems there are always obstacles. But we are all Cornhusker fans at heart. I am not someone who wants conflict. If this was my work I wouldn't bat an eye. But if I had a chance at an education while suiting up this would gnaw at my bones. Maybe I worded it wrong. I'm on vacation and have been drinking red wine while preparing a meal for a woman I have been dating for 5 months who I had a crush on when I was 12 and was finally able to get on here and state my opinion while she is sawing logs.

I'm 37. I'll tell you this. If I was a 37 year old on this team he doesn't want to see me in public. No more imagination. He knows what kind of situation he left here and it was for the most selfish of reasons. Being a "team mate" does not concern him in the slightest. You got a problem with that? IDGAF
Laughing

There is no relevance here. Just making a point that maybe Adrian is that good. Let me ask you this. Would you rather Taylor started in 09 instead of Zac Lee? Maybe we score enough to beat ISU and Texas and winning a conference title?
I think he may be that good too. Probably would’ve rather had Taylor, but only now with the advantage of hindsite. Although how do we know how Taylor would’ve played as a true freshman. A redshirt year goes a long way in terms of developement. Also Gebbia would be Lee in that comparison and Lee started the year, Gebbia wasn’t going to start the beginning of this season. Not the same situations.

It will be very interesting when NU drops it's first loss this year. There will be accusations, earthquakes, financial collapse, floods, fires, murders, suicides, stock market crashes, bank failures, zombie sightings, ufo's, assaults, riots, beatings, bankruptcies, rumors of wars, the marks of 666's, lambs and lions sleeping together, the four horsemen of the apocalypse, etc., (and ooohhhh the drunkenness) all over the place, all while a small chicken is running around and being seen on tv reporting the sky is falling and warning people to get into their bomb shelters and load their shotguns.

It will be absolutely, devastatingly horrifying.

But the liquor distributors will be laughing all the way to the still open banks.

Does anyone think Vedral transfers home in the spring if UCF didn’t have a returning 2 year starter? I’d bet he would’ve stayed if he thought he had a legit chance to start and I also think that if a true freshman that Heupel recruited beat him out in fall camp that he would’ve transferred in the same manner as Gebbia. I think only one of those two has the skills that may allow them to make it to the league and that qb would have way more incentive to transfer.

Hell yea. Listen I understand everyone's emotions here. We finally thought we would have depth and now, with a snap of the fingers we don't. I understand people defending him against the name calling. I also understand people being upset. It's been fragile in Lincoln for so long.....and it seems there are always obstacles. But we are all Cornhusker fans at heart. I am not someone who wants conflict. If this was my work I wouldn't bat an eye. But if I had a chance at an education while suiting up this would gnaw at my bones. Maybe I worded it wrong. I'm on vacation and have been drinking red wine while preparing a meal for a woman I have been dating for 5 months who I had a crush on when I was 12 and was finally able to get on here and state my opinion while she is sawing logs.
Get your ass off here and go get some desert

Get your ass off here and go get some desert

I wish. She likes it but she likes sleep more when it's a work night. And that doesn't bother me since she stayed up later than usual anyway

I gotta admit, this feels like a movie to me though. I had her on a pedestal and still do after getting to know her after all these years.

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
true, but it would of been nice to see them both in real game situations, then make the call.
just to be sure the right decision is made.
plus to have a ace in the hole incase we need it.

Were they using green jerseys in their impromptu scrimmages? If so then noone knows how they would be in real game situations. If not, then that is a mistake on the coaches. Let us pray AMart has TMart speed but better cutting ability

I wish. She likes it but she likes sleep more when it's a work night. And that doesn't bother me since she stayed up later than usual anyway

I gotta admit, this feels like a movie to me though. I had her on a pedestal and still do after getting to know her after all these years.
That’s great man, if you feel she deserves to be on a pedestal I’m happy for you. I think optimally whether they deserve to be on a pedestal or not that it’s ideal if you think they do.

So, now Gebbia has a character issue? Please expand.

Right, this is why I shut up stayed quite today. I’m a fan of Martinez and Gebbia. But the lack of fans pulling for Gebbia had me backing his corner. So seeing this happen stung.

Personally, I think he should have waited and seen how this season played out...he really could have been the full time starter by the end of the season...or he could have just road the bench all season. This could have gone any number of ways. He made his choice and is leaving. Hopefully this works out for him.

But Gebbia doesn’t have character issues. We just have some Husker fans that seem to dislike the man and this gave them more gas to pour onto the fire. Gebbia is a hard worker, accurate thrower and lives in the film room. Any coach would be lucky to have him as a QB. Unfortunately for him that’s not us, we got our man in Martinez. For Frosts and our sake, hopefully Martinez was the correct choice at QB and not Gebbia...if Frost made the wrong choice, then Hopefully McCaffery comes in lighting it up...we will need him.

Reactions: HuskerDana
This isn't good news. Martinez did not take one snap last year. I sure hope he is tough and plays all season, because it doesn't seem like the Huskers have as much talent behind him now that Gebbia has left. After not having a quality back-up Qb the last several years I was really looking forward to having one this year. I really think Gebbia missed the boat on this move. I was anticipating him getting some significant playing time. Now that he is gone Bunch better get ready.

I think this is just another change in the landscape of college sports. If a player does not get what they want at one school they can usually find another school that will. (see the starting quarterbacks at West Virginia, OU, LSU, Auburn and most likely Michigan. Just to name a few transfers off the top of my head)

I think you've repeated this enough. Do you think they've got it, yet?
The fact that it’s had to be explained why it’s far
I think you've repeated this enough. Do you think they've got it, yet?
Were they using green jerseys in their impromptu scrimmages? If so then noone knows how they would be in real game situations. If not, then that is a mistake on the coaches. Let us pray AMart has TMart speed but better cutting ability
I hope they ran some live scrimmaging. I think the running skills of a qb would be more enhanced by tagging off than a qb’s passing skills.

Almost certainly we're conference championship with Tmart in 09. Zac (3 & out) Lee just couldn't hack it.

He was recruited by the previous regime for a different offense and now the younger kid hand picked by the new staff beat him out. He's not an idiot, he sees that gives him a very slim chance of ever winning the job and has decided to move on. It hurts our depth but staying to play in an offense not suited for his skills behind a true freshman is obviously not ideal, I don't blame him at all for trying to seek out a better opportunity to play.

Reactions: Wing-Back
This isn't good news. Martinez did not take one snap last year. I sure hope he is tough and plays all season, because it doesn't seem like the Huskers have as much talent behind him now that Gebbia has left. After not having a quality back-up Qb the last several years I was really looking forward to having one this year. I really think Gebbia missed the boat on this move. I was anticipating him getting some significant playing time. Now that he is gone Bunch better get ready.

I think this is just another change in the landscape of college sports. If a player does not get what they want at one school they can usually find another school that will. (see the starting quarterbacks at West Virginia, OU, LSU, Auburn and most likely Michigan. Just to name a few transfers off the top of my head)

While I agree with your post, coaches should also be held to the fire when they do not do what they say they are going to do.

Reactions: husker2612
Chip Kelley is at UCLA. Frost runs the same style offense, if Gebbia wasn't good enough here I don't see him having any better luck there.

I’d say it’s a similar style not the same style offense didn’t Michigan starter transfer to UCLA and he is no gifted runner..

I think Mike Leach at Washington St would love to have a Tristian Gebbia..

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
While I agree with your post, coaches should also be held to the fire when they do not do what they say they are going to do.
Hope it was just a miscommunication/ misunderstanding. Not one of those things, like hiding the closet back in the day. A tough/ uncomfortable situation, and he hides.

I’d say it’s a similar style not the same style offense didn’t Michigan starter transfer to UCLA and he is no gifted runner..

I think Mike Leach at Washington St would love to have a Tristian Gebbia..

I've always thought an offense like WSU would be perfect for Gebbia. Sling it all over the field like he did in HS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT