ADVERTISEMENT

GBR Ladies

I wonder if Cook has a retirement plan? Prior to the tourney I thought the odds were about 50-50 that this would be his last year. I don't know how this disappointing finish would impact that. I'm sure the competitor in him wants another shot at a deep run, but this season had to have been a let-down. He was building a house near Jackson Hole I believe, is he ready to ride off into the sunset now? He keeps bringing in those top ranked recruiting classes, so the future looks bright whether he stays on or hands it off. I'm going to predict that he retires.
Oh boy. Here we go. Typical dumb N fan starting crap

Unbelievable we couldn't finish them off in the fourth. Knew this was gonna be tough since Oregon is as hot as any team in the country right now. Oh well. Our recruiting has been off the charts so we'll definitely be back!

I highly doubt Cook walks away at a low point like this. And yes, this is a low point. Gotta get a better setter somehow.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Whatever. Another stupid N fan

Nah, the coaches blew this one, with the substitutions and running the 6-2 with Evans. Just baffling.

Cook just sits on his ass all match now anyway and has the top assistant do all the coaching. Reyes is a major downgrade from Hildebrand in that regard.

Last edited:
It was painful yet kind of entertaining to see 5'6" Boesiger at the net.
😮🤣
Another great "season in a nutshell" moment. It was kind of a scramble/circus all season, starting with running off Caffey and Akana.

We lost for a lot of reasons, but 6 unforced errors in the 5th is hard to overcome.

Oh boy. Here we go. Typical dumb N fan starting crap
Piss off. How is it starting crap to discuss the possibility that a coach who has had a long, successful career might want to retire some day? Especially when he has built a home out of state. I stated an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

My lord I seen one post mentioning maybe Cook should step down and another calling this the low point after getting knocked out in the in th sweet 16. My god I hope for Rhules sake he wins the spring game.

My lord I seen one post mentioning maybe Cook should step down and another calling this the low point after getting knocked out in the in th sweet 16. My god I hope for Rhules sake he wins the spring game.
I think the “low point” comment was actually a compliment to Cook, meaning, he has set the bar so high that this is a low point. I didn’t take this as a dig, but if your worst is a sweet 16 finish, that’s pretty darn good.

That’s how I took it at least.

Reactions: aNUstart
ludicrous isn’t it..

Some of these people really need mental help..

Reactions: nwualum
Oregon not a great team. N needs to toughen up!
Oregon hasn’t lost now in 16 matches, so they aren’t a poor team either, for what it’s worth. Agree that Nebraska needs to toughen up, but I would consider Oregon to be a pretty darn good team. Maybe not great, but certainly good enough to get to the elite eight.

Oregon hasn’t lost now in 16 matches, so they aren’t a poor team either, for what it’s worth. Agree that Nebraska needs to toughen up, but I would consider Oregon to be a pretty darn good team. Maybe not great, but certainly good enough to get to the elite eight.
Interesting that they lost regular season matches to their two Big 10 opponents (Minn and Penn St), and swept Stanford - who handled us 3-1.

The Huskers just didn't have the year we were expecting going 1-6 against top 10 teams.

Reactions: timnsun
"running off"?
Not the right term, admittedly. Feels unfortunate that we didn't have the room or ability to keep them here and they end up valuable pieces on the team that is the odds-on favorite for the title.

Reactions: aNUstart
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT