Gay marriage might be next

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
Who's God? Damn man there are more than one religion. Horrible take.

What if two gay people are atheists? Fvck your shitty God.

You religious nuts are so fvcking selfish. The world does not revolve around you and your old time fears.
Does not believing in God stop him from existing?

TampaBaySkers

Offensive Coordinator
Oct 30, 2010
I support letting ALL Americans, especially women in this case, have a choice.

Keep your gestapo authoritarian government out of my business.

Are you so weak-minded you need the government to tell you every little thing you can and cannot do? Are you a child? You do ride a trike so I suppose so...
Unless it’s a vaccine… amirite 🤣

dsmalls3

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2017
I agree with most you say, though there certainly is benefit for finding even a small group of believers you can do life with.

I guess I dont get the last comment about the tithe, and the church/state comment.

The tithe was a God given principle, as far back as Levi and Solomon, long before there was any 'state'.

Read the book Homo Sapiens, an absolutely fascinating read into the history of our species (spoiler: we pretty much ruin everything in our paths)

It presents an interesting observation that when homo sapiens reach the point of organized societies past 10,000 I believe, we begin to argue, bicker, fight in wars, create conflict.

The "thing" that has brought us together has been ideologies like church and/or state.....this "uniting" force brings us all together...religioun has been such a force and it's very surface level. Through our history, the most "poppular" believes have won, but through it all, there will always be uniting truisms that just feel right. It doesn't feel "right" to force a man-made religion on others, and pretend like our flawed human judgement is valid.

The "state" brings this same sort of "uniting" factor. Neither have a place in a society of equality, but humans are not good at this....it's in our DNA, it's part of our "original sin", etc. Government/ States seems a pretty zero sum game. You pay your taxes and follow the law. But religion and ideas of morality head into the point of cognitive dominance and dogma superiority complexes. When you try to unite a people on ideas that are not based around concrete, empirical ideas, it leaves a lot of room for undue judgement, it leaves a lot of room for self-righteousness, and it leaves a TON of room for hate.

Historically, our species has abused the power of religion to bring undue judgement on our kind. It is very possible the "Bible" has been edited along the way, to fit in moral narritives that best allow the ruling class to control the people.

TLDR: take the values of the Bible, as they are good. Take the tactical practices with a heavy grain of salt....as the Bible was written by man, and by man's very nature, it is sure to mean well, but be corrupted by evil guidance.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehenningsen

ehenningsen

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
Read the book Homo Sapiens, a fascinating read into the history of our species (spoiler: we pretty much ruin everything in our paths)

It presents an interesting observation that when homo sapiens reach the point of organized societies past 10,000, I believe, we begin to argue, bicker, fight in wars, and create conflict.

The "thing" that has brought us together has been ideologies like church and state.....this "uniting" force brings us all together...religion has been such a force, and it's very surface level. Throughout our history, the most "popular" beliefs have won, but through it all, there will permanently be uniting truisms that feel right. It doesn't feel "right" to force a manufactured religion on others and pretend like our flawed human judgment is valid.

The "state" brings this same sort of "uniting" factor. Neither have a place in a society of equality, but humans are not good at this....it's in our DNA, part of our "original sin," etc. Government/ States seems a pretty zero-sum game. You pay your taxes and follow the law. But religion and ideas of morality head into the point of cognitive dominance and dogma superiority complexes. When you try to unite a people on statements that are not based around concrete, practical ideas, it leaves a lot of room for undue judgment, it leaves a lot of space for self-righteousness, and it goes a TON of room for hate.

Historically, our species has abused the power of religion to bring undue judgment on our kind. The "Bible" may have been on the way to fit in more narratives that best allow the ruling class to control the people.

TLDR: take the values of the Bible, as they are good. Take the tactical practices with a heavy grain of salt....as the man wrote the Bible, and by man's very nature, it is sure to mean well, but be corrupted by evil guidance.
Well, put.

I am along the same lines that believe any religion can and has brought uniting forces of good.

The problem with religion as a powerful institution (independent or government-level), especially Judeo religions, is the often taught requirement of mandating their beliefs with coercion.

Force and religion should never be two melded concepts.

Last edited:

Husker Hank

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
Read the book Homo Sapiens, an absolutely fascinating read into the history of our species (spoiler: we pretty much ruin everything in our paths)

It presents an interesting observation that when homo sapiens reach the point of organized societies past 10,000 I believe, we begin to argue, bicker, fight in wars, create conflict.

The "thing" that has brought us together has been ideologies like church and/or state.....this "uniting" force brings us all together...religioun has been such a force and it's very surface level. Through our history, the most "poppular" believes have won, but through it all, there will always be uniting truisms that just feel right. It doesn't feel "right" to force a man-made religion on others, and pretend like our flawed human judgement is valid.

The "state" brings this same sort of "uniting" factor. Neither have a place in a society of equality, but humans are not good at this....it's in our DNA, it's part of our "original sin", etc. Government/ States seems a pretty zero sum game. You pay your taxes and follow the law. But religion and ideas of morality head into the point of cognitive dominance and dogma superiority complexes. When you try to unite a people on ideas that are not based around concrete, empirical ideas, it leaves a lot of room for undue judgement, it leaves a lot of room for self-righteousness, and it leaves a TON of room for hate.

Historically, our species has abused the power of religion to bring undue judgement on our kind. It is very possible the "Bible" has been edited along the way, to fit in moral narritives that best allow the ruling class to control the people.

TLDR: take the values of the Bible, as they are good. Take the tactical practices with a heavy grain of salt....as the Bible was written by man, and by man's very nature, it is sure to mean well, but be corrupted by evil guidance.
Well, put.

I am along the same lines that believe any religion can and has brought uniting forces of good.

The problem with religion as a powerful institution (independent or government-level), especially Judeo religions, is the often taught requirement of mandating their beliefs with coercion.

Force and religion should never be two melded concepts.
You guys are talking about religion, and I can get behind some of your thoughts on that, as humans left to their own devices, end up corrupting almost anything, but I am talking about serving the Creator God, and living your life as closely as possible to His ways.

I also hear often the bible was written by man, which obviously is true, but not true at the same time. The book is a compilation of writings, by up to 40 authors. on 3 continents, who were inspired through His spirit, to write what was given through His spirit.

Reactions: dsmalls3

RedHour

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2008
You guys are talking about religion, and I can get behind some of your thoughts on that, as humans left to their own devices, end up corrupting almost anything, but I am talking about serving the Creator God, and living your life as closely as possible to His ways.

I also hear often the bible was written by man, which obviously is true, but not true at the same time. The book is a compilation of writings, by up to 40 authors. on 3 continents, who were inspired through His spirit, to write what was given through His spirit.

It was the Catholic Church that determined which books were in or out.

ehenningsen

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha

You are taking a deeper dive into religion force or spirituality force.

At what point are those two different things? They are both from the exact text (if assuming Christ), and both follow some but not all rules. Some follow almost all laws.

Does spiritual enforcement have any more benefits than religious enforcement?

If so, who's spirituality reigns supreme?

Also, the creator god has many ideologies from Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Hindu, Buda, Taoism, and many more.

Sure, we can assume your general religious viewpoint, but that then goes back to the first point if which do we choose?

Who becomes America's Pope of theology? Right now it's the new Supreme Court.

So what does this form of "unification" mean for those of us who don't ascribe to the centralised religious power?

If you enforce biblical law, which ones?

What about people like me? Am I collateral damage? What about others?

How is government-enforcement of religion unifying, at all? It's not, it's an exclusionary principle, not inclusive at all.

RedHour

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2008
You are taking a deeper dive into religion force or spirituality force.

At what point are those two different things? They are both from the exact text (if assuming Christ), and both follow some but not all rules. Some follow almost all laws.

Does spiritual enforcement have any more benefits than religious enforcement?

If so, who's spirituality reigns supreme?

Also, the creator god has many ideologies from Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Hindu, Buda, Taoism, and many more.

Sure, we can assume your general religious viewpoint, but that then goes back to the first point if which do we choose?

Who becomes America's Pope of theology? Right now it's the new Supreme Court.

So what does this form of "unification" mean for those of us who don't ascribe to the centralised religious power?

If you enforce biblical law, which ones?

What about people like me? Am I collateral damage? What about others?

How is government-enforcement of religion unifying, at all? It's not, it's an exclusionary principle, not inclusive at all.
Tough questions. On the one hand I don't believe the government should be telling anyone in which faith they should believe. On the other hand, it's worse when the govt is hostile to religion.

ehenningsen

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
Tough questions. On the one hand, I don't believe the government should be telling anyone in which faith they should believe. On the other hand, it's worse when the govt is hostile to religion.
Both are bad. Government should never force anyone towards or away from ideology.

The government only to be inclusive. With a few limitations: Do we go back to the day when we allow signs in the public sphere where businesses list groups of people who are excluded in their windows? If so, then what becomes the difference between public and private entities?

These are dilemmas that we will be facing with the current SCOTUS and state makeup.

Last edited:

JOHNNY N

College Football Hall of Fame
Sep 24, 2003
Both are bad. Government should never force anyone towards or away from ideology.

The government only to be inclusive. With a few limitations: Do we go back to the day when we allow signs in the public sphere where businesses list groups of people who are excluded in their windows? If so, then what becomes the difference between public and private entities?

These are dilemmas that we will be facing with the current SCOTUS and state makeup.
Pearl clutching

Your gay marriage is not gonna get overturned. My interracial marriage is not gonna become illegal. It's protected under the 14th amendment.

Reactions: Nebraska Power

dsmalls3

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2017

No matter how you want to slice it, at the end of the day, the Bible was written by man. This statement is 100% true objectively. Prophets claim they "wrote though God", etc. There is no proof. Not saying it's not true, but no objective truth. Nobody has yet to "bump" into God at the coffee shop, I'm sure he's a hell of a guy, but he's a subjective figure base entirely on "faith".

Now, if you are a person who is guided by "faith", this is where life gets really tricky right? Faith is not a tangible thing. It makes sense, in fact it makes A LOT of sense, and it feels good to have faith.

I prefer to segment my morality in values...what feels good and what fits into categories where I'm justified to have an opinion. A LOT of what is preached in the Bible, especially the New Testament feels good to practice. The parables of Jesus and using him as a role model to craft ones own life. I like that. There is this deeply ingrained moral compass within humans, where we just kind of "feel" what is right and wrong.

But, your statement about the bible being written by God being "obviously is true, but not true at the same time"...it is 100% NOT true in our current state of man because no human on earth has ever met God. And also the Bible is written in symbolism, and not empirical fact. Like the earth was not created in 7 days, end of story, we know this through science. So **** off you ding-bat Christians who think I will go to hell because I'm interested in the Big Bang Theory and Entropy.

So by definition, the word of the Bible is man-made, and so is vulnerable to man's imperfection.

This is the problem I have with throwing religion into politics. Religion does not belong.....morality does for sure....but saying stuff like "we should outlaw working on a Sunday" is rubbish. "Murder" is not cool, but how do we define murder? A child conceived in traumatic circumstances - poor father, mother who is a drug addict, this poor child spends the first 3 years of their formative life in horrible circumstances and is forever scarred to live the next 50+ years being is absolute misery, and worse will bring down their misery to their family, their children.

What is more harmful to that child, and even "child of God" if you would like....where is the real "murder" here?

This is where it's "not my job" to pursuade that mother what to do.....it's morally corrupt for me to do so because I'm coming from a place of imperfect information, not to mention self-righteous judgement. "If I was that Mom, I'd have the kid and raise them to be.......fill in the blank....Well.....you are not that mom....

Religion falls firmly into a category where government does not belong. Let government rule objective cases, but where it falls into "faith" or subjective personal feelings, stay the **** out. This is why I cringe when I see all these current republican candidates run on the platform that "God runs politics", like no he ****ing doesn't. Stay in your swim lane

Last edited:

dsmalls3

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2017
Tough questions. On the one hand I don't believe the government should be telling anyone in which faith they should believe. On the other hand, it's worse when the govt is hostile to religion.

Point blank, the government should focus on areas where they can be objectively useful. Religion and believes around morality is not one of them.

dsmalls3

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2017

Also, if you want to talk about "murder".....the Old Testament God murdered people......like he murdered A LOT of people..

So there is that...

dsmalls3

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2017

Bro, this is clearly a Christian website, built by man, and you take statements like:

"We trust that all that they wrote was fully truthful and accurate, because we know that Scripture is not man’s creation, but rather the very breath of God Himself"

You actually don't "know" this came from the "very breath of God himself", because you've never met him.

If you come to me and are like "I've never met God, I have no proof, but I can feel His Spirit and just want to be a good person". That's the point where I'm like "**** yeah man, I don't know what to make of life either, but I'm on board your faith. I believe". But, I have NO proof. That is kind of how this whole "faith" deal works out....

It's when you wack job Christians say things like, " We might ask, then, how did God inspire every word of Scripture through these human authors? Did He put them in a trance and override their personality and intellect? Did these writers achieve a level of enlightenment that tuned them into God unlike any other human being ever had been before? Not quite. Instead, we would say that God used the personalities, intellects, and abilities of each writer of Scripture to communicate His Word. Common people, used in uncommon ways, put real ink on real paper as God directed them"

You sound like a chi-mo....and oh by the way, 1/3rd of the people you "appoint" to spread God's word (because you know, he spoke with you all), have some ****ed up way of showing their faith in God in that they like to force middle school boys to fellatio them. A priest/bishop literally manipulates a boy under the age of 18 to stick the priest's penis in their mouth, and claims "this is God's word. IIf you are reading this and thinking "this is wierda", its because it is. ....Or they force sex (rape) girls below the age of 18 to have sex with them, and claim it's in the "name of the Loard and written in scripture"

Seems pretty God like and normal......but kind of also ****ed up....

"Canonization is the identification of writings that were authoritative for the Church because God inspired them" Wow, super glad you touched base with God before you "canonized" his words. Wasn't sure on that, so grateful you talked to him. He wouldn't return my text, seems to have ghosted me. Didn't realize the act of canonizing invvolved so many children unnder the age of 18....

Like fundamentalist Christian values are the driving (voting) force behind abolishing abortion, and yet, the group of you are hypercritical child rapist? Literally, the lowest rung on the steps of evil.

How does this work out okay?

Last edited:

Husker Hank

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
Bro, this is clearly a Christian website, built by man, and you take statements like:

"We trust that all that they wrote was fully truthful and accurate, because we know that Scripture is not man’s creation, but rather the very breath of God Himself"

You actually don't "know" this came from the "very breath of God himself", because you've never met him.

If you come to me and are like "I've never met God, I have no proof, but I can feel His Spirit and just want to be a good person". That's the point where I'm like "**** yeah man, I don't know what to make of life either, but I'm on board your faith. I believe". But, I have NO proof. That is kind of how this whole "faith" deal works out....

It's when you wack job Christians say things like, " We might ask, then, how did God inspire every word of Scripture through these human authors? Did He put them in a trance and override their personality and intellect? Did these writers achieve a level of enlightenment that tuned them into God unlike any other human being ever had been before? Not quite. Instead, we would say that God used the personalities, intellects, and abilities of each writer of Scripture to communicate His Word. Common people, used in uncommon ways, put real ink on real paper as God directed them"

You sound like a chi-mo....and oh by the way, 1/3rd of the people you "appoint" to spread God's word (because you know, he spoke with you all), have some ****ed up way of showing their faith in God in that they like to force middle school boys to fellatio them. A priest/bishop literally manipulates a boy under the age of 18 to stick the priest's penis in their mouth, and claims "this is God's word. IIf you are reading this and thinking "this is wierda", its because it is. ....Or they force sex (rape) girls below the age of 18 to have sex with them, and claim it's in the "name of the Loard and written in scripture"

Seems pretty God like and normal......but kind of also ****ed up....

"Canonization is the identification of writings that were authoritative for the Church because God inspired them" Wow, super glad you touched base with God before you "canonized" his words. Wasn't sure on that, so grateful you talked to him. He wouldn't return my text, seems to have ghosted me. Didn't realize the act of canonizing invvolved so many children unnder the age of 18....

Like fundamentalist Christian values are the driving (voting) force behind abolishing abortion, and yet, the group of you are hypercritical child rapist? Literally, the lowest rung on the steps of evil.

How does this work out okay?
You do you, and I'll do me, and we'll see how it works out for both of us.

Nebraska Power

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I am very religious in my own personal life. Things I feel are right and wrong. I won't necessarily get into it here. But two things I absolutely don't want.

1. The Government enforcing any of those beliefs that I have or any religious beliefs at all.

2. People getting boycotted or cancelled because the don't toe some sort of woke imaginary line. I am not talking about being disrespectful or discriminating. I am talking about expressing a belief, being a member of a church that doesn't have PC views or following people on twitter that are not woke enough for some. That should not in any way affect your job or ability to do anything you want. I also apply that to people that boycott games because people take a knee or Disney because you don't like something. Throughout history boycott's and cancel culture against groups or ideas has always ended up bad. I mean really bad.