ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW - Here's Another Report About a B1G Season with Limited No. of Teams

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
An Ohio State insider claims that Ohio State is working on a plan to convince at least 6 B1G teams to have a football season. Reportedly Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State and Iowa are on board. Trying to convince Michigan and Wisconsin to join. Sounds like Michigan and Wisconsin Coach's and AD's want to join but still have to convince their Presidents to let them participate.

In this plan for a 10 game season each team would play each other team twice, once at home and once away. No B1G championship game.

This report seems a bit more legit than some of the others BUT it's not a done deal yet so take it FWIW.

LINK

Another Article: And here's an entirely different report out of Wisconsin that claims the B1G is looking at a Spring season starting in January using Indoor stadiums.

2ND LINK to Wisconsin Article

Last edited:
An Ohio State insider claims that Ohio State is working on a plan to convince at least 6 B1G teams to have a football season. Reportedly Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State and Iowa are on board. Trying to convince Michigan and Wisconsin to join. Sounds like Michigan and Wisconsin Coach's and AD's want to join but still have to convince their Presidents to let them participate.

In this plan for a 10 game season each team would play each other team twice, once at home and once away. No B1G championship game.

This report seems a bit more legit than some of the others BUT it's not a done deal yet so take it FWIW.

LINK

Well, that would work for me! Anything is better than a total shut-down.

It's being reported that one reason it’s thought that OSU AD Smith is leading the charge is that Ohio governor Mike DeWine gave the go-ahead for contact sports this season. DeWine’s approval means high school sports, the Cincinnati Bearcats, and the NFL’s Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns are all playing.

Sounds to me like AD Smith is doing Kevin Warren's job for him.

This winter and early spring football is a bad idea.. Even if they have to wait till later in Sept and first October would be better if the other 3 Power5 conference are making it work..

I mean that limits the exposer for everyone and is actually the smartest way to play. 6 teams bubble and 6 teams you trust. Will cover all bases really. Get football. Get ultimate protection

From a football standpoint, it will hurt us and Ohio State the most

Us - cause we may easily go 2-8. Ohio State- very difficult to beat a team twice in a season And to do that 5 times, unlikely. So would damper a title shot especially since this year will be completely in the hands of voters

and Rutgers gets what they want along with the rest of the worried teams and Lovey Smith gets to keep his job another year. Win for all and actually a no brainer. So Warner will screw it up.

Sooo, this is starting to sound like 2 distinct camps are beginning to align. Early this morning saw part of an interview with P.J. on BTN who adamantly stated that in his interviews with about 1/3 of his team so far, 100% have agreed that canceling this season has been the right call. Minnesota also permitted the release a statement by QB-Morgan reaffirming what P.J. said . Good lord.

153aa04d40567aef7c6027ab422a14ec.png

Not so fast my friends, I think if the teams mentioned actually play as stated we would finish 1-10. I know we need the practice but that would just be too demoralizing for the team and too big of an embarrassment for the fans. I couldn't imagine anything worse that no Husker football, until this.

Not so fast my friends, I think if the teams mentioned actually play as stated we would finish 1-10. I know we need the practice but that would just be too demoralizing for the team and too big of an embarrassment for the fans. I couldn't imagine anything worse that no Husker football, until this.
So who do we play 3 times?

Sooo, this is starting to sound like 2 distinct camps are beginning to align. Early this morning saw part of an interview with P.J. on BTN who adamantly stated that in his interviews with about 1/3 of his team so far, 100% have agreed that canceling this season has been the right call. Minnesota also permitted the release a statement by QB-Morgan reaffirming what P.J. said . Good lord.

Me thinks PJ is not being honest.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT