ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW - All Michigan State Athletes Gifted a Paycheck

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
SIAP - Under the new NIL rules, every basketball and football player on the Michigan State teams will be paid $6000 per year by one rich alum. Not a huge windfall for any single individual but still enough to come in handy for a college student. And that of course doesn't preclude them from getting other deals and they still have their scholarships.

Reactions: bluenrg
SIAP - Under the new NIL rules, every basketball and football player on the Michigan State teams will be paid $6000 per year by one rich alum. Not a huge windfall for any single individual but still enough to come in handy for a college student. And that of course doesn't preclude them from getting other deals and they still have their scholarships.
Not too shabby. I could use another 500 bucks per month when I was in college

Nice for them!!! I would also love to get gifted a paycheck but unfortunately, I am not as popular in a high position to get something like that. I work in payroll and I have to work my ass off for a whole month until my boss transfers me the money that I made through https://www.payrollindex.com/payroll-administration/. I am at least happy that I am abroad because I get to see new places and things and also because my boss is not here all the time to complain. I get to work quickly and get my work done before closing hours so that I get to visit more places and explore them.

Last edited:
Creighton hoops is operating the same way, except 2 checks/season - both for ~$10k, and received right after signing/transfer deadlines

I assume our athletic dept has something figured out, but based on what we see between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if the letters N-I-L have never been mentioned in north stadium

Creighton hoops is operating the same way, except 2 checks/season - both for ~$10k, and received right after signing/transfer deadlines

I assume our athletic dept has something figured out, but based on what we see between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if the letters N-I-L have never been mentioned in north stadium
But you really have no clue.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
But you really have no clue.
about NU? correct.

I am just assuming, given the fact 3-ring circuses point to our athletics dept & laugh, that we are significantly behind our competition on this - and every - important development

Who's the booster?

Who's the booster?
it's a resource pool, not a single booster

Kansas is the gold standard when it comes to these things. throughout recent history (since at least 2000), all KU hoopsters who graduated from KU received a check for $250k the day they received their diploma.

yes, this took place long before NIL.

about NU? correct.

I am just assuming, given the fact 3-ring circuses point to our athletics dept & laugh, that we are significantly behind our competition on this - and every - important development
So yes you are assuming.

It is all private. Why assume it is so bad? You think we get the transfer guys if our NIL is terrible as you state?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
So yes you are assuming.

It is all private. Why assume it is so bad? You think we get the transfer guys if our NIL is terrible as you state?
yes. the transfers (in hoops) are even more terrible than what I assume our NIL approach is.

Creighton stuff is straight from a booster who was in the locker room the last time the checks were handed out. KU stuff is from a 5-year equipment manager.

Reactions: scarletred

Creighton athletic dept would never do this as the school can’t arrange NIL money. Wait, never mind. They don’t care about rules. Maybe they did

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT