ADVERTISEMENT

Funny Nick Saban comment

resdog851

All-American
Dec 30, 2003
Papillion, Nebraska
“Tennessee got in what looked like an I-formation last week on the goal line and our players actually did not know what to do. They had never seen it. Never seen it,” Saban said on his radio show Thursday night.

He further explained how offenses have changed over the years and everything is now “spread out.”

The quote is not actually funny ha ha, but interesting nonetheless. The absolute Vince Lombardi of current college football admitted his team had no idea how to defend the dreaded I-formation when they saw it last week. That fullback is really confusing in current spread formations. I absolutely agree that Scott Frost was horrible during his time coaching here, but imagine if he would have said this in a press conference or radio show. Dude would have got run over by a big giant red bus when he left the building. (thats a metaphor, not an actual red bus). The more things change, the more they stay the same. Some mad scientist play caller will probably be running the wishbone this time next year and a 46 defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT