ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day!!

It will be noon for me out here. I will get started around 8:00 with breakfast Bloody Marys.

Then cigars, Scotch, and a smoked whole pig to be consumed in the post game.

I guess I should kill the pig before the Bloody Marys
How do you smoke the whole pig? You must have a large smoker/pit for a whole pig to fit on. I for one would love to see pics of that cook and I'm sure there are others that would as well.

Reactions: Sinomatic
How do you smoke the whole pig? You must have a large smoker/pit for a whole pig to fit on. I for one would love to see pics of that cook and I'm sure there are others that would as well.
I have a six foot long, three foot wide, charcoal pig roaster. There will be pics taken, so if I can figure out how to post one on here I will.

I just use charcoal, applewood and hickory chips. 250 degrees, indirect heat and smoke for about 8 hours. The pig will be around 180 pounds after gutting

Week 0 in 7 days
  • Florida vs. Miami-FL in Orlando
  • Arizona @ Hawaii
Looking forward to a great 2019 College Football season, where Big Ten likely beats up on one another.

Nebraska's first real story is 3 weeks from today at Colorado. First road test and redemption from last year's loss in Lincoln?

My Top 4 for the Playoff
  1. Clemson
  2. Alabama
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Georgia
Not sold on B1G Media picks for Indianapolis: Michigan vs. Nebraska

Nebraska will bowl, but Indianapolis would be remarkable rebound from back to back 4-8 campaigns.

Not sold on Michigan. A Top 4, no.
Jim Harbaugh is 1-9 in Top 10 games, past four seasons.

Week 4, at Wisconsin

Week 2, at Colorado

Two games need to see played out.

For Iowa, the Iowa-ISU could be first Top 20/25 showdown in series history?

Michigan State hosts Arizona State in preseason. Are the Spartans back from injuries? They should have one solid defense. Defense wins championships, the old saying goes.

Ohio State plays only nine P5 schools in 2019, did I hear?

Coach Ryan Day is 3-0, but no Urban, and as one fan shared yesterday, 2020 will be their season. QB room is a question mark in 2019?

Penn State is strong on defense, but what about youth movement on offense?

James Franklin has work ahead in 2019.

What about the Big Ten West. Many suggest six teams could vie for the date in Indianapolis?
  1. Wisconsin - more than not, the title is played through Madison or Lincoln this year, since UW comes to town for Huskers? You have to beat the Badgers, if you are going be in the conversations for Indianapolis in 2019? Michigan is first game to test that theory, since L would impact boys from Ann Arbor!
  2. Northwestern - new QB could be upgrade to Clayton Thorson? Defending West division champs are good, especially on defense, but can they repeat?
  3. Iowa has beat Nebraska 5 out of 6 years now on Black Friday. This could be a very important game for either team in Lincoln in 2019? Biggest game in series history before it moves off Friday?
  4. Minnesota - who is the sleeper in the Big Ten West in 2019?
  5. Purdue - the Boilermakers have an outstanding playmaker and they should have a very good WR room. But, they may have to outscore everyone over 9 games in Big Ten, which is a tall order to win a division!
  6. Illinois - Lovie Smith has a more seasoned team. New QB and he is taking over reigns of DC.
It is the 150th anniversary of College Football.

It should be a great year in the Big Ten and overall in College Football.

peace
????

You’ve been ‘prepping’ for the game for a while now. Just thought I’d check in on your progress.
Unfortunately, work got in the way, so not as well as I was hoping, but I’ll recommit at about 4:30 today and won’t slow down. This I promise.

ADVERTISEMENT