ADVERTISEMENT

Future Luke

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Soooo.... is the idea still that Luke wants to be a QB? If so, how’s that gonna work? Wouldn’t Luke see a more lucrative future as a WR where he could go to the league like his dad?

Reactions: headcard
Probably will see Nixon, Alante Brown here right? Maybe some other newcomers?

Maybe. I agree with OP that Luke would be great here. If he got Wandale's touches, I think he would easily get the 5 ypc and 9 ypc Wandale got. I also would love to see a WR trio of Betts, Manning and Toure all out there together.

Also, there is this guy in the portal that would be awesome: He's not going to Mississippi State now because of some online class.

Pick him up!
Maybe. I agree with OP that Luke would be great here. If he got Wandale's touches, I think he would easily get the 5 ypc and 9 ypc Wandale got. I also would love to see a WR trio of Betts, Manning and Toure all out there together.

Also, there is this guy in the portal that would be awesome: He's not going to Mississippi State now because of some online class.

Reactions: headcard
coaches may not have this as an option

Michigan floated the idea of Dylan playing another position in order to get on the field and before they could blink his bags were packed and he was gone

the staff will need to carefully go through the proper channels with Luke's camp/handlers and see if they can get them to sign off on any changes

If he can't beat Adrian Martinez out at some point next year, the writing is on the wall. Salvage your career and change positions. We already know he's a playmaker, just not as a thrower. Transferring schools won't be the solution either. It's not always a good strategy for the best player to be the quarterback by default. How did his brother work out at Michigan? He didn't.

I hate to write off a kid as a QB after so little playing time...but oh my God does he look terrible as a decision maker. I didn't think I could cringe more watching a guy in the pocket than with Taylor and Trubisky but Luke went and proved me wrong. Every time he drops back I'm muttering, "Oh no, oh God no don't throw a pick."

He's a gifted athlete but not a gifted passer, nor did I see anything promising as far as his field vision throwing the ball. Basically Adrian got benched for being bad and then Luke got the job, and Luke was SO BAD that they un-benched Adrian after gaining new perspective on just how bad bad can be.

He needs to develop a TON if he's going to be viable as a QB, whereas he has immediate upside as a duck-R type guy. If he transfers because of that, frankly I don't care.

coaches may not have this as an option

Michigan floated the idea of Dylan playing another position in order to get on the field and before they could blink his bags were packed and he was gone

the staff will need to carefully go through the proper channels with Luke's camp/handlers and see if they can get them to sign off on any changes
Then it's a super easy decision, you move him. If he's an awful QB and he'll quit if you change his position, you change his position and wish him luck.

Then it's a super easy decision, you move him. If he's an awful QB and he'll quit if you change his position, you change his position and wish him luck.
Maybe you give him a lot of designed plays to start the season and the decision takes care of itself. But, but, but I'm a quarterback. Whatever dude, line up wide, on 3.

I think Luke has a shot to develop into an NFL receiver/athlete if he makes the switch. It should be an easy decision if playing in the NFL is in his future plans.

He will need to be a LOT more durable. He has been pretty much a paper tiger.

Last edited:
^^^This^^^ The team comes first and Luke is a liability at the QB position throwing the ball. You don’t keep a guy at QB when he stinks just to keep him on the team. You tell him he is being moved and if he leaves he leaves.

this staff struggles with easy decisions -

or in this case assurances made during recruitment that no longer make it an easy decision - similarly lots of assurances were made to the Wandale camp and when they were not honored - he left

this staff struggles with easy decisions -

or in this case assurances made during recruitment that no longer make it an easy decision - similarly lots of assurances were made to the Wandale camp and when they were not honored - he left

Wrong again. Why do you just make this nonsense up? Go back and read Wandale’s quotes from when he was recruited. He wanted to be a hybrid, was recruited like one and was used that way. Since then Morrow has convinced his dad that Wandale is now Randy Moss (Little Moss, Mini Moss, Baby Moss). And Luke was promised a shot at QB, guess what, he’s had it.

Wrong again. Why do you just make this nonsense up? Go back and read Wandale’s quotes from when he was recruited. He wanted to be a hybrid, was recruited like one and was used that way. Since then Morrow has convinced his dad that Wandale is now Randy Moss (Little Moss, Mini Moss, Baby Moss). And Luke was promised a shot at QB, guess what, he’s had it.

im talking about the assurances that were made to entice him not to leave after the 2019 season

If he can't beat Adrian Martinez out at some point next year, the writing is on the wall. Salvage your career and change positions. We already know he's a playmaker, just not as a thrower. Transferring schools won't be the solution either. It's not always a good strategy for the best player to be the quarterback by default. How did his brother work out at Michigan? He didn't.
Agree. He won’t be a QB at any other D1 school. Might as well accept it and not waste his unbelievable talents.

No thanks

All this talk and nobody can face reality. Kid's family wants to protect his body and mostly his brain.

The problems his had with concussions and possibly onset CTE is a factor with both Dylan and Luke. It's starting QB or see ya.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Anyone telling Luke his future is at QB is blowing smoke up his ass. He could be a nice WR like dad but he's no passer.

It's in everyone's best interest to be honest about that.

This is why I kept saying NU needs two QBs this cycle.
It makes perfect sense. But you know people will lose their dam minds on here if he goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT