ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the BIG

Incorrect. The Big Ten's media contract has an escalator clause with multiple provisions that increase the payout rate depending on exactly which schools and how many are added built into it. They set it up with expansion fully on the table.
ND is the only school that would trigger any escalator clause

Reactions: TheNewNU
The media rights deal is already locked in. New revenue to add additional teams would have to come from a new media source other than Fox - CBS or NBC

Those three networks already own the prime time slots for big ten football

Fox - noon
CBS - 3:30
NBC - evening

So the 3 most attractive big ten matchups are already off the table . Any new media partner would be bidding on at best the 4th best game to be aired in unfavorable time slot. Given that I doubt a new media bid that increases team revenues will materialize
Streamers like Amazon and Apple would likely have potential interest in some package.

I went to Frostburg lol
My Wife graduated from there. I went to Cal U of PA. And the reason I posted this is because I do think that Florida St is close to attaining AAU status. SO they might be more attractive to the BIG if that happens. And FSU is a brand name with alot of eyeballs

it's a pleasant thought, especially if they could be our Thanksgiving Day game...going to Florida every other year in late November would be great

Also great would to have a Florida team come here in late November. Pencil that in as a W.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT