ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Bar Scene / Barry's

CornHusker_635

Walk On
Dec 14, 2017
Have not seen a post on this topic yet. For those of you who don't know, Barry's bar shut down due to the pandemic and has yet to come back. They were not open for any games this fall and will not be open for spring game. Gameday this past fall was simply not the same without that place. They were sold a few months back and the latest I have heard is they are planning on opening back up this fall under new management. Which is a relief because at one point they were considering turning it into a hotel I heard. RIP Barry's.

With that being said, where is the go to spot for spring game....rail yard? Is there BS capacity limits/mask requirements like there was in the fall?

Kinkaider..... yuck. Worst craft brew ever
Blasphemer. Actually, outside of Fairy Nectar, I don't drink much Kinkaider. But, their place in Broken Bow is fun to go have a couple of beers and a good prime rib on the back patio on a nice evening - particularly if you grew up near a feedlot and miss that old feedlot smell from your youth .

Blasphemer. Actually, outside of Fairy Nectar, I don't drink much Kinkaider. But, their place in Broken Bow is fun to go have a couple of beers and a good prime rib on the back patio on a nice evening - particularly if you grew up near a feedlot and miss that old feedlot smell from your youth .
Boiler room is best brewery in Lincoln

Have not seen a post on this topic yet. For those of you who don't know, Barry's bar shut down due to the pandemic and has yet to come back. They were not open for any games this fall and will not be open for spring game. Gameday this past fall was simply not the same without that place. They were sold a few months back and the latest I have heard is they are planning on opening back up this fall under new management. Which is a relief because at one point they were considering turning it into a hotel I heard. RIP Barry's.

With that being said, where is the go to spot for spring game....rail yard? Is there BS capacity limits/mask requirements like there was in the fall?

When did Barry's open? I think the first time I went to it was in the early to mid nineties. Living so far away I wasn't in it much but it all seemed to be a fun place to go on game days.

When did Barry's open? I think the first time I went to it was in the early to mid nineties. Living so far away I wasn't in it much but it all seemed to be a fun place to go on game days.
Not sure but about 10 years ago it was sold (after almost going under) and they opened the rooftop up, it was packed on game day. I read in the paper that they would have over 5,000 people go through that place on game day.

I know Barry's was open in the late 80s, but why would you go there on game days when you could go downstairs to Chesterfields/Big Red Pool room and smell the sewer backing up.

Last edited:
That last sentence peaked my interest beyond the beer, LOL.

I grew up on a feedlot, and now I live on a main N/S US HWY, and I can sit in my yard and tell you if the pot of critters going by is a load of green calves or feeders (coming off grass), or out of a feedlot, heading to slaughter, without even turning my head.

Spent some time there Saturday. When its nice out its a great time. Still a dump though but thats just part of the fun.
When I was in college it was not there. I went a few years ago just to see and it was amazing in a bad way but still amazing. I can see why it is packed and makes crazy cash. The location alone is pretty much perfect to get all the frat/sororities there on a regular basis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT