ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW - Phil Longo hired as OC by Wisconsin

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Longo had some prolific offenses at North Carolina. Of interest here to some because obviously Nebraska plays Wisconsin.

LINK

Reactions: ssmill777
What’s Brealon Allen’s next move? Leading rusher for NC this season was the QB Maye. Should be interesting next few days in Madtown.

Paul Chryst HC Wisconsin 7 years....
Overall 67-26 (.720)
Conf 43-18 (.704)
2 top 10 finishes
3 Division titles
7 Bowls (6-1)
3 New Years Day Bowls (2-1)
Multiple top 10 wins
FIRED!
Enter Pass heavy offense.....

Where have I seen this before??? 🤔
And Neb. hires Satterfield over Paul Chryst? Makes sense to me.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Nice Purdue is gonna be worse and Wisconsin is going to lose their defensive and offensive identities. Should make Nebraska and Illinois the kings of the west going forward.
Iowa and the Ferrets have one more #fakeid season left in them. They play only four teams (based on 2022 records) over .500 — three of them are 8-4 West opponents, including the aforementioned Boilers and Badgers that the Hawks play at home.

Reactions: Truewooper
I highly doubt he was hired to air it out

OP, here is Fickell’s highest profile hire - as predicted not someone he’s worked w in the past

We need a top DC & it seems we have $3.5M to pay him or her, so make it happen Rhule

I don't follow North Carolina but I would expect it depends in part by who North Carolina names as Longo's replacement.

Ask Russell Wilson. Seem to work out for him
Russell’s head coach at the time benched him because he wanted to play baseball too. It worked out for Russell but There’s no way in hell I would leave MAC for Luke

I agree with you on most things but not on your assessment of Fickell. I think Wisconsin made a great hire for themselves.
He’s a doofus who benefited greatly in Ohio for his time at OSU. He won’t get that same grace at Wisconsin. He’s a doofus.

Not really. I thought anybody who did what he did in that year at OSU with that loaded roster can’t be very smart. He’s a doofus.
Who were the best players on that “loaded roster”?

(I love a good troll job - keep it up!)

ADVERTISEMENT