ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Nov 29, 2018
Super late to this and that's fine, but I fished the show a few weeks back. Not just ending specifically, but how did we feel about the entire show?

My opinion, beginning was cool, middle was pretty slow but I understand why, ending was absolutely fantastic. Jaw was on the floor for a lot of it.

Just curious?

Reactions: HuskAir
It started very strong. Hit a bit of a lull after the Red Wedding (still entertaining), and became almost something else entirely in the last few seasons. What it became was less story driven, character focused, morally ambiguous, and nuanced. It became a big budget Hollywood movie series that was still fun to watch but lost most of what initially made it so great.

I thought the final two season were tragically mishandled and rushed, which is not to say I didn’t enjoy them and eagerly anticipate them each Sunday. Like everyone else I wanted the pacing of the early and middle seasons to carry over into the final seasons, but it was clear that the show creators were out of their depth once they got past the source material.

Game of Thrones or Walking Dead in its prime? Thought the Walking Dead story got pretty old and I stopped watching after Carl shot his eye.

I wasn't by any means mad at the finale or anything, just kind of confused on how it could just suddenly end without must justification? Just felt like they went "whatever, end it" after everything hit its climax.

But you gotta admit their was some good nudity. Mother of dragons!! Yummy

Man, I had to fast forward through about 1/3rd of the series.

Yeah she was pretty. I'll take her secretary though, she was hotter imho.

GOT was the greatest series of all time in my book!!!! ...and I missed the last season, I'm hoping to watch it someday.....don't tell me who won!!!!

I just finished it last week. I thought it was fantastic! Last episode was ‘meh’; 2nd to last episode was almost exhausting.

I felt sorry for people that had to wait a week for the next episode; and can’t imagine waiting months (and 2 years) for the next season!

Simply one of the best things ever to come to television outside of football.

Super late to this and that's fine, but I fished the show a few weeks back. Not just ending specifically, but how did we feel about the entire show?

My opinion, beginning was cool, middle was pretty slow but I understand why, ending was absolutely fantastic. Jaw was on the floor for a lot of it.

Just curious?
Overall I liked the show. Got slow at times. I hated the last season. You can't build a story lines for 6/7 years and then just mush them all together and end stuff in a single season or even single episode. The 'last season felt very very rushed.

Game of Thrones or Walking Dead in its prime? Thought the Walking Dead story got pretty old and I stopped watching after Carl shot his eye.

I wasn't by any means mad at the finale or anything, just kind of confused on how it could just suddenly end without must justification? Just felt like they went "whatever, end it" after everything hit its climax.
I've only watched the first season of GOT, I just can't find the time to devote to it! I was a diehard fan of TWD, but have to admit that after about the third season I really hated it and wanted to quit. I finally walked away after the first episode two seasons ago. It got to where it was just terrible.

Just curious?

Beginning was cool, middle was fantastic, then they ran out of source material and the rest was absolute garbage in a comically inept way

Reactions: rednwash
Last season was total trash. Not only was it very rushed, but the dialogue of the characters became terrible and the writing would continually contradict itself.
It was so bad that I have zero interest in watching any of it again, nor any of the spin-off’s in development. Which is sad because I greatly enjoyed it up until the last season.

Virtually, Jon Snow’s only two lines of every episode of the last season:
“She’s mah kween.”
“I dunt wunt it.”

9bmZ6yw.gif

Last season was total trash. Not only was it very rushed, but the dialogue of the characters became terrible and the writing would continually contradict itself.
It was so bad that I have zero interest in watching any of it again, nor any of the spin-off’s in development. Which is sad because I greatly enjoyed it up until the last season.

Virtually, Jon Snow’s only two lines of every episode of the last season:
“She’s mah kween.”
“I dunt wunt it.”

9bmZ6yw.gif
I mean in all fairness he was pretty firm in that stance.....I was really hoping him and Khaleesi were going to be able to figure their shit out.

I've only watched the first season of GOT, I just can't find the time to devote to it! I was a diehard fan of TWD, but have to admit that after about the third season I really hated it and wanted to quit. I finally walked away after the first episode two seasons ago. It got to where it was just terrible.
Only piece of advice I really have for GOT is make sure you pay full attention when you do watch it. Put the phone away, you'll miss stuff. I made the mistake a few times and don't remember stuff. I may go back and re-watch it some day to make sense out of some stuff.

Overall I liked the show. Got slow at times. I hated the last season. You can't build a story lines for 6/7 years and then just mush them all together and end stuff in a single season or even single episode. The 'last season felt very very rushed.
I personally only felt that way about the last episode. Thought they set the last episode up well and then just didn't care about the finale.

Walking Dead will always have the greatest opening scene in the history of TV. It was impossible to stop watching this show if you watched this scene.

Last edited:
GoT was great, last two episodes were unfortunate but didnt ruin it. People complaining about nudity should have stuck to Matlock.

I thought Walking Dead was awful after season 2.

Reactions: koolhusker
We're all just going to act like Breaking Bad didn't happen?

That's my #1. Only show I can remember where the last season and last episode lived up to the entirety of the show itself and I wasn't left wanting or wondering. Great from start to finish. Even the Better Call Saul spinoff is great.

GOT was great when using books, after that it was different, but I still enjoyed it.

TWD almost died when they moved to that farm. That season was BRUTALLY slow and boring. I still watch it though.

Reactions: SkerInCo
We're all just going to act like Breaking Bad didn't happen?

That's my #1. Only show I can remember where the last season and last episode lived up to the entirety of the show itself and I wasn't left wanting or wondering. Great from start to finish. Even the Better Call Saul spinoff is great.

GOT was great when using books, after that it was different, but I still enjoyed it.

TWD almost died when they moved to that farm. That season was BRUTALLY slow and boring. I still watch it though.
Just couldn't ever get into Breaking Bad, just not my thing. Watched a couple episodes and it was just too slow, kinda random too.

GoT was great while they were working off GRR Martin's material (very good material from which to work). Then it slowly fell apart. Show would have benefited from Martin getting off his lazy a$$ and finishing the books.

Reactions: Husker Hunyock
I loved GoT, but I too felt the final season was incredibly rushed. It's very, very hard for shows to stick the landing, and I think GoT kind of...didn't. I am struggling to think of shows that did...

- Breaking Bad did.
- The Sopranos did.
- The Wire did.
- Mad Men did but it was weird.

So many great ones didn't, though. Battlestar Galactica really whiffed it. True Detective sucked after Season 1 (anthology, but still). The Simpsons hasn't been good for like, 15 years.

Anyway, GoT starts out very strong, only seems to get better (but it can be relentlessly grim), and then really just slammed through the ending in a way that I found to be very unsatisfying. I don't even object to HOW it ended, I just didn't like how it blazed through it. It made it feel like it made less sense.

I always tell people that they need to get to about the fourth episode. Then things really start picking up.
Really only 2 moments I remember from that show....

1. Jessie and some other people had an absolute rager at some house and the room was generally empty besides a giant stereo system. Next morning, woke up and left as if nothing ever happened

2. Briefcase exchange towards the end of the show and someone died.....bout it

1. Jessie and some other people had an absolute rager at some house and the room was generally empty besides a giant stereo system. Next morning, woke up and left as if nothing ever happened

1.) That was his parents house that he bought from them and evicted them from. He lives there until the end of the show. And that was hilarious.

2.) I don't remember what that was, but so many people get killed in that show that who knows what that was about.

Breaking Bad rules. And yes, you all are right, it's kind of weird and random at first, but once it establishes what it is going to do, plot-wise, it's like a runaway freight train. It's amazing.

Reactions: Denver 'Sker
Breaking Bad is also one of the great things to ever come to TV - along with Better Call Saul.

BTW, in defense of the large volume of nudity in GOT, it was a useful artistic tool in showing the depravity and debauchery of many of the characters and the world they lived in.

At least that is how I choose to defend it.

Oh so you made it more than a couple episodes like you originally said. Laughing Then yeah the show just might not be for you and that's okay...although you're wrong. Winking

Oh so you made it more than a couple episodes like you originally said. Laughing Then yeah the show just might not be for you and that's okay...although you're wrong. Winking
lol I watched an Eminem interview on facebook because I was bored and his quote was something like that "you can have an opinion, that's fine. But your opinion is wrong." nah I just watched it spotty whenever my dad had it on. He liked the show. I just couldn't get into it.

Reactions: huskeralk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT