ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW - No Autographs/Pictures with Frost at Fan Day

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
unless you're accompanying a kid who's 8th grade or younger and who has also has paid a $35 membership fee to belong to the JV Team. Nebraska apparently sees a new opportunity to cash in on the fame of the coach.

LINK

Not a good look. If he doesn't want to sign a bunch of autographs and take a bunch of photos, then have a lottery and limit it to the first 100 or whatever.

edit - I assumed this was Frost's idea. If not, the look is still bad, just on whoever is trying to make a buck off kids.

Last edited:
Not a good look. If he doesn't want to sign a bunch of autographs and take a bunch of photos, then have a lottery and limit it to the first 100 or whatever.

edit - I assumed this was Frost's idea. If not, the look is still bad, just on whoever is trying to make a buck off kids.
Of course you do.

Reactions: scarletred
The Nebraska JV Team is now recruiting! The official kids’ club of the Huskers, the Nebraska JV Team is open to all kids in eighth grade or below.

The Nebraska JV Team features great benefits for kids who are fans of all sports, beginning in August and lasting through the final championships in the spring. If you’d like to meet members of the Husker football team at Fan Day, get a free ticket to the red/white Volleyball game, shoot hoops on the Pinnacle Bank Arena court with the men’s and women’s basketball teams, throw a first pitch at baseball or get to know any of Nebraska’s 24 sports, this is the club for you!

Each membership costs just $35 per child, and includes all the great stuff this page details. Membership runs from August 1 through June 30 each year, with renewal taking place in July. Joining is easy, and is the first step to an unforgettable year of Husker athletics. All we’re missing is you!

This will be the only kids’ club offered for Nebraska Athletics, so we hope you’ll join us for a year of Husker fun. Go Big Red!

Glad I went last year to fan day. I personally won't be going to any more if they keep on the path of commercializing things to get more money. I'm for a free random lottery drawing to gain access to the coach if that's too much in demand to satisfy everyone. They already charge for the Spring Game unlike other schools.

Loyal fans deserve something for free as appreciation from the team for their support. Paying for fan day access just sends the wrong message IMO. It's like saying "we only care about you for the money you bring".

Reactions: Melmc
I think it is actually to deter the adults looking to make a money off of Frost’s signature. I have not been to the event since the early Solich era when I was in middle school. Even then there were grown men with garbage bags full of memorabilia hustling in front of kids to get autographs. I think this is a step in the right direction and wouldn’t be opposed to the attend with a child policy across the board.

I think it is actually to deter the adults looking to make a money off of Frost’s signature. I have not been to the event since the early Solich era when I was in middle school. Even then there were grown men with garbage bags full of memorabilia hustling in front of kids to get autographs. I think this is a step in the right direction and wouldn’t be opposed to the attend with a child policy across the board.
Well when I went to fan day I saw more than a few elderly people including some in wheel chairs there to support the team. I just think it's wrong to penalize them because they're old.

It's easy to stop the autograph seekers for profit, you limit the autograph to one item per fan. And they're already doing that.

so charging $35 to kids 8th grade and below just to get a signature is cool with you? We all know most of the kids will only use this kids club for this event.
They also get a t shirt, tickets and prizes. Not sure I am N with this. What kind of tickets etc. Need more information. Goes on sale July 1

So the guy making millions can sell his autograph & likeness, but the kids can't? Little ridiculous.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Frost is my hero. But I’d rather have a kid get his photo with him rather than a 40 something dude that’s lived through the glory years that probably has a ton of signed photos from the 90s. Not totally agreeing with the new deal, but I understand. Nebraska fans are crazy. If you don’t set a limit Frost would be signing shit for 48 hrs straight.

Reactions: F5Tornado
It also equates to a dinner out with a family of 4 for an evening(If you don't have a bar tab). What would you rather do? Buy a couple pizzas or spend a couple hours with your kid getting an autograph. PRICELESS.

I would be more excited if the 35 dollars equated to $3.50 per win

I never understood fan day. Once you are over like 10 do you really want an autograph of anyone? But whatever...

Also...wouldn't it go faster to do one of these two things...

1. The line forms and Frost goes down the line signing the one item, instead of the line moving to him.

Or

2. Pictures only (have your phone ready) and snap your selfie with him.

I have pictures and autographs with Johnny Cash, so I can get by without Scott Frost's. :D

I concur with Inigo Montoyas Father, I can understand why they're doing this, Frost would be signing until his hand gave out, no biggie.

Reactions: scarletred
It also equates to a dinner out with a family of 4 for an evening(If you don't have a bar tab). What would you rather do? Buy a couple pizzas or spend a couple hours with your kid getting an autograph. PRICELESS.

I think you're on to something, Sparky. Just think, an autograph, pizza and a few beers with your kid and Coach Frost, what could be better than that? :D

Reactions: sparky62
unless you're accompanying a kid who's 8th grade or younger and who has also has paid a $35 membership fee to belong to the JV Team. Nebraska apparently sees a new opportunity to cash in on the fame of the coach.

LINK

Looks AD Moos has figured out a way to fund future Memorial Stadium Expansion/Improvement projects by using the Nebraska JV Team. Winking

35-thirty-five-dollars*750xx1280-720-0-120.jpg

Last edited:
They also get a t shirt, tickets and prizes. Not sure I am N with this. What kind of tickets etc. Need more information. Goes on sale July 1

They get tickets to the red/white volleyball game and when they purchase tickets to a men's or women's basketball game they can go on the floor and shoot baskets during a designated time. My kids belonged to fan clubs when they were young. I get it, but most of the time we joined because we were at the event and they had a sign up, then never used the damn things.

Reactions: huskerfan66
If you think this is about personal income for Frost you are a complete moron. Frost dont need any more money. It would he nice to see what the money goes for. There are some pretty cool benefits for the kids by joining for what most people would spend in 2 hours at the bar after a game. I cant believe people are whining about this. The line last year was so freaking long it was sickening. Lest see, you could wait in line to get Frosts autograph or in the same amount of time you could have gotten half the teams autographs.

Frost is a good dude. Monday my sons after school child care program toured the stadium. They had idiot bus drivers who got lost on the way back to pick the kids up. Frost was leaving the stadium and took the time to talk and take pictures with a bunch of kids. Some of the players did as well. He is a class act.

If you think this is about personal income for Frost you are a complete moron. Frost dont need any more money. It would he nice to see what the money goes for. There are some pretty cool benefits for the kids by joining for what most people would spend in 2 hours at the bar after a game. I cant believe people are whining about this. The line last year was so freaking long it was sickening. Lest see, you could wait in line to get Frosts autograph or in the same amount of time you could have gotten half the teams autographs.

Frost is a good dude. Monday my sons after school child care program toured the stadium. They had idiot bus drivers who got lost on the way back to pick the kids up. Frost was leaving the stadium and took the time to talk and take pictures with a bunch of kids. Some of the players did as well. He is a class act.

99% of this post is irrelevant. I don't believe anyone said that Frost was keeping the cash for his own personal gain. That he wasn't a class act. The benefits sound cool until you read what you actually get. Basically it is a ticket to the red/white volleyball game, and the ability to shoot baskets at PBA at some point. It doesn't even say during a game. Then there is a chance to throw out a first pitch at a baseball game.

I think it is a bit steep to charge each kid $35 bucks for a signature/ picture with the coach and a ticket to the volleyball practice game. They made it expensive enough that people will balk at the idea of paying, which will in turn reduce the number of signatures and pictures Frost will have to partake in.

I don't have an issue with him limiting the number of pictures or signatures. I just believe it would make more sense to just have a lottery and keep the entries to those kids 8th grade and younger.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
$35 coming off a 4-win season? I can see if it’s Saban or Dabo charging this but we gotta earn that right to charge and I mean in the win column. I do like the first 100 to enter idea mentioned by another poster above.

Will that money go to proceeds? I’d be cool with that too.

What pizza place? That could change my answer.

Reactions: SC_'sker
99% of this post is irrelevant. I don't believe anyone said that Frost was keeping the cash for his own personal gain. That he wasn't a class act. The benefits sound cool until you read what you actually get. Basically it is a ticket to the red/white volleyball game, and the ability to shoot baskets at PBA at some point. It doesn't even say during a game. Then there is a chance to throw out a first pitch at a baseball game.

I think it is a bit steep to charge each kid $35 bucks for a signature/ picture with the coach and a ticket to the volleyball practice game. They made it expensive enough that people will balk at the idea of paying, which will in turn reduce the number of signatures and pictures Frost will have to partake in.

I don't have an issue with him limiting the number of pictures or signatures. I just believe it would make more sense to just have a lottery and keep the entries to those kids 8th grade and younger.

Nebraska JV Team Benefits in 2019-20

• Welcome package including T-shirt, ID card, lanyard, schedule cards, and more!
  • *NEW THIS YEAR! Only JV team members will be permitted to meet Coach Frost at Football Fan Day on August 1, 2019. Each JV Team member may be accompanied by one adult and have one item signed. More information to be provided the week of Fan Day
  • Early admission & special JV Team entrance to Football Fan Day letting you be first in line to meet the Husker football team if registered by July 30†^
  • Free admission for members with JV Team ID card for all Husker regular-season home sporting events except Football, Volleyball and Men's Basketball. (General admission seating)
  • One free ticket to the Volleyball Red-White Fall Scrimmage*
  • One free ticket to a select Men's Basketball non-conference game & on-court shoot around*
  • One free ticket to the Football Red-White Spring Game*
  • Weekly e-mails updating you on this week's Huskers home events and upcoming JV Team promotions
  • Birthday e-card to celebrate your big day with a $5 gift card to the Huskers Shop online store!
  • Special JV Team promotions at select sporting events
  • Seasonally themed JV Team prize packs mailed Fall (welcome package), Winter, Spring & Summer

Nebraska JV Team Benefits in 2019-20

• Welcome package including T-shirt, ID card, lanyard, schedule cards, and more!
  • *NEW THIS YEAR! Only JV team members will be permitted to meet Coach Frost at Football Fan Day on August 1, 2019. Each JV Team member may be accompanied by one adult and have one item signed. More information to be provided the week of Fan Day
  • Early admission & special JV Team entrance to Football Fan Day letting you be first in line to meet the Husker football team if registered by July 30†^
  • Free admission for members with JV Team ID card for all Husker regular-season home sporting events except Football, Volleyball and Men's Basketball. (General admission seating)
  • One free ticket to the Volleyball Red-White Fall Scrimmage*
  • One free ticket to a select Men's Basketball non-conference game & on-court shoot around*
  • One free ticket to the Football Red-White Spring Game*
  • Weekly e-mails updating you on this week's Huskers home events and upcoming JV Team promotions
  • Birthday e-card to celebrate your big day with a $5 gift card to the Huskers Shop online store!
  • Special JV Team promotions at select sporting events
  • Seasonally themed JV Team prize packs mailed Fall (welcome package), Winter, Spring & Summer
That's a really good deal. If my kids were younger we'd hit he baseball games and wrestling. Screw the lines for a picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT