Gas price disconnect

biscuitbagger3

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
Your Audi needs 50 amps just to service it? Average houses only require 150-200 amps or 400 amps with electric heat. Your Audi appears to be a bigger consumer of fossil fuels than a 150 4 WD truck on gasoline.
Yeah not even close.

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022
I lost my virginity in a trailer house so did she. We later became successful as husband and wife with other people as well as careers in construction, I and her in public service.
I do just fine but I can say AZ public education is terrible. So I’m a learn as I go person. Also able to process and formulate my own thoughts unlike these Elite/High Educated cucks. My spelling and grammar sucks as bad as your wife Hawkins but unlike you she’s teachable

dragonraider1

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
50 amps for a 'level 2' charger at home. It will charge from empty to 80% in about 6 hours or so. Otherwise this house has a 200 amp panel. The battery is a usable 77 kw capacity. You can plug it in to a normal 110v outlet if you'd like, it just takes longer to charge it up. So far it uses/costs the same amount of electricity as a hot tub.

How much will it cost you after oil, coal and natural gas are banned? Will you only be allowed to charge it on days of sunshine or windy days or those you are not allowed by government to use your HVAC?

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
How much will it cost you after oil, coal and natural gas are banned? Will you only be allowed to charge it on days of sunshine or windy days or those you are not allowed by government to use your HVAC?

I will use the nuclear soil from Vlad's bombs, to put into Mr. Fusion, to generate the 1.21 gigawatts it needs.

dragonraider1

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
I do just fine but I can say AZ public education is terrible. So I’m a learn as I go person. Also able to process and formulate my own thoughts unlike these Elite/High Educated cucks. My spelling and grammar sucks as bad as your wife Hawkins but unlike you she’s teachable
I beg pardon. I have never known a woman with the last name of Hawkins, teachable or not.

Reactions: RatTailGuy

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020

For LA.

Twitter feed must be at the airport rental car return again. No idea why they'd be ~$1 more a gallon in the reporting and use the $8/gal in the image for their link.. oh wait.. yeah it's about clicks.
Are you suggesting the avg price isn't approaching record highs there?

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
What kind of evidence are you looking for? You want a picture of me in it?

We have an Audi e-tron. It's sitting at 80% charge in the garage right now. The chargepoint app shows $30 last month and $2 this month, and I was mistaken in that there is actually 1084 miles.
Let us know when you take it on a week long trip and how much the charging is.

Also how much was the charge station and install in your garage?

dragonraider1

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
I will use the nuclear soil from Vlad's bombs, to put into Mr. Fusion, to generate the 1.21 gigawatts it needs.
Sounds great lets pass it into law. What with all the positive vibes how could we go wrong? Tomarrow Putin starts building Mr Fusions for everyone on the planet at no costs to anyone. *, Nancy, Chuck U, Kamalie... make it so.

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Let us know when you take it on a week long trip and how much the charging is.

Also how much was the charge station and install in your garage?

I will do that.

It was $1100 to install the breaker and run the appropriate size wire from the panel to the garage. Price obviously for something like that vary based on number of variables.

But the plug can be used for multiple things.

Reactions: GBRforLife1

DarkHorse93

Assistant Head Coach
Jul 20, 2001
Western Nebraska
What kind of evidence are you looking for? You want a picture of me in it?

We have an Audi e-tron. It's sitting at 80% charge in the garage right now. The chargepoint app shows $30 last month and $2 this month, and I was mistaken in that there is actually 1084 miles.
My 92 year old FIL has a 2018 Tesla Model X. Lives in Mesa, AZ. Recently drove from Mesa to Sioux City and back home. His Model X qualified for free charging at super stations for life. Tesla also provided him with a charging unit for his house.

Biggest downside is a range less than 300 miles. On the trip back he drove over from Sioux City and picked up my wife. She rode shotgun the remainder of the trip to AZ. They got within 11 miles of running out of juice on one of their stops.

Great vehicle. Just doesn’t work for what I want in a vehicle.

To each their own.

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
My 92 year old FIL has a 2018 Tesla Model X. Lives in Mesa, AZ. Recently drove from Mesa to Sioux City and back home. His Model X qualified for free charging at super stations for life. Tesla also provided him with a charging unit for his house.

Biggest downside is a range less than 300 miles. On the trip back he drove over from Sioux City and picked up my wife. She rode shotgun the remainder of the trip to AZ. They got within 11 miles of running out of juice on one of their stops.

Great vehicle. Just doesn’t work for what I want in a vehicle.

To each their own.

Indeed. That's the rub with the highway adventures, is they really can be quite the adventure ha.

On one hand it really isn't too different than running until your gas light is on. On the other hand, you don't honestly, truly, know with the 99.99% certainty you'd have with gas stations that the charger you are headed to is good to go. So you can get to that charging station with 11 miles left but the next closest fast charger is miles away. So you'd have to plug in at a slow one and hang out for basically hours.

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022
Indeed. That's the rub with the highway adventures, is they really can be quite the adventure ha.

On one hand it really isn't too different than running until your gas light is on. On the other hand, you don't honestly, truly, know with the 99.99% certainty you'd have with gas stations that the charger you are headed to is good to go. So you can get to that charging station with 11 miles left but the next closest fast charger is miles away. So you'd have to plug in at a slow one and hang out for basically hours.
I was told you only want to fast charge the battery when needed as it’s bad for the battery and it’s overall life. So if you’re on one of these road trips are you telling me you just want to do the normal charge or the fast charge? So if you’re somebody who wants to use this for long trips repeatedly and you have to use the supercharger what’s the lifespan on this battery?

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I was told you only want to fast charge the battery when needed as it’s bad for the battery and it’s overall life. So if you’re on one of these road trips are you telling me you just want to do the normal charge or the fast charge? So if you’re somebody who wants to use this for long trips repeatedly and you have to use the supercharger what’s the lifespan on this battery?

From what I've gathered, it depends on the brand to an extent. But when you are doing a road trip you'll want to do the fast charging while you are trying to get there. It just isn't feasible to normal charge on a road trip.

A level 2 (normal) charger would be good for overnight hotel stay. Or is what you could put in your garage like we did. I have only pulled up to a couple just to try it but likely won't ever again unless a hotel has one and I'm staying there.

What I've been told is that it is a lot of 'work' for them to fast charge past 80% up to 100%. I wasn't told to avoid fast charging, but was told to try not to charge to 100% every time if I didn't need to. Each brand has its own charging curve. Some brands might accept max charge rate from 5%-60% and then start slowing down the closer it gets to 80-100%. I've also been told if it runs all the way dead to not leave it that way also.

I am not sure about lifespan. The easy answer would be whatever the warranty is, but I think there is some grey area. When it's past the warranty, or lifespan, instead of something lasting 300 miles maybe it only lasts 270. Car obviously still runs but after 1xx,xxx miles it had a 10% loss.

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
There was a bit of fallout over this video as well :cool:

I would be curious to have Ford let a landscaping company use one to pull around their trailer with mowers and such on it in town. Where the regen braking between stop lights and stop signs could add some power back. Then see how much juice (if any) was still left when they wrapped for the day. Start with 80% charge and see what it has EOD.

Reactions: Oldschool1964

HuskerCubs

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2002
I would be curious to have Ford let a landscaping company use one to pull around their trailer with mowers and such on it in town. Where the regen braking between stop lights and stop signs could add some power back. Then see how much juice (if any) was still left when they wrapped for the day. Start with 80% charge and see what it has EOD.
I will give you a plus for the thought but we have to admit here it does not handle travel towing very well at all at this point and in a state like Nebraska once you are past Kearney going west finding charging locations would get interesting. And that is just on the interstate. I would be curious if there are any on say highway 2 going through towns like Broken Bow.

Maybe it could be more suited for 20-25 MPH driving in town for companies such as that. But keep in mind his range dropped 4 miles just leaving his neighborhood.

Reactions: Oldschool1964

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I will give you a plus for the thought but we have to admit here it does not handle travel towing very well at all at this point and in a state like Nebraska once you are past Kearney going west finding charging locations would get interesting. And that is just on the interstate. I would be curious if there are any on say highway 2 going through towns like Broken Bow.

Maybe it could be more suited for 20-25 MPH driving in town for companies such as that. But keep in mind his range dropped 4 miles just leaving his neighborhood.

Oh yea no doubt. Very situational for towing. Totally agree.

I'll check the apps I have for chargers.*

*Fastest way to describe - only fast chargers along i-80. There is one not rated very high in Potter, NE. Otherwise Norfolk, North Bend, and Wahoo are about as west and north of i-80 as they get in Nebraska. There are a handful of normal chargers in places like Scottsbluff, Chadron, but they are just too slow for covering a lot of ground. So anything too far north of i-80 you are driving your way to a slow charger and staying overnight. And forget about it if towing.

Last edited:

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
How far does a residential lawn service really drive in a day? 100 miles?

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Here is my new favorite video Joe test drove an electric Hummer and loved it. Now see how long it would take to charge it from 4% to full.

If he were a journalist he'd point out that the hummer has a massive, largest on market, 210 kw battery capacity. That it is also setup for 800v so it's fast charging is capable of receiving a rate up to 350kw which is about 10 miles per minute, which is also as fast as it gets today. Jesse should also know that if he had it plugged in overnight he'd wake up to a solid amount of range so he and the kids could go where you needed.

Jesse should also know when a hurricane is coming and have his car charged, much like he would know a hurricane is coming and to have his gas tank full, because without power you aren't getting gas or charging cars.

In short it takes longer than most to charge because it has a 210 kw battery to give the 1000hp enough juice to move the big heavy thing up to 350 miles of range. The audi q4 50 has a 82kw battery by comparison.

I don't post that to try to sell people on it. They have their fair criticisms there is no doubt, including cost. But Jesse is just being lazy and trolling the base.

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
If he were a journalist he'd point out that the hummer has a massive, largest on market, 210 kw battery capacity. That it is also setup for 800v so it's fast charging is capable of receiving a rate up to 350kw which is about 10 miles per minute, which is also as fast as it gets today. Jesse should also know that if he had it plugged in overnight he'd wake up to a solid amount of range so he and the kids could go where you needed.

Jesse should also know when a hurricane is coming and have his car charged, much like he would know a hurricane is coming and to have his gas tank full, because without power you aren't getting gas or charging cars.

In short it takes longer than most to charge because it has a 210 kw battery to give the 1000hp enough juice to move the big heavy thing up to 350 miles of range. The audi q4 50 has a 82kw battery by comparison.

I don't post that to try to sell people on it. They have their fair criticisms there is no doubt, including cost. But Jesse is just being lazy and trolling the base.
I don't think pointing out the severe limitations to the "just go electric" crowd is trolling at all.

For some people they work, for most others they don't. They're clearly not the miracle savior for all our transportation and climate woes they're made out to be.

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I don't think pointing out the severe limitations to the "just go electric" crowd is trolling at all.

For some people they work, for most others they don't. They're clearly not the miracle savior for all our transportation and climate woes they're made out to be.

That was just a jibber jabber piece to try to make fun of Joe Biden, not meant to cover EVs at all. His story could have been, the hummer is big and super heavy, so it requires a massive battery pack. As such even a level 2 charger in your house is going to take a long time to get this vehicle to 80% and beyond. They partially make up for it with being able to accept up to 350kw at a high speed charger but the number of those chargers is limited. So with that and it's hefty price tag, this EV is not for everybody. It doesn't help contribute to being a miracle savior for all of our transportation needs. It is not efficient so its help on climate is also pretty limited. It really seems a battery version of its older sibling that was only able to manage 10mpg.

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
That was just a jibber jabber piece to try to make fun of Joe Biden, not meant to cover EVs at all. His story could have been, the hummer is big and super heavy, so it requires a massive battery pack. As such even a level 2 charger in your house is going to take a long time to get this vehicle to 80% and beyond. They partially make up for it with being able to accept up to 350kw at a high speed charger but the number of those chargers is limited. So with that and it's hefty price tag, this EV is not for everybody. It doesn't help contribute to being a miracle savior for all of our transportation needs. It is not efficient so its help on climate is also pretty limited. It really seems a battery version of its older sibling that was only able to manage 10mpg.
Biden is a fcking moron.

Idk how you can say it didn't cover EVs. It showed the charge time, which is something those of us have discussed here previously.

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Biden is a fcking moron.

Idk how you can say it didn't cover EVs. It showed the charge time, which is something those of us have discussed here previously.

He is just old and borderline dementia.

The whole picture, context, is important if you want to call yourself a fair and balanced news show.

It wasn't intended for someone who could be interested in the nuances of EV charging and getting specific to the hummer. They wanted to LOL Joe Biden and keep filling the bubble with confirmation bias.

HuskerCubs

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2002

It was a fun bit and yes he did it to point out some hypocrisy. Obviously a vehicle of that size probably is going to have similar issues to it's gas powered counterpart. big vehicles big issues.

I liked it because these limitations of some of these ev's they are trying to make right now just fall far from the marks of reliability and ease of use. As for the hurricane bit I believe he was talking about what if they had to drive a bit after the hurricane and still do not have power where they are. When does that power run out.

HuskerCubs

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2002

The whole picture, context, is important if you want to call yourself a fair and balanced news show.

It wasn't intended for someone who could be interested in the nuances of EV charging and getting specific to the hummer. They wanted to LOL Joe Biden and keep filling the bubble with confirmation bias.
While I do admit that Jesse is not Walter Cronkite fair and balanced no "journalist" is anymore not even sports reporters. I do believe that he tries to keep his slant away from the far right unlike many in the MSM and the far left.

In this story yes he wanted to poke fun of the president who didn't own an electric car before he was elected and started this ev push and one that he wanted to test drive is an out of the box purchase for the average consumer. And BTW Joe will never personally ever own an EV until his last days because now that he is president he will never be able to get behind the wheel of any car ever again (other than a control space joyride like this) that is a secret service basic rule. Become president essentially lose your use of a drivers license.

Reactions: lolwat

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022

What you fail to realize if “everyone is green” and needs to charge before the hurricane how will the grid hold up?

Those that “missed out” will be stranded and in danger.

But you don’t want to talk about that reality

lolwat

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
What you fail to realize if “everyone is green” and needs to charge before the hurricane how will the grid hold up?

Those that “missed out” will be stranded and in danger.

But you don’t want to talk about that reality

I don't know. We can go in 100 circles on various hypotheticals. Are you talking 100% ev ownership at current number of chargers and grid capacity? Then yes, even every day aspects of getting around could be in question.

Are you talking proportionate EV count, with scaling that happens in parallel with grid capacity, charger locations, and home level 2 installs? Cars that can will be charged at home before the storm hits. Cars that need to hit the public chargers for some strange reason, will likely head to wait in line like they do at gas stations. Hurricanes have days of notice, sometimes more than a week. If that's the case I don't see a scenario too much different with EV or no EV.

I get you don't like electric cars and I'm not trying to convince you to like them or convince you as to the feasibility. You honestly don't need a good reason to not like them, you do you. But we really don't have to make things up or be dishonest about them. Much like on the other side - they shouldn't be sold as the savior of all transportation needs that will single handedly solve global warming.

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020

I think that's your bias coming in.