ADVERTISEMENT

FSU 2020 NCAA Hoops champions

Last edited:
It is too late ... UCF already claimed the title for themselves.

they also have dibs on the titles in baseball, softball, track and field and any other spring sport ... they are also claiming any and all club level national titles

Well played.

Reactions: jlb321
FSU accepted a trophy for a tournament in which they didnt play one game, so this isnt surprising

FSU accepted a trophy for a tournament in which they didnt play one game, so this isnt surprising
With respect to the conference tournament trophy, I think most conferences have in their protocol to award the tournament championship to the highest-remaining seed for the purpose of designating an automatic qualifier for the NCAA tournament.

Only reason I know this is because I started researching it when the Big Ten baseball tournament in Bloomington, Indiana, (2017) kept having rain delays push games to the following day and/or out of order (There was a team eliminated in that double-elimination tournament (Michigan) before the first round was officially complete (Maryland and Iowa hadn't played yet)).

The reason for this protocol is to have a champion determined by the selection committee deadline. At the time cancelling the ACC tournament was determined by the conference, the NCAA tournament hadn't been cancelled, so I understand declaring FSU the champion for that purpose.

But the state government voting to declare them the national champion is ridiculous.

So desperate for recognition, but when will administrators/legislators realize that crowning yourself champ and/or undefeated (when you're, in fact, neither) is a path to universal ridicule and nothing more?

fi2T7PAQp2sZkbSQJvTMRb6ha1fd0SugxQ16I9SWmJJnoASwTnwgCQyF_T7_RTi1YuGaje6Y88iO74EAKc4RtIJ_kLhaK8hfaAw

cgmxx_su0aeoilp.jpg

V9p9daJ__MYYlC4pK8C494WMBtqLWljLfhmpc3-o_K5JRV9ApKhf5yKJnWdnmxNTcrEGkIapaa1QCBpinmOMMcWWhpY7OaZXZsWJIVH8vWTM

DV_ht2535pG1CPK1dgP_PXZdqVtlaAwN5Dlrb6xQDfY.jpg

Last edited:
Not speaking ill of any of our Florida players, (they were wise to gtfo of there) but Florida is the dumpster of the United States. This is example #5,829,329,185,709

Last edited:
Reactions: nwualum
If it pisses off Kansas fans, I am 100% in favor. So, congratulations 'Noles on a well-deserved championship. Where can I buy a T-shirt?

With respect to the conference tournament trophy, I think most conferences have in their protocol to award the tournament championship to the highest-remaining seed for the purpose of designating an automatic qualifier for the NCAA tournament.

Only reason I know this is because I started researching it when the Big Ten baseball tournament in Bloomington, Indiana, (2017) kept having rain delays push games to the following day and/or out of order (There was a team eliminated in that double-elimination tournament (Michigan) before the first round was officially complete (Maryland and Iowa hadn't played yet)).

The reason for this protocol is to have a champion determined by the selection committee deadline. At the time cancelling the ACC tournament was determined by the conference, the NCAA tournament hadn't been cancelled, so I understand declaring FSU the champion for that purpose.

But the state government voting to declare them the national champion is ridiculous.
These kind of non-binding resolutions by state legislative bodies are not unusual. Back in 1995, the Pennsylvania legislature declared the college football polls null and void in the state and declared Penn State the 1994 national champions. There have been others too, anytime somebody feels their team got unfairly cheated out of a title. They are non-binding resolutions and have no legal force.

Reactions: saluno22
These kind of non-binding resolutions by state legislative bodies are not unusual. Back in 1995, the Pennsylvania legislature declared the college football polls null and void in the state and declared Penn State the 1994 national champions. There have been others too, anytime somebody feels their team got unfairly cheated out of a title. They are non-binding resolutions and have no legal force.
I think Utah did one back when Urban Meyer coached the Utes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT