ADVERTISEMENT

Game recap: This is the moment. Time to put up or shut up!

Husker_AMG63

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 14, 2019
My thoughts after the game today.

The good:

1. Team played hard and wasn't intimidated!
2. Martinez came to play and I believe he is making betters decisions with the ball.
3. Defense led by Chinander played lights out most of the game.
4. Travis Fisher needs a raise. To hold those 5 and upper 4 star receivers to only 23 points is phenomenal!
5. The coaches made half time adjustments it seems for the first time since they been in Lincoln.
6. OL, outside of the the penalties played well against a a team with NFL players everywhere you gone give up some sacks and TFL's.
7. We have probably the best receiving corp we've had in at least 8 years...absolute BALLERS!
8. Team didn't fold up like they did in the past when mistakes were made or OU scored. They kept bouncing back.
Frost didn't get outcoached.

The bad:
1. Frost needs to give up play calling and coach the WHOLE TEAM especially special teams!
2. Martinez can't win a game at the end. He folds every time on a last drive. Remember Iowa a couple times.
3. RB coach Held needs to figure which backs are gonna run downhill and Frost needs get rid of that outside zone Oregon run! It's like the swing pass....doesn't work!
4. Frost needs to stop coaching scared and let his nuts hang. Adrian can make the plays if he is not worried bout mistakes. No Fear of Failure.
5. Culp has NO CONFIDENCE! Plan for 4 downs the rest of the year. Play to win by getting touchdowns.
6. I believe 3rd week IN A ROW NO SACKS. I've never seen a team in my life go 3 weeks without a sack.

We have TALENT...probably as much as anyone left on our schedule outside of OSU.
If you go out and beat a good Michigan State next week then you can build on that. They don't have the players OU has so it's no reason we can't win that!

The only thing that scares me is Mel Tucker. That dude can coach!

Last edited:
6. OL, outside of the the penalties played well against a a team with NFL players everywhere you gone give up some sacks and TFL's.
john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

ADVERTISEMENT