ADVERTISEMENT

Game in Ireland is 240 days away, think it happens?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
Anyone going?
IMO, the whole international travel part complicates things, possible quarantine requirements before/after travel still in place.
If Ireland is scrapped game will move to Champagne right?
GBR!

I’d be surprised if it happens. That’s a big trip that requires planning months in advance for many people.

I’m guessing most will feel comfortable traveling abroad by September, but will they feel comfortable making that commitment by March? I doubt it. On top of that, Moos has gotta be thinking the number of interested fans has dwindled due to another poor season.

Should just do it another year down the road.

Anyone going?
IMO, the whole international travel part complicates things, possible quarantine requirements before/after travel still in place.
GBR!

Its technically an Illinois home game. I would think they would want the game played in Champaign if Ireland is a no go.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I would like to go and see Ireland but I would want to spend more time without having the game interfere with sight seeing more of the beautiful country and not have to rush because of a football game....

I think a decision will come around April sometime but right now I would say it isn’t going to be in Ireland...

Reactions: CatColumbia
I would like to go and see Ireland but I would want to spend more time without having the game interfere with sight seeing more of the beautiful country and not have to rush because of a football game....

I think a decision will come around April sometime but right now I would say it isn’t going to be in Ireland...

They offer the tourism package where you can stay 8-9 days, see the cliffs, Dublin, golfing, etc.

They offer the tourism package where you can stay 8-9 days, see the cliffs, Dublin, golfing, etc.

That would be awesome.. I’m all in for a little golf in that part of the country even if it isn’t Scotland..

Some buddies of mine are talking about going to Norman in September but lately away games haven’t been fun to go too the last 8 years because of the poor performances...

Let's play it in Soldier Field.
I agree! I've been saying this for a long time. Playing the game at an NFL stadium during week zero with a national TV audience would be a great opportunity for both teams. Soldier Field makes the most sense as it's an Illinois home game, but playing it in St. Louis, Kansas City, or Minneapolis would all work. Those are also destinations that fans of both teams could travel too.

I’d be surprised if it happens. That’s a big trip that requires planning months in advance for many people.

I’m guessing most will feel comfortable traveling abroad by September, but will they feel comfortable making that commitment by March? I doubt it. On top of that, Moos has gotta be thinking the number of interested fans has dwindled due to another poor season.

Should just do it another year down the road.
On top of that, Illinois will have a new coaching staff. I’m not sure they will want their first game to be halfway around the world against a conference powerhouse.

I think Moos said on the radio recently that they would have a better idea by February. We have airfare and a cruise scheduled after the game, but that can be changed. I think they will be able to travel by May or so as enough people will have received the vaccine by then. Will the other countries allow visitors in time for them to make that decision? My gut says no.

I think Moos said on the radio recently that they would have a better idea by February. We have airfare and a cruise scheduled after the game, but that can be changed. I think they will be able to travel by May or so as enough people will have received the vaccine by then. Will the other countries allow visitors in time for them to make that decision? My gut says no.

I can’t see anyone packing 60,000 fans like sardines any time in 2021.

Anyone going?
GBR!
Hard to say, but they have some real lunatics over there. Earlier this year people were prohibited from going further than 3 mi from their homes. Because, covid.

I’ve got tickets to go back to Korea in May. But it’s free and easy to change your tickets if needed during this time. Getting a full refund might be a little more problematic depending on the airline though.

Also, keep an eye on the US embassy page to Ireland to keep up on the details of traveling there. No one knows how this will all play out that far down the road. We might have a better idea by Spring.

Vaccine can get a lot of work done in that timeframe. We'll see what happens in terms of travel and whether people will be required to show shot records to go certain places.

Vaccine can get a lot of work done in that timeframe. We'll see what happens in terms of travel and whether people will be required to show shot records to go certain places.
They are going to have to speed up vaccine distribution because it’s going a lot slower than promised so far. And let’s hope we don’t have too many nurses like the one in Wisconsin deliberately destroying vaccines.

Reactions: beaglehusker
I don't see the appeal of going to a foreign country and watching an American game. I'd rather watch a soccer game in that part of the world, and I'm not even a soccer fan.

I would say its unlikely, plus assuming full stadiums will be a thing in the fall of 2021, I think schools should take advantage of as many on campus games as possible.

Went to see Rutgers Pitt in Ireland maybe thirty years ago. Good trip, stayed for a week. Only bad thing about trip was it was late October or early November and daylight hours are much shorter than here.
Also had to get used to driving on left - every time I tried to put on turn signal, I turned in the wipers instead.

I’ll be there if it’s played.

I don’t think they will though because of the international travel ban. I can see them pushing this to 2023.
The British Isles will have this under control by then. I know people who already have their trip booked. Everybody who wants vaccinated will have it by this summer. I won't be surprised if they require a vaccination stamp on your passport to travel there at that time. I know people from Europe who just flew in to the U.S. from Europe so there's obviously not much of a travel ban here.

If played what time do they play this game..Their 6 hours ahead of us in Nebraska...

I’m thinking 11:00 am kick 5:00 pm there..

Reactions: dinglefritz
If played what time do they play this game..Their 6 hours ahead of us in Nebraska...

I’m thinking 11:00 am kick 5:00 pm there..
It would be kind of cool if they had a 2 pm kick and we could have Breakfast with the Huskers starting at 8 AM...I sure many would hate it, but it would be cool to be the only game playing on a Saturday morning.

My wife and I were going to go, but she decided to go and get pregnant (don't worry, I'm the father). Not sure a trip to Ireland with 3.5 month old would be that much fun.

My wife and I were going to go, but she decided to go and get pregnant (don't worry, I'm the father). Not sure a trip to Ireland with 3.5 month old would be that much fun.

It wouldn't

ADVERTISEMENT