ADVERTISEMENT

Game Two: Saturday, May 29th: Michigan at Nebraska - (Huskers win 5-3)

Sounds like it's going to be Kyle Perry to start Game 2. The producer didn't cut off the audio quick enough from the interview between Jeff Christie and Greg Sharpe prior to Game 1.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I’d like to see what Kyle Perry can do again.. he had a great 2 innings against bucknuts last Sunday..

Reactions: huskerfan66
Perry was talked about as the verified starter for the series finale multiple times in today's first game, so they were not being secretive about it.

Meanwhile, Indiana has walked 7 Maryland batters already in the second game of their doubleheader. It's only the bottom of the 2nd. Pathetic.

Reactions: saluno22
Top 1st

Kyle Perry to make the start for the Huskers as he allows a one out walk
The next batter grounds out to 2nd
Anderson then makes a great play at 3rd to get the 3rd out.

Bottom 1st

Hallmark with a one out infield single to SS
Schwellenbach grounds out to 1st, but Hallmark heads to 2nd on the play
Roskam grounds out to 2nd to end the inning

0-0

Would be kind of funny: "It's just streaming and not on the flagship, put in the B team!"

I wouldn't put it beyond this conference.
I assume since the BTN crew was there for all 3 games anyway the cameramen are the same, but even if not, HuskerVision actually takes their jobs seriously unlike the video departments at other schools, so there wouldn't be any drop off.

Top 2nd

Perry with a nice 1-2-3 top half

Bottom 2nd

Everitt with a 2 out single to CF otherwise nada

0-0

Top 3rd

Another 1-2-3 inning for Perry

Bottom 3rd

Two out solo shot to LF for Hallmark!!!
Schwellenbach called out in a close play at 1st for the 3rd out.

1-0 Huskers

Top 4th

Shay Schanaman now into pitch for Nebraska as he works a 1-2-3 inning

Bottom 4th

Roskam with a leadoff walk to get it started for Nebraska
Roskam then advances to 2nd on a WP
Anderson with an RBI single to LF!!!
Matthews walks and Michigan makes a call to the bullpen
Everitt tries to SAC bunt but ends up bunting it past the 3rd baseman who was charging in a little to hard for an infield single to load the bases!
Foster with an RBI single to left center!!!
Banjoff with the SAC fly to RF!
Everitt tries to take home on the WP but the catcher wins the race to the plate to tag him out for out #2, Foster does take 2nd on the play.
Acker grounds out to SS to end the inning.

4-0 Huskers

Top 4th

Shay Schanaman now into pitch for Nebraska as he works a 1-2-3 inning

Bottom 4th

Roskam with a leadoff walk to get it started for Nebraska
Roskam then advances to 2nd on a WP
Anderson with an RBI single to LF!!!
Matthews walks and Michigan makes a call to the bullpen
Everitt tries to SAC bunt but ends up bunting it past the 3rd baseman who was charging in a little to hard for an infield single to load the bases!
Foster with an RBI single to left center!!!
Banjoff with the SAC fly to RF!
Everitt tries to take home on the WP but the catcher wins the race to the plate to tag him out for out #2, Foster does take 2nd on the play.
Acker grounds out to SS to end the inning.

4-0 Huskers
Was Everitt out? Looked safe hut they didnt show a replay at the game.

For those listening to the radio, did I just hear Ben Mcalaughlin just say he was thankful that no matter what regional we go to atleast we won't have b1g umpires

Reactions: Can o' corn
Would be kind of funny: "It's just streaming and not on the flagship, put in the B team!"

I wouldn't put it beyond this conference.
I was listening to a Legion game yesterday and they said there was no video stream because they couldn't show enough of the field. I told my wife that the B1G+ has no problem with only showing a portion of the field. 🤪

Last edited:
For those listening to the radio, did I just hear Ben Mcalaughlin just say he was thankful that no matter what regional we go to atleast we won't have b1g umpires
He did. This clown behind the plate has been horrible. He watched the phantom tag against us at 1st. He missed the call on what should have a wild pitch. And he blew the call on the Hallmark bunt.

Top 5th

Shay with another 1-2-3 inning

Bottom 5th

Schwellenbach with a one out walk forces Michigan to make another call to the bullpen.
Roskam walks
Anderson grounds into a double play

4-0 Huskers

Belt high over the heart of the plate is a strike according to that crazy rrulebook. This guy has called at least three of those pitches balls. It's like Bob Hamolka is back...

Top 6th

A two single to CF for Michigan otherwise nothing.

Bottom 6th

A Leadoff 4 pitch walk for Matthews which forces Michigan to make another call to the bullpen
Everitt with a SAC bunt to move Matthews to 2nd
Foster K’s
Banjoff K’s

4-0 Huskers

He did. This clown behind the plate has been horrible. He watched the phantom tag against us at 1st. He missed the call on what should have a wild pitch. And he blew the call on the Hallmark bunt.
Thanks. I was working and had one ear on the radio and the other not. I was just getting out of the cab and I thought that's where he was going 🤣. LoL 😅😆

Belt high over the heart of the plate is a strike according to that crazy rrulebook. This guy has called at least three of those pitches balls. It's like Bob Hamolka is back...
OH no say it ain't so. There's a flash from the past like a belch from a bad onion

Top 7th

One out HBP puts a Michigan runner on 1st
The next batter flies out to CF
A single to LF puts runners on 1st and 2nd
Am I field single to SS loads the bases
Shay with a huge K to get out of the inning unscathed

Bottom 7th

One out walk for Hallmark
Schwellenbach K’s
Roskam grounds out

4-0 Nebraska

Top 8th

Olsen now in to pitch for Nebraska and he works a quick 1-2-3 inning

Bottom 8th

Anderson leads off with a solo shot to LF!!!
Matthews K’s
Everitt K’s
Foster K’s

5-0 Huskers

Top 9th

Olsen gives up a two out single through the left side, the runner then steals 2nd.
An RBI single through the left side puts Michigan in the board.
He then gives up a 2 run homerun to LF.
Schwellenbach now comes in to relieve Olsen who gets the out and the Nebraska series win!!!

Ditto. Thank you guys. Let's make a good run in regionals. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they make it to Omaha

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
At least the BTN+ broadcast is the same production (video-wise) as game one.
That's because Nebraska produces it.

The home team is always responsible for the BTN+ product. Nebraska BY FAR does the best job

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT