ADVERTISEMENT

Galaxy Edge

Is the curve screen that big of a deal? I am looking to upgrade and am curious what the difference is. What is the word they gave you on battery life?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I haven't gotten to the edge part yet, check with my wife for an answer. Battery is more than solid.

Speaker is awesome, seems to be of better quality than the M8 I had and that had dual speakers. There's a few apps that Samsung doesn't have for some stupid reason as they're national companies. Oh well.

Picture quality is awesome and there's a few tools within the camera that are pretty cool.

I opted for the non-Edge version until Samsung can show that the curved screen isn't a flashy gimmick. I do credit Samsung for trying different things, but they often rush an impractical but cool feature out to market. The Edge screen looks really cool but I don't have much use for it yet.

My S6 should arrive at my house on Tuesday. Can't wait! My S3 can't hold a charge for more than six hours with light usage, the exterior is banged up (I don't believe in putting a cheap plastic case over an expensive smartphone), and the charger port is loose. I really need 2015 specs and OS now.

I've been a huge fan of the S series from Samsung but no SD slot or removable batter is a deal breaker for me. Just becoming an iPhone.

Originally posted by SkerInCo:
I've been a huge fan of the S series from Samsung but no SD slot or removable batter is a deal breaker for me. Just becoming an iPhone.
Me too. Removable battery is major selling point. I keep an extra charged battery along with me most of the time.

I've seen them in person, and although I resist buying cell phones, I think the edge screen is a fantastic idea, and one I would use if the right information is shown on it.

You're laying on the couch watching the spring game, the phone is on the coffee table, the device alerts you, you look at the edge of it, ahh, just a text from your drunk brother in law, no need to make any effort to grab the phone is then required.. :)

I have the S3 & I'm looking to upgrade pretty soon. Thanks HTO.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Extra battery for what? There's all kinds of chargers that serve the same purpose.

Help me understand...
Yeah, I bought an external battery from Amazon for that purpose. My problem lately is that my charger port on the phone is loose. My external battery now has a hard time making a connection to my phone now.

To answer his question, many people prefer the smaller size of extra internal batteries as opposed to carrying another device. It's less of a hassle to swap out internal batteries as opposed to having to tether one's phone to an external battery pack.

Originally posted by SkerInCo:

Just becoming an iPhone.
I switched from an iPhone to the Galaxy series for that reason. At the time, I wanted a device with a larger screen and less dependence on iTunes for file management. However, I wanted an OS skin that resembled iOS. To me, the Galaxy series since the S2 has been the main iPhone alternative out there.

The one major gripe I have with the S series phones is their chargers/ports. They go bad very easily. Very frustrating. Would still never buy an iphone.

I still have an S3 so I'll probably be upgrading sometime soon. Of all things, the power button went awry and kept restarting over and over on me. I ripped out the power button and now seems to work pretty good. But yeah, considering upgrade options. Honestly, I may go back to whatever HTC is offering at the moment. Had an HTC before the S3 and liked it a bit better.

As far as the HTC, I had the One (8) and after a year it went to shit. Buttons were slow to work, apps kept on freezing and the battery drained real bad once the lollipop download happened.

Went with the Droid Turbo over the S6................like it so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT