ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Super late to this and that's fine, but I fished the show a few weeks back. Not just ending specifically, but how did we feel about the entire show?

The first few seasons were awesome. What else like that has ever been on TV, on that scale, with all the violence and tiddies you could ask for?

Unfortunately, they ran out of source material. George R. R. Martin was taking forever to write the next book, so they sort of stalled for a couple of seasons. I really, REALLY hated the Aya "Faceless Man" and Ramsay Bolton storylines that dragged on far longer than necessary. It seemed like they were just stalling for time. Then they made the final two seasons shorter, and really put everything in FAST-FORWARD. So you had episodes where almost nothing happened, and then suddenly they squeezed huge epic battles into 30 minutes. I have to say this, the Night King wasn't a great military leader, considering his massive, unstoppable army had only one Death Star-sized weakness...

The first few seasons were awesome. What else like that has ever been on TV, on that scale, with all the violence and tiddies you could ask for?

Unfortunately, they ran out of source material. George R. R. Martin was taking forever to write the next book, so they sort of stalled for a couple of seasons. I really, REALLY hated the Aya "Faceless Man" and Ramsay Bolton storylines that dragged on far longer than necessary. It seemed like they were just stalling for time. Then they made the final two seasons shorter, and really put everything in FAST-FORWARD. So you had episodes where almost nothing happened, and then suddenly they squeezed huge epic battles into 30 minutes. I have to say this, the Night King wasn't a great military leader, considering his massive, unstoppable army had only one Death Star-sized weakness...
I can understand why the growth with Arya had to happen and I liked where her character went, but damn all that weird Faceless man stuff was just weird to me and I didn't really understand. Certainly helped her out it seemed in her most important moment though.

I can understand why the growth with Arya had to happen and I liked where her character went, but damn all that weird Faceless man stuff was just weird to me and I didn't really understand. Certainly helped her out it seemed in her most important moment though.
I really wanted to see the Arya story arc developed further. I was intrigued by the mysterious odd the faceless man.

Holy eyebrows Batman! :eek:

MV5BNjg3OTg4MDczMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc0NzUwNjE@._V1_.jpg

Shes a natural brunette.

Am I the only that finds lipstick and gloss disgusting?

Hair, eyebrows & Lipstick, huh guys?

You know how I know you're effeminate?

I freaking miss this show and enjoyed all 8 seasons. The writers rushed the ending and failed to properly tie-up several plot lines however. I can understand why some people were torn up about this, but it didn’t ruin the show, as a whole, for me.

I loved GoT, but I too felt the final season was incredibly rushed. It's very, very hard for shows to stick the landing, and I think GoT kind of...didn't. I am struggling to think of shows that did...

- Breaking Bad did.
- The Sopranos did.
- The Wire did.
- Mad Men did but it was weird.

So many great ones didn't, though. Battlestar Galactica really whiffed it. True Detective sucked after Season 1 (anthology, but still). The Simpsons hasn't been good for like, 15 years.

Anyway, GoT starts out very strong, only seems to get better (but it can be relentlessly grim), and then really just slammed through the ending in a way that I found to be very unsatisfying. I don't even object to HOW it ended, I just didn't like how it blazed through it. It made it feel like it made less sense.

I would add LOST to this list. I would say they... ended it, but the ending didn’t receive high praise.

We're all just going to act like Breaking Bad didn't happen?

That's my #1. Only show I can remember where the last season and last episode lived up to the entirety of the show itself and I wasn't left wanting or wondering. Great from start to finish. Even the Better Call Saul spinoff is great.

GOT was great when using books, after that it was different, but I still enjoyed it.

TWD almost died when they moved to that farm. That season was BRUTALLY slow and boring. I still watch it though.

Justified and The Shield were at least as good as Breaking Bad. All great shows.

I was being kind to you 3 muskaqueers.

I don't like caterpillars on the forehead, sue me.:confused:

Don't want to play 3 Muskaqueers with you. I know how badly you'd like to play D'Artagnon and jump in the middle and sword fight the boys, but I'm not interested in your homoerotic projections.:eek:

GoT could've been really good if not great. Too bad with no writer (that cares about the story), you're left with only the money grubbers. Disappointing last 3rd, but still good enough that I would recommend to others.

I don't like caterpillars on the forehead, sue me.:confused:

Don't want to play 3 Muskaqueers with you. I know how badly you'd like to play D'Artagnon and jump in the middle and sword fight the boys, but I'm not interested in your homoerotic projections.:eek:
Hey! Come up with your own lingo. Oh well, your imitation is very sincere...

Reactions: Sinomatic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT